cure-real

Thread: Anyone know anything about Derek Prince? I am reading one of his books

Blog Entries

Anyone know anything about Derek Prince? I am reading one of his books

I am just curious. Since Nate is gone on vacation with my mom and her husband...there is no one around for me to bug so I was looking in my book case for something to read. Its called 'Blessing or Curse, you can choose.'

So I am just curious about this Pastor...I did find this video on youtube with him speaking. Very different from the normal doom and gloom for America but still a warning there. The video was posted in '08 but apparently he was passed away by then and its actual taping is much older (I kind of wondered because of the hair styles of the church members...looked very outdated).

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Blog Entries
    I was going to post, and then I realized what I knew was about 'Joseph' Prince on TBN....so now I am thrown for a loop.
    God happens!
    'I Can Only Imagine'

Bless the Beasts and the Children:
    http://youtu.be/AhR36gV6vW4

On cautionary note:
    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectPeter
    When they say something... it is about anyone's guess what it is they really mean... but NEVER ask for clarification of their mysterious language... they are often very happy to give it and that's when the discussion goes FREAKY!

Derek is one of the great preachers AND AUTHORS of our time. He died of old age basicaly. In most regards a hugley respected man in many, many countries. I don't go for his teaching 100% on Israel, but so what, the rest is all good, MHO.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by slightlypuzzled View Post
    I was going to post, and then I realized what I knew was about 'Joseph' Prince on TBN....so now I am thrown for a loop.
    Oh well..thanks for trying.

inn

Derek is one of the great preachers AND AUTHORS of our time. He died of old age basicaly. In most regards a hugley respected man in many, many countries. I don't go for his teaching 100% on Israel, but so what, the rest is all good, MHO.
    Thanks! I am learning alot about curses and blessings in the bible..its alot to take in though.

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

I don't know much about him, but am interested to hear what others have to say and to hear more about your book. Would you recommend it?
    Psalm 19:14
    May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
    be pleasing in your sight,
    O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Quote Originally Posted by moonglow View Post
    Oh well..thanks for trying.

Thanks! I am learning alot about curses and blessings in the bible..its alot to take in though.

God bless
    Are you listening to Derek? Great to hear, blessing and curses is an interesting topic.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew_no_one View Post
    I don't know much about him, but am interested to hear what others have to say and to hear more about your book. Would you recommend it?
    You know I think I would. Its very 'meaty' though. Very indepth study on blessing and curses. It goes way past the being cursed to the third of fourth generation thing that is usually discussed on this forum..way past that. Here is a for instance..this verse is in the book:

Deuteronomy 7
    25 You shall burn the carved images of their gods with fire; you shall not covet the silver or gold that is on them, nor take it for yourselves, lest you be snared by it; for it is an abomination to the LORD your God. 26 Nor shall you bring an abomination into your house, lest you be doomed to destruction like it. You shall utterly detest it and utterly abhor it, for it is an accursed thing.

Now normally when we read this, in content its talking about the Jews being moved into pagan lands and God's warnings against their pagan idols and we think oh that was way back then when the pagans made little idols of their gods...but he goes on to talk about the occult here and now in our times and their idols. He gives a very long list of what are occult idols now...and practices too. Some of this stuff I have no idea what it is. But anyway he says having any occult items in our homes can bring this curse upon us. He gives the example of his dad that was in a war and brought back a painting of some Chinese fighting dragons that he hung in his living room. He was 'stuck' in his life in not progressing financial or in his ministry and in several other areas...just stuck and unable to process...something I can really relate too.

So one day he got to really checking into the history of this painting and discovered the Chinese worship these dragons as a god...so he made the decision to destroy it and after he did as he says, he was released from this curse and things began to change for him...he was able to receive God's blessings and his ministry started growing and other areas he had been stuck in he was finally able to move forward in.

Now this all really hit home for me because when I was younger I was very much into fantasy and horror movies and books...and many of those are occult based. Now years ago I 'cleaned my house'...meaning I got rid of these things and any New Age type of items..music or books, etc