cure-real

Thread: Bible coloring app on itunes store

Bible coloring app on itunes store

Hi,
    I work for a small Scottish games developer, developing for the iPhone and iPod Touch. I’m not a Christian myself, but I was well aware of the lack of decent religious based content on the App store. So we decided to test the waters with a small Bible themed app.
    Paint it Bible is essentially a cool little coloring in app for iPhone and iPod Touch.
    Once you get the hang of it you can create some nice Bible themed wallpapers for your iPhone. It may even keep the kids quiet for an hour or so

It may, or may not, be of interest to you.

* link removed by moderator *

If this app has legs, we’ll be able to support it with future updates.

Sales pitch over Thanks for listening!
    Last edited by tango; Jun 4th 2010 at 04:38 PM. Reason: removed link

Welcome to Bible Forum Will! Do you mind me asking about why you are not a Christian? If you have any questions, there are many people on this board who'd be happy to answer them for you and we certainly love talking about Jesus around here!
    Psalm 19:14
    May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
    be pleasing in your sight,
    O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Hi andrew_no_one, and thanks for the welcome!
    I'm a Humanist, hence not a Christian.
    I am however a cultural Christian, as so many in the west are, and I'm fascinated by how Christianity is portrayed metaphorically and literally through various artistic mediums.

Quote Originally Posted by Will_Stryker_UK View Post
    Hi andrew_no_one, and thanks for the welcome!
    I'm a Humanist, hence not a Christian.
    I am however a cultural Christian, as so many in the west are, and I'm fascinated by how Christianity is portrayed metaphorically and literally through various artistic mediums.
    Interesting. Can you explain more about humanism and cultural Christianity? Truthfully, I'm not very familiar with either.

Hi again,
    Iíll give you a brief answer as to what Humanism and Cultural Christianity are for me.

There are a few different kinds of Humanist, just as there are Christian.
    I am a Secular Humanist, which means I do not believe in the supernatural. Part of the human condition is to ask questions and seek answers; I believe those answers exist in the natural world and not in a supernatural one. Most Humanists are agnostic or atheist in their outlook, I myself am an atheist.

A Cultural Christian is a non religious person who has been brought up with a Christian background but does not necessarily believe in the religious/supernatural claims of Christianity. I have an affinity for certain pieces of art, movies, writing etc that are Christian in nature but they donít hold any spiritual meaning for me above and beyond their aesthetic, intellectual and emotional appeal. Likewise, I can appreciate the poetry inherent in the King James translation of the Bible without being a believer.

I hope those descriptions are succinct enough for you. Thanks for showing an interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Will_Stryker_UK View Post
    Hi again,
    I’ll give you a brief answer as to what Humanism and Cultural Christianity are for me.

There are a few different kinds of Humanist, just as there are Christian.
    I am a Secular Humanist, which means I do not believe in the supernatural. Part of the human condition is to ask questions and seek answers; I believe those answers exist in the natural world and not in a supernatural one. Most Humanists are agnostic or atheist in their outlook, I myself am an atheist.

A Cultural Christian is a non religious person who has been brought up with a Christian background but does not necessarily believe in the religious/supernatural claims of Christianity. I have an affinity for certain pieces of art, movies, writing etc that are Christian in nature but they don’t hold any spiritual meaning for me above and beyond their aesthetic, intellectual and emotional appeal. Likewise, I can appreciate the poetry inherent in the King James translation of the Bible without being a believer.

I hope those descriptions are succinct enough for you. Thanks for showing an interest.
    As an atheist, are you offended if people pray concerning you (i.e. the success of your business, that God makes Himself known to you, etcetera)?

Blog Entries
    Moving this into Christians Answer so we can discuss beliefs etc.

Will, do you mind me asking why you don't believe in the supernatural?
    24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
    I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
    I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
    1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Thread Information