cure-real
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Can satan read our minds?

Blog Entries

Can satan read our minds?

When we rebuke Satan, is it necessary to do it out loud, or can we simply think it?

I know it has been said that Satan cannot read our minds, but there have been times when my mind has been so bombarded with wicked thoughts, and I have rebuked Satan in the name of Jesus Christ in my mind, and the thoughts have gone away.

Does this simply mean that it was all in my mind, and it wasn't really the enemy coming against me, or could Satan really read my thoughts? This kind of thing makes me think that perhaps he can read my thoughts, but then again, I could just be imagining things.

What do you believe was going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Welder4Christ View Post
    Does this simply mean that it was all in my mind, and it wasn't really the enemy coming against me, or could Satan really read my thoughts?

Personally, I would hope it's the latter. I know I've been bombarded with evil thoughts a time or two, that just came out of nowhere, in which I refused to dwell on them. I would hate to think those thoughts originated from within my own mind. If the enemy planted them there, then I don't feel responsible for them, as long as I don't entertain them, and as long as I rebuke them in the name of Jesus. But if one purposely fantasizes evil things, and entertains those thoughts, that would probably be another story. That still doesn't have to mean the enemy didn't put them there in the first place tho. I'm not sure how some conclude the enemy can't read our minds, or get into our thoughts. Does the Bible say the enemy can't do this?

Blog Entries
    Most Christians I've talked to believe that Satan cannot read our minds, althoug he can implant thoughts. That's just it, though -- if Satan couldn't read my mind, how would he know if I'm rebuking him in Jesus' name, which leads to the conclusion, why would the thoughts cease?

Blog Entries
    Well, I'm far from an expert in this area but here is what I think based on what I've learned so far:

1. Satan/demons can not read our thoughts but they can influence our thoughts or try to place thoughts in our minds -- but we can reject those thoughts.
    2. When rebuking Satan/demons we must speak the words outloud. Besides the fact that he can't read our minds -- it is much more intimidating to him and builds our spirit up!

Most Christians I've talked to believe that Satan cannot read our minds, althoug he can implant thoughts. That's just it, though -- if Satan couldn't read my mind, how would he know if I'm rebuking him in Jesus' name, which leads to the conclusion, why would the thoughts cease?

As far as rebuking the enemy not out loud, I believe it's possible. But I always rebuke the enemy out load myself. The reason I believe it's possible, is because the enemy has attacked me in dreams before. Somehow, even in a dream state, I'm able to rebuke them in the name of Jesus, and when I do, I usually wake up on the spot. Fortunately the enemy doesn't attack me in my dreams on a constant basis. But when the enemy has in the past, somehow, I know to speak the name of Jesus against them, and it usually puts an end to the attack.

Blog Entries
    When we rebuke Satan, is it necessary to do it out loud, or can we simply think it?

I know it has been said that Satan cannot read our minds, but there have been times when my mind has been so bombarded with wicked thoughts, and I have rebuked Satan in the name of Jesus Christ in my mind, and the thoughts have gone away.

Does this simply mean that it was all in my mind, and it wasn't really the enemy coming against me, or could Satan really read my thoughts? This kind of thing makes me think that perhaps he can read my thoughts, but then again, I could just be imagining things.

I don't rebuke Satan anymore. I say, The Lord rebuke you. I figure if the Archangel Michael didn't take it upon himself to do it, neither will I. One time I rebuked Satan and few minutes later I shot a nail through my hand. I was nailing a door and my air hose got caught. Coincidence???

We shouldn't be the ones rebuking Satan. That's God's position:

Jude 9: But when the archangel Michael, contending with the devil, was disputing about the body of Moses, he did not presume to pronounce a blasphemous judgment, but said, "The Lord rebuke you."

Quote Originally Posted by markedward View Post

Jude 9: But when the archangel Michael, contending with the devil, was disputing about the body of Moses, he did not presume to pronounce a blasphemous judgment, but said, "The Lord rebuke you."

If Michael rebuked satan in the name of the Lord, and if we rebuke satan in the name of Jesus, then exactly what is the difference?

Example 1: I rebuke you satan.
    Example 2: I rebuke you satan, in the name of Jesus.

Wouldn't example 2 be pretty much the same thing archangel Michael did?

No.

Example 1: "I rebuke you."
    Example 2: "I rebuke you in Jesus' name."
    Scriptural: "The Lord rebuke you."

Your examples place the position of rebuking in one's self ("I rebuke..."), while Scripture has the position of rebuking in God alone ("The Lord rebuke..."). I think if one's intent is the latter (emphasis on God) even if they say the former (emphasis on the self), then God will do what he will do. But if a person is knowingly putting the authority to rebuke Satan in their own self and leaving God out of the 'equation', I'd call that a form of pride.

christian have aurithoy to rebuke Satan in jesus name. ever christians have greater aurithy then angels on these things.

