cure-real
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Can satan read our minds?

I really don't understand all the fuss about this topic. If we do rebuke Satan does that now mean we made a boo boo and he's going to get us now? Should we now tremble in fear with the thought that big bad Satan is going to bring all sorts of bad stuff against us now?

Uh . . . no.
    "What you do does not define who you are; it's who you are that defines what you do."

-- Dr. Neil T. Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by VerticalReality View Post
    I really don't understand all the fuss about this topic. If we do rebuke Satan does that now mean we made a boo boo and he's going to get us now? Should we now tremble in fear with the thought that big bad Satan is going to bring all sorts of bad stuff against us now?

Uh . . . no.
    Last time i heard and i don't know if those people on the thread have read this. But Jesus said:
    Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over ALLLLLLLLLL the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
    (Luke 10:19)

Keyword: I GIVE UNTO YOU
    We are his body, We are his representative, We are the extension of God to the earth. Every action should be a extension of God's love.

I think we spend way too much time being concerned about Satan and and "me" than we do spending time thinking about Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Welder4Christ View Post
    I'm not sure I follow you. Then what you're saying is that it is purely psychological?

I don't belive that. I do believe there is some spiritual element to all of this. I have had utterly blasphemous thoughts just pop into my mind at times, and in my own power, I was unable to let them go. If those were my thoughts, this would not have been an impossibility. Seriously -- it gets so bad sometimes that I just want to bang my head against a wall, or think I'm losing my mind.

I do believe that it is spiritual warfare. The thoughts literally grieve me. I can't simply think about something else. Perhaps I am misinterpreting what you are saying, but I am talking about wicked thoughts that are most definitely of Satan.

Anyhow, back to my question. It just doesn't make sense, if Satan cannot read my mind, that rebuking him in the name of Jesus mentally instead of verbally would work -- unless this whole thing is simply in my mind, and it was not Satan in the first place.

Truthfully, whenever I try to say the words out loud, I get very hesitant. It's like I have more boldness when I am thinking it than when I am saying it. Its as though I get very hesitant. What am I to make of this?
    exalty that human limited, negtive, shynes, timity, it nature for people or human mind to get suspect, not quite trust, not beliving, hesitant etc hard on yourself, earning work, paid your own sins, God really love me with question mark, doubtful. that hesitant is not of God. what more pleasing to God then boldness in belief of faith, without a doubt, a belief a expection a hope in all He promise.

so same for never mind sounding prideful or fearful of people what they think! Holy Spirit know better. you should have no worries or in a doubt. just say it without hesitant. be bold and fearless. what the worse, that you g et embrassed? so what, get over it and life go on.
    full in Godly prespective do make the rest i mention about trivil everyday issues make it all fall away naturelly, and you simple wont hesitant.

I understand we all have that struggle that of human nature. hard isnt it. just keep practing walking with God watering that plant of your.

to say it in mind is fine or aloud if it about yourself, for sake over other person that gotta to be done either under murming breath, depending the measure of holy spirit in you, and aloud.

to be full in God is not aggorance (Holy Spirit know by your humitly ) God is all it matter to you not wordly things or other people in negtive worldy.

feeling shy? keep walking.

Gillian

Blog Entries
    Hi, everyone;

I appreciate all of your responses -- really I do -- but I believe that most of you have missed the real point of this topic, which is not to discuss whether rebuking Satan is correct or not, but whether Satan can read your thoughts. I am hoping that perhaps we can stay on topic with that angle of the discussion, because that is really what I was wanting to discuss....and even so, no one has really addressed my original question.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladers View Post
    Matthew 13:25
    But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way

That verse is the key to answering your question. Because that is exactly what the devil does.
    He sows seeds and goes his way. But remember, though he sowed the thoughts. He is not the thoughts. The thoughts are his seeds, so all you did was take authority over his seeds. Not him!

You weren't speaking to the devil, you were doing second corinthians 10:5.

2 Corinthians 10:5
    Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

That was all you were doing, you weren't actually rebuking the devil

Chris,
    God Bless
    Is that because Satan cannot read my thoughts? So, then, what was happening was psychological and not actually spiritual. That is what I've been trying to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    My guess would be, because there's power in that name.
    All I'm saying is, if there's a particular verbal "formula" to follow according to Scripture I would walk the safe side and place my faith in the example Scripture provides: "The Lord rebuke you", rather than, "I rebuke you".

Hi, everyone;

I appreciate all of your responses -- really I do -- but I believe that most of you have missed the real point of this topic, which is not to discuss whether rebuking Satan is correct or not, but whether Satan can read your thoughts. I am hoping that perhaps we can stay on topic with that angle of the discussion, because that is really what I was wanting to discuss....and even so, no one has really addressed my original question.

I dont belive that he read our thoughts. not that afar as God can. hard to diff that from the fact Satan around much longer and can see you on ur own see all you traits get know about you very well. more then we like propley more then our own family. such power of begin supernatural.

Satan certainly didnt foresee with Job while God can and know to place trust on Job to what he can handle, end up backfired on satan.

When we rebuke Satan, is it necessary to do it out loud, or can we simply think it?

I know it has been said that Satan cannot read our minds, but there have been times when my mind has been so bombarded with wicked thoughts, and I have rebuked Satan in the name of Jesus Christ in my mind, and the thoughts have gone away.

Does this simply mean that it was all in my mind, and it wasn't really the enemy coming against me, or could Satan really read my thoughts? This kind of thing makes me think that perhaps he can read my thoughts, but then again, I could just be imagining things.

What do you believe was going on here?
    Only God can read minds:

Ps 44:21 Shall not God search this out? for he knoweth the secrets of the heart.

