cure-real

Thread: Question about Profile Access, Avatars, etc.

Question about Profile Access, Avatars, etc.

Why do I sometimes get a message that I do not have permission to view my own profile?

And I don't understand how to upload a custom avatar. Is that privilege reserved for those who have a certain number of posts???

Also would like to know how to post a message underneath my name?

Thanks. I have used forums online before but this one seems to be a little diffferent.

Once you have been a member for 7 days and 10 posts, those options will open up for you. Your post count is ok just need a few more days.

Thought it might be something like that. Thanks for responding.

No problem. We are here to serve.

Re: Question about Profile Access, Avatars, etc.

I'm glad I finally found the proper place to ask these questions!

1. Avatars; how to do it. I'd like to use a picture from my computer.

2. Writing under my name.

(ummm, I am so far behind in everything computer-i.e. social networking. )

3. What are the reasons for the blogs? Do you address them to someone special or just in general?

4. What do tags mean?

5. I have had one friend request, I replied to it. Should I answer it in some way here on the board, and how?

6. What is the paypal donation box for?

I am so lost on the board with these things. The last time I posted was many years ago, and they weren't even using avatars!

Thank you, in advance!
    Dani
    I'm not going to learn unles someone is willing to point me to the answers.
    Last edited by Dani; Oct 6th 2013 at 01:01 AM. Reason: forgot a question

Blog Entries

I don't know if someone has already answered you since it's been a week, but since no one has replied yet in this thread, I'll respond!

Quote Originally Posted by Dani View Post
    1. Avatars; how to do it. I'd like to use a picture from my computer.
    It looks like you got this solved already, but the "Edit Avatar" button can be found using the same method I describe below:

2. Writing under my name.
    On the top you'll see "settings", right beside the log out button. Click on that. In the new window, there will be options on the left side. Scroll down to the box called "my settings" and there will be a link called "Edit Signature". If you click that, it will take you to the form where you can write what you want to show up under all your posts!

3. What are the reasons for the blogs?
    They can be for whatever you want! Usually I see people write about real-life experience, thoughts on things, etc. Think of it as a journal and/or your own newspaper.

4. What do tags mean?
    You can add tags to help people find your thread if its a common topic. For example, if you make a post on something Christmas related, you might want to add the tag "Christmas" so that anyone using the search bar can find your post easily. Tags are only useful if they are broad though - it wouldn't help to write a tag named "My critique of John Calvin," but instead, you might just want the tag "Calvin" since more people are likely to search that word than the whole title. Tags aren't necessary though... I only use them if it's a controversial topic.

5. I have had one friend request, I replied to it. Should I answer it in some way here on the board, and how?
    It's usually best to send a PM to that person since what you write would be directed to them specifically instead of the whole community.

6. What is the paypal donation box for?
    If you want to give a donation to the site to help it along, you can use PayPal to do so!
    Go and cry out to the gods whom you have chosen;
    Let them save you in the time of your distress.
    Judges 10:14

Aviyah,
    Thank you so much for answering! I so appreciate.
    Somethings I did figure out, and what I didn't, you have explained.

I had looked and looked, and felt so lost.
    These things were not available the last time I posted on a forum. So much has changed.
    I will go in and read some of the blogs and see what type things people are saying. I know on the 'net folks have blogs, but I never read/done any; I was just not able to sit at the computer very long for a couple of years, so I have missed much.
    God Bless!
    Dani
    If someone's name comes to mind ~ pray; you may be the only person who EVER prays for them...

Thread Information