cure-real

Thread: Study Bible: why no Red Letter for NASB or ESV?

Study Bible: why no Red Letter for NASB or ESV?

Other than the Ryrie NASB, why isn't there a Red Letter Edition of the NASB or ESV Study Bibles?

Maybe I'm the only one, but I prefer the words of Christ in red. Unfortunately I'm having a hard time finding a quality study Bible in the translation I want (NASB or ESV) with red lettering.

TripleB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
    Other than the Ryrie NASB, why isn't there a Red Letter Edition of the NASB or ESV Study Bibles?

Maybe I'm the only one, but I prefer the words of Christ in red. Unfortunately I'm having a hard time finding a quality study Bible in the translation I want (NASB or ESV) with red lettering.

TripleB
    I use this one

http://www.christianbook.com/esv-cla...47050/pd/47057
    Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

I don't have mine on hand (we're visiting the in-laws this weekend), but I'm pretty sure mine is Red Lettered.

My NASB is red lettered.

all the best...

I'm taking a stab in the dark here - but I would guess that they believe every word is the word of Jesus, not just the spoken ones.

It's a guess.
    V

Quote Originally Posted by Vhayes View Post
    I'm taking a stab in the dark here - but I would guess that they believe every word is the word of Jesus, not just the spoken ones.

It's a guess.
    V
    That's the main point: All of the Bible is divinely inspired and authoritative, not just the direct Jesus quotes. For that reason, and because most Bible publishers botch the red lettering, making it a hard to read pink rather than a dark high contrast red, I prefer black letter editions.
    Man's ego is inflated, his laws are outdated, they don't apply no more
    You can't rely no more to be standing around waiting
    In the home of the brave, Jefferson turning over in his grave
    Fools glorifying themselves, trying to manipulate Satan
    And there's a slow, slow train coming up around the bend.

Re: Study Bible: why no Red Letter for NASB or ESV?

Why no red letter editions? My thoughts are that red letter is more costly to print. Study Bibles are probably already costly enough so they cut out the red letter. I prefer red letter editions but the Bible I use (Nasb wide margin) does not come in red letter. It's a minor point for me.

As I understand it concerning the NASB, the purpose is to allow the reader to fully interpret the Scriptures. This includes being able to determine which words are spoken by whom. It's simply a matter of not wanting to influence you to believe something while you are studying.

Blog Entries

I love my ESV. But red letters is kind of cool. While all Scripture is divinely inspired, sometimes I like the actual voice of my Master to stand out from the inspired. I know in reality the authority of the inspired is from God...but still maybe it's the identity thing.

I wonder if anyone has considered to red letter the Kol of God in the OT.....???

If GOD spoke and men spoke I would want it separated by a difference in color like red, when Jesus spoke it was as if GOD himself was speaking, ya think???
    If Satan can keep us busy swinging our swords at one another, there is no hope of a united attack on the kingdom of darkness. KJV, NIV, ESV or ABCDEFG; there is no time to bicker over such things. We'll devour each other if allowed to continue. We should grab the marching orders written in the way we best understand and get to work.

Andrew_no_one

Thread Information