1 Kings 8:39 Then hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place, and forgive, and do, and give to every man according to his ways, whose heart thou knowest; (for thou, even thou only, knowest the hearts of all the children of men

2 Chron 6:30 Then hear thou from heaven thy dwelling place, and forgive, and render unto every man according unto all his ways, whose heart thou knowest; (for thou only knowest the hearts of the children of men

There is only one satan and many demons.

Mk 14:38 Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak.

Gal 4:14 And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus.

Doctrine should be based on the word and not experience (Mat 22:24-28).

Shalom

Hi, everyone;

First off, I don't know where we get the idea that Satan is omnipresent. If he is in your town, or in your head, he isn't in my town or in my head. Just like us, he can only be at one place at a time. I don't know if Satan can read thoughts or put thoughts into our head, but I see no Biblical examples of this, and I have no reason to think this is going on. I don't think Satan works that way. The Bible says that Satan can transform himself into an angel of light, which leads me to believe that Satan can disguise himself. So he must be roaming around the earth in a disguise. And I think it is very rare that any of us come in direct contact with him. Rather, he probably uses mass media and propganda to get his message out. If he gets into your head, he gets into your head the same way I do, through normal channels, e.g. reading, music, speech, news broadcasts, etc.

There are all kinds of reasons folks have strange thoughts, from psychological to chemical. The most obnoxious thoughts are those which have emotion attached to them. If I were to guess, I would say that your "thoughts" are not actual ideas but word pictures associated with emotions. It's like when certain verses of a song make us feel emotional. Well, the association works both ways. Often times our current emotion will trigger a memory of the song. The verse of a song will trigger an emotions; and an emotion will trigger the memory of that line.

I don't know. Maybe you used to listen to heavy metal in the past or other songs that used blashemous language. If so, it could be that you have these verses burried in your memory that come out during emotional times. The best course of action is to realize that the emotion will pass and the thoughts will pass. Just observe them without reacting to them. Lack of a further emotional response will eventally allow the memory to die out. And keep your mind on things above and occupy your time with good music, good books, and good conversation with friends.

Finally, I repeat the words of Paul who said,
    Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by markedward View Post
    All I'm saying is, if there's a particular verbal "formula" to follow according to Scripture I would walk the safe side and place my faith in the example Scripture provides: "The Lord rebuke you", rather than, "I rebuke you".

I think where the possible misunderstanding is coming from, in my case, is that I'm talking about something very specific, and that I'm not generalizing.
    When I've rebuked the enemy in the name of Jesus, it was specifically related to evil thoughts that seemed to have come out of nowhere, and for no apparent reason but to torment. Other than that, I personally don't make it a habit of going around rebuking the enemy every place I go. All I know is, the enemy has bombarded my mind with ungodly thoughts before. Rebuking them in the name of Jesus usually put a stop to it right then and there. To be even clearer, I don't act arrogantly towards the enemy, as in daring them to mess with me or else. I get a feeling that some do this tho, but I'm not one who does. Other than the attacking thoughts, and the dreams, I can't really think of when else I ever rebuked the enemies attacks in the name of Jesus.

I prefer to follow James' teaching, found in chapter 4, verse 7: Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Why bother with a rebuke when submitting to God and resisting the adversary causes him to run away?

Personally, if confronted with an attack from the enemy, I'd rather spend my words on prayer to the One in control, than the one who wants (but will never have) control.

FWIW...
    θεοφιλε

Blog Entries
    Hi, everyone;

As to whether Satan can read your thoughts: No. Sometimes. Maybe. It depends.

1. Unlike the Holy Spirit, Satan is not omnipresent...he can not be everywhere at once.
    2. In order for Satan or one of his demons to hear your thoughts, they have to be resident within you...which is possible under certain circumstances.
    3. Satan/Demons not resident inside you, can not hear/know your thoughts.

Recently, my mentor in the deliverance ministry was advising me on how she was going to approach someone we suspected of being oppressed with indwelling demons. She strongly advised me not to speak outloud anything further about what we were going to do--she didn't want to give the demons a "heads-up" to the plan--that I was just to watch her and have her back. So, that is why I say that if you wish to communicate with the demons/Satan, you must speak it outloud. Oh, and in the Cleansing Streams program they also teach us to speak outloud when breaking footholds/strongholds or binding the spirits of this world.

This is an area where you are likely to get different opinions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    In that case, I guess I must also be prideful in my sleep. All I know is, that name works even when I'm being attacked in my dreams/sleep state. Pride has nothing to do with fighting the enemy in Jesus' name, at least not in my case. Not one time have I ever felt prideful because I rebuked the attacks of satan in my mind, thru the name of Jesus. I'm all alone when this has happened. So why would I feel the need to be prideful? If I thought I had the power to rebuke the enemy of my own accord, then why do I even need to do it in the name of Jesus? My guess would be, because there's power in that name.
    I think you are right. I rebuke in the Name of Jesus too and it works. Its the power in His Name and our faith in Him that causes demons to flee.

Luke 10:
    19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
    20: Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Blog Entries
    Actually, I can't think of a Scripture that conclusively tells us whether or not satan or demons can read our minds. And so I think the answer to that is speculative. However, if you know of one, let me know.

God can and does read our minds though, and our thoughts before we even think them. If that's not power, then I don't know what is.

Besides, Scripture tells us to bring our thoughts captive to the obedience of Christ, so if we do that, then the enemy will always run into the power of God and be dealt with accordingly anyway.

I've personally found that it's not words he heeds, but authority. God's authority. Jesus cast out demons with a word. One. Word. That's it. No lectures needed.

I've rebuked the enemy out loud but honestly, the most failsafe way I know to be rid of him is submission to God and repentance.

Thread Information