It can be done in either way in jesus name by holy spirit. we have holy spirit the fullness of promise. that angels desired.

God expected that of you, understanding the fullness of promise and BELIEVE IT aurithy by Christ.

we said them in Jesus name so I rebuke you in Jesus name or The Lord rebuke you in his name? doesnt sound quite right
    the importnace of using "in his name" we got that power fullness of promise.

just saying while i mean may sound prideful for some, that one might say i rebuke you in Jesus name. dont be afriad and as hard it can be, believe that God want you to have that aurithy to do so in full liberty of holy spirit.

dont go negtive on what God think of you. Holy Spirit know the best and do expect you use Him by your heart you the willing inworking vessul, have rights to say I ! wonderful of God, no worries or no suspect or no fear what if it sound prideful what if this and that. honestly! that just the worldly issues.
    God dont have a issue with you to say I rebuke u in jesus name, using power to blind or loose satan by Holy Spirit all because of your heart.

how so fair and gracious is God to understand that and share His power with us, we by using jesus name.

THAT LOVE.

Gillian

No.

Example 1: "I rebuke you."
    Example 2: "I rebuke you in Jesus' name."
    Scriptural: "The Lord rebuke you."

Your examples place the position of rebuking in one's self ("I rebuke..."), while Scripture has the position of rebuking in God alone ("The Lord rebuke..."). I think if one's intent is the latter (emphasis on God) even if they say the former (emphasis on the self), then God will do what he will do. But if a person is knowingly putting the authority to rebuke Satan in their own self and leaving God out of the 'equation', I'd call that a form of pride.
    In that case, I guess I must also be prideful in my sleep. All I know is, that name works even when I'm being attacked in my dreams/sleep state. Pride has nothing to do with fighting the enemy in Jesus' name, at least not in my case. Not one time have I ever felt prideful because I rebuked the attacks of satan in my mind, thru the name of Jesus. I'm all alone when this has happened. So why would I feel the need to be prideful? If I thought I had the power to rebuke the enemy of my own accord, then why do I even need to do it in the name of Jesus? My guess would be, because there's power in that name.

Blog Entries

I think the best way to stop thinking about pink elephants is to think about Kansas City. (just kidding.) The best rebuke of Satan is to do the right thing, even when it gets hard.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Butch5 View Post
    I don't rebuke Satan anymore. I say, The Lord rebuke you. I figure if the Archangel Michael didn't take it upon himself to do it, neither will I. One time I rebuked Satan and few minutes later I shot a nail through my hand. I was nailing a door and my air hose got caught. Coincidence???
    Tht's a good point. I do that, as well, but I guess sometimes I rebuke Satan directly in the name of Jesus, because that's what people did when I was growing up, and I guess that's what I'm used to.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BroRog View Post
    I think the best way to stop thinking about pink elephants is to think about Kansas City. (just kidding.) The best rebuke of Satan is to do the right thing, even when it gets hard.
    I'm not sure I follow you. Then what you're saying is that it is purely psychological?

I don't belive that. I do believe there is some spiritual element to all of this. I have had utterly blasphemous thoughts just pop into my mind at times, and in my own power, I was unable to let them go. If those were my thoughts, this would not have been an impossibility. Seriously -- it gets so bad sometimes that I just want to bang my head against a wall, or think I'm losing my mind.

I do believe that it is spiritual warfare. The thoughts literally grieve me. I can't simply think about something else. Perhaps I am misinterpreting what you are saying, but I am talking about wicked thoughts that are most definitely of Satan.

Anyhow, back to my question. It just doesn't make sense, if Satan cannot read my mind, that rebuking him in the name of Jesus mentally instead of verbally would work -- unless this whole thing is simply in my mind, and it was not Satan in the first place.

Truthfully, whenever I try to say the words out loud, I get very hesitant. It's like I have more boldness when I am thinking it than when I am saying it. Its as though I get very hesitant. What am I to make of this?

Matthew 13:25
    But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way

That verse is the key to answering your question. Because that is exactly what the devil does.
    He sows seeds and goes his way. But remember, though he sowed the thoughts. He is not the thoughts. The thoughts are his seeds, so all you did was take authority over his seeds. Not him!

You weren't speaking to the devil, you were doing second corinthians 10:5.

2 Corinthians 10:5
    Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

That was all you were doing, you weren't actually rebuking the devil

Chris,
    God Bless
    We are his body, We are his representative, We are the extension of God to the earth. Every action should be a extension of God's love.

Thread Information