cure-real
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Personality Types: You and Biblical Figures

Personality Types: You and Biblical Figures

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

This is a 72-question personality type indicator. When you press "Score It!" a new page will load and it'll show you a four letter combination like ISTJ or ENFP. Read it up on WikiPedia or go to http://www.typelogic.com/[letter combination].html and see how accurate it is.

On the TypeLogic site, it also lists famous people of your type and for several of them it includes Biblical figures. For instance, the disciple Thomas was an ISTJ like myself. King David on the other hand was ENFJ. Peter was ESTJ and Mary, mother of Jesus, was INFP.

Oddly enough, no one has been able to really classify Jesus' personality type. From what I've read, several claim he's a perfect balance of all 16 types. Which could be true, but personally I think he had a dominant type, like perhaps ENFJ (although I read elsewhere that someone felt he's INFP.)

I keep getting different answers each time I take it.

Blog Entries
    I will let you all decide if it is accurate or not...

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:
    moderately expressed extravert
    distinctively expressed intuitive personality
    slightly expressed thinking personality
    slightly expressed judging personality

ENTJs are decisive. They see what needs to be done, and frequently assign roles to their fellows. Few other types can equal their ability to remain resolute in conflict, sending the valiant (and often leading the charge) into the mouth of hell. When challenged, the ENTJ may by reflex become argumentative. Alternatively (s)he may unleash an icy gaze that serves notice: the ENTJ is not one to be trifled with.

Functional Analysis

Extraverted Thinking
    "Unequivocating" expresses the resoluteness of the ENTJ's dominant function. Clarity of convictions endows these Thinkers with a knack for debate, or wanting knack, a penchant for argument. The light and heat generated by Thinking at the helm can be impressive; perhaps even overwhelming. Experience teaches many ENTJs that restraint may often be the better part of valor, lest one find oneself victorious but alone.

Introverted iNtuition
    The auxiliary function explores the blueprints of archetypal patterns and equips Thinking with a fresh, dynamic sense of how things work. Improvising on the fly is something many ENTJs do very well. As Thinking's subordinate, insights are of value only insofar as they further the Right, True Cause celebre. [n.b.: ENTJs are capable of living on a higher plane, if you will, and learning to value individuals even above their principles. The above dynamic suggests less individuation.]

Extraverted Sensing
    Sensing reaches out to embrace that which physically touches it. ENTJs have an awareness of the real; of that which exists. By stilling the engines of Thinking and iNtuition, this type may experience the Here and Now, and know things not dreamt of nor even postulated in iNtuition's philosophy. Sensing's minor role, however, puts it at risk for distortion or extreme weakness beneath the hustle and bustle of the giants N and T.

Introverted Feeling
    Feeling is romantic, as the ethereal as the inner world from whence it doth emerge. When it be awake, feeling evokes great passion that knows not nuance of proportion nor context. Perhaps these lesser functions inspire glorious recreational quests in worlds that never were, or may only ever be in fantasy. When overdone or taken too seriously, Fi turned outward often becomes maudlin or melodramatic. Feeling in this type appears most authentic when implied or expressed covertly in a firm handshake, accepting demeanor, or act of sacrifice thinly covered by excuses of lack of any personal interest in the relinquished item.
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

I'm INTJ...

I'm apparently like C.S. Lewis. No biblical character, unfortunately.
    "God created mankind and men created the gods. This is how it is in the worldó
    the men create gods and they worship their creations. It would have been more
    appropriate for the gods to worship mankind!"
    --Gospel of Philip 92 (Author Unknown)

Blog Entries
    Clarity of convictions endows these Thinkers with a knack for debate, or wanting knack, a penchant for argument. The light and heat generated by Thinking at the helm can be impressive; perhaps even overwhelming. Experience teaches many ENTJs that restraint may often be the better part of valor, lest one find oneself victorious but alone.
    See moderators!!!! I told you it wasn't my fault!!!

For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Blog Entries
    I am an INFP, when I took it last I scored 99% on I, N, F, and P

Quote Originally Posted by GreekAsianPanda View Post
    I'm INTJ...

I'm apparently like C.S. Lewis. No biblical character, unfortunately.
    I always get INTJ when I take these tests too. It's nice to be a Mastermind.
    We long to be known and we fear it like nothing else.
    Most people live with subtle dread that one day,
    they will be discovered for who they really are,
    and the world will be appalled.
    - Curtis, Brent and John Eldredge,
    The Sacred Romance: Drawing Closer to the Heart of God

The joy is not in hiding, the joy is in being found.
    - David Terry

My Testimony

I don't know much about these things that want to measure and count these guys...or me for that fact.

All I do know is that many of the stories and characters in the Bible are guys that I can readily identify with...

Some are good guys...and some ain't. I wish it was more good guys than bad...but I know better.

I do understand the feelings and emotions and actions that many of them took...and what God did about them.

God is his own individual...has his own mind about things...and measuring the unmeasurable...well...that doesn't sound like a good idea.

The Home of the Airborne and Special Operations Forces
    Your Type is
    INTJ
    Introverted 44 Intuitive 62 Thinking 62 Judging 44

You are:

* moderately expressed introvert
    * distinctively expressed intuitive personality
    * distinctively expressed thinking personality
    * moderately expressed judging personality

Other INTJs:

Isaac Newton, Niels Bohr, C. G. Jung, Michel de Montaigne, Michel Nostradamus, Ada Lovelace
    The minstrel boy to the war is gone,
    In the ranks of death ye will find him;
    His father's sword he hath girded on,
    And his wild harp slung behind him;
    "Land of Song!" said the warrior bard,
    "Tho' all the world betray thee,
    One sword, at least, thy rights shall guard,
    One faithful harp shall praise thee!

Blog Entries
    Yep, I knew that Simon Peter and I had a lot in common, both of us are ESTJ's. I knew exactly how he felt when he lopped off that ear in the garden.
    2 Corinthians 13:14

hmmm... I sort of self-identify with the Biblical Ahimelech, who strikes me as a kind of WWJD sort of fellow.

Blog Entries
    Grit, that is a very good initial base. Blessings!
    2 Corinthians 13:14

Blog Entries
    Well it seems that I'm INFJ.

My score was:
    Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
    22 62 50 44

No biblical characters, but it seems I'm similar to Immanual Kant, William Shakespeare, Ludwig Beethoven, Pearl Buck, Arthur C. Clark

My best friends say I'm very much like the Apostle Paul.

This is interesting. In real life I can hardly find someone who is an INTJ or INTP. But it seems as though on the Internet that's where they all are. For that matter, it looks like it's where all the Introverts hang out. And the occasional Extravert.

Blog Entries
    I am ISFP.

• very expressed introvert
    • distinctively expressed sensing personality
    • moderately expressed feeling personality
    • slightly expressed perceiving personality

Hm.. Didn't see any Biblical characters on my list. I did see Marilyn Monroe, Donald Trump and Britney Spears! O_o

Speak the truth in love. The truth without love is brutality.

An apology is the best way to have the last word!

Thread Information