cure-real

Thread: Advice?

Help Advice?

Okay, so there's this one guy that I like hanging out with. Somedays we sit together at lunch. We both agree that we're just friends - nothing more. But that's not what the rest of the world says...

At school, a lot of people on my team (there about 150 on a team) are spreading rumors that the two of us are going out, dating, sleeping with each other, etc. This has been going on since the beginning of the school year, but now it seems as if he (or I) can't take it any more. Lately, he's been telling me how much he wants to just attack someone. I've told him to just keep his cool and ignore other people, but I'm not sure how long he can endure this bullying.

I was just wondering what all of you thought ... and if you had any advice. Thanks.

-Cnch

Why are you/he getting mad? People talk, it doesnt end in school unfortunately. Learn how to deal with it passively now so it wont affect you in the future. You can never control what people think or what they say, just live your life for God and you'll be fine.

I'm mad mainly for the fact that in the rumors, I am supposedly sleeping with him and going to get pregnant. We're just friends! Plus, I'm not even out of high school yet!

I guess I must not have written the first post as I wished to imply. I know that talk never ends at school and I can't control what other people think, say, and do. I guess what I was asking advice on was how I can mentally get over this. It really just hurts to be talked about so badly and for a good friend to be talked about badly as well.

Thanks for the advice, Jeffinator.

Blog Entries
    If you (or he) needs to talk to someone, then he should do so. This is the sort of thing you really just have to learn to ignore, grow a "tough skin" as it were. But, I'm not female so I don't understanding the struggle (never did, to be honest) for you, I've never had any problems ignoring it.

Here's how to mentally get over it:
    Matthew 5:43-44 KJV Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
    Forgive them, bless them, and pray for them (not that God would smite them, but rather bring them into the light).

Thanks to everyone who posted! I really appreciate your input.

-Cnch

Re: Advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Cnch View Post
    Thanks to everyone who posted! I really appreciate your input.

-Cnch
    hey there! i am not out of high school either and i know what your going through but people will talk and the best thing is to ignore it and (sad to say but) i promise they will find something else to talk about. Just remember to keep God first and let Him guide you! He will lead you through all this thats what i did and now there are no more rumors

As hard as it may be, try not and let it get to you. I had a really bad rumor spread about it, almost the same as yours and I tried my best not to let it bother me, even though on the inside it was eating me up. Now that Jesus is in my life (yours too) you just got to remember how much ridicule He went through and did not say ONE bad thing to them. He simply prayed for the Father to forgive them. Try it!
    Why are you searching for love? Why are you still looking as if I'm not enough?

Unfortunatley, high school is all about rumors and cliques. EVERY SINGLE high school will have those 2 things, you can't escape it. Just try to ignore all the rumors and keep your focus on God.

Listen what people have to say, did you know a guy and a girl that are really best friends, end up having the best marriages, it could be a sign from god that you two are meant to be, who knows. Bit most importantly follow your heart and ask god for guidance, to get you through, if you absolutely don't like each other like that, then just ignore it, trust me people will lose interest if you show no signs that you care, for what they have to say.

God bless

Thread Information