cure-real

Thread: Essential oils

Essential oils

Do you gals know anything about essential oils? A neighbor is trying to sell me some and she said it can cure anything from arthritis to allergies and skin problems. She says its best to rub into my feet and my body will absorb it and voila!! I'm cured! This may be too hippi-ish, too new age? Maybe I will just buy some as a moisturizer just to be nice.

Re: Essential oils

Hm. I have only heard of them used as aromatherapy. I have peppermint which I sniff when I have an upset stomach...doesn't take it away, but it's something that feels pleasant when I'm feeling unpleasant! I also sniff lavender if I'm having anxiety. It doesn't take it away but it does offer a little temporary relief.

I do know that for pure essential oils, they recommend that you don't rub it directly on your skin. In my experience when I put it straight on my skin, I get a rash. They suggest you mix it up with something. I haven't heard of it as moisturizer.

My mom is way into experimenting with natural remedies for things. Here's my unsolicited opinion, from the wife of a pharmacist:

-Until Jesus comes back, there will be disease in the world, and there will be no magic cure for anything (at least, not one that works for everyone!)
    -Drugs are just synthetic versions of natural things.
    -Drugs have been tested and approved by the FDA for treatment and relief of sickness and disease; herbs and such have not.
    -Herbal remedies are foreign to your body in the same way that drugs are.

Finally:

It's great to try natural remedies for things. But when you need relief in order to function, it makes sense to go for the drugs. I saw a neurologist for constant migraine. He referred me to chiropractic, had me stop eating dairy, etc. I couldn't even work. Went to another neurologist; he was like "Yeah, it's good to find out what's causing the migraine...but first we have to break you OUT of the migraine and get you functioning." Best piece of advice ever. Took the drugs, went through the steroid courses. I'm down to one migraine a week, and I have the freedom to try out different possible triggers!

Just my two cents and a soapbox for something that wasn't really related to the post!

In the slave pits of manmade Christianity, setting the captives free.

Men are not allowed in the well. Please stay out of here!
    Last edited by miepie; Apr 1st 2013 at 09:45 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RabbiKnife View Post
    I use 10-W-30 in the truck, but then, it's got 88,000 miles on it.
    MAN IN THE WELL OMG GETITOFF!!!!!

Ahem.

I do think that essential oils can be beneficial based upon the benefits of the herbs from whence they are extracted, but do your research, because they're certainly not a cure-all for anything.

For greater health benefits, I'd just add more herbs to the food I'm cooking, honestly. Certainly a more direct delivery system minus whatever they use additionally in these oils (verify the ingredients before you buy).

Also, from what I understand it's a lot cheaper and probably better to just make your own oils and extracts from herbs/plants because you have control over all the ingredients to begin with.

Thanks ladies for your responses!! The oils are kind of expensive, she recommended some oils for dry skin, but I'd rather go to trader joes and buy pure coconut oil and use that.

Quote Originally Posted by RabbiKnife View Post
    I use 10-W-30 in the truck, but then, it's got 88,000 miles on it.
    although that is an oil and essential to your trucks performance, not the same "essential oil" we are talking about here.

Now you go on outta hea Rabbi, shooo.

Thread Information