cure-real
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silence about sin means you condone it...

Silence about sin means you condone it...

What verse is that?

TIA!
    Tami (always learning, continually growing, constantly seeking)

Revelation 19:13 "And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God."

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyChristian View Post
    What verse is that?

TIA!
    Application can be drawn from James 4:17 and or James 1:22

For the cause of Christ
    Roger

Those are good, but not the one I'm looking for (if it even exists. ) My friend thinks she's seen one that says that if you do not confront someones sin, you will actually be judged the same as them for that sin. I can't find it anywhere.

Revelation 19:13 "And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God."

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries
    What verse is that?

TIA!
    Romans 1:32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

Silence against sin is usually the number one method of approval.

Homosexuality is one of the sins of this scripture when read in context. So all those who are "FOR" same gender union and/or are neutral... are just as guilty as those who actually do this sin whether they themselves are in this sin or not. There are churches that actually accept this sin and even place pastors who are in this sin, on the pulpit... all in those congregations, due to their acceptance and/or silence are deserving of death and will receive this upon their judgement by Jesus.
    Slug1--out

~Limitations in a Christian’s life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

In the slave pits of manmade Christianity, setting the captives free.
    I don't have a clue as to what "silence against sin" means. In what context?

Does this mean I should put a "Liars will be fryers" sign on my car?

Meaning, if you don't call someone out on their sin. I think this is the one that I think she was talking about...

Ezekiel 3:18-19

When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries
    Meaning, if you don't call someone out on their sin. I think this is the one that I think she was talking about...

Ezekiel 3:18-19

When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.
    If you go OT then either of the Watchman scriptures (Eze 3 and/or 33) fit your OP... if we warn and they still choose to sin, it's on them. If we don't warn them of sin then your blood is held upon their iniquity.
    Slug1--out

~Limitations in a Christian’s life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

If we called everyone out on their sin, the whole world would hate us. Oh wait, don't they already? LOL!
    "To live is Christ..." - Philippians 1:21

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainM View Post
    If we called everyone out on their sin, the whole world would hate us. Oh wait, don't they already? LOL!
    A Christian is not supposed to call people out on their sin unless they are a professing Christian. Those who are unbelievers are not our responsibility to judge. God will handle them. Christians, on the other hand, are called to judge righteously, and we are to correct other believers as long as we don't have a plank in our own eye (There is a biblical way to correct, also).
    "What you do does not define who you are; it's who you are that defines what you do."

-- Dr. Neil T. Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by VerticalReality View Post
    A Christian is not supposed to call people out on their sin unless they are a professing Christian. Those who are unbelievers are not our responsibility to judge. God will handle them. Christians, on the other hand, are called to judge righteously, and we are to correct other believers as long as we don't have a plank in our own eye (There is a biblical way to correct, also).
    Ding, ding, ding!!! We have a winner!

There ya go!
    Now for the bonus round.... where in scripture do we find this? (I cant recall at the moment though i just read it)
    Quote Originally Posted by Job 34:19
    God is not partial to princes and does not favor the rich over the poor, for they are all the work of His hands.

I Corinthians 5
    9 - I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people;

10 - I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world.

11 - But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler--not even to eat with such a one.

12 - For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church?

13 - But those who are outside, God judges. REMOVE THE WICKED MAN FROM AMONG YOURSELVES.

Now i feel daft! Considering how many times i have read that book!

Thanks and reps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Job 34:19
    God is not partial to princes and does not favor the rich over the poor, for they are all the work of His hands.

I should've clarified that as well. It is about confronting a believer about their sin.

Blog Entries
    Those are good, but not the one I'm looking for (if it even exists. ) My friend thinks she's seen one that says that if you do not confront someones sin, you will actually be judged the same as them for that sin. I can't find it anywhere.
    I think she's got that one confused with this:

Romans 2
    God’s Righteous Judgment
    1 Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things. 2 But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth against those who practice such things. 3 And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? 5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who “will render to each one according to his deeds”: 7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; 8 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, 9 tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek; 10 but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 11 For there is no partiality with God.

This is more fully understand if you read the previous chapter before it...those that harshly judge other need to read this.

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Thread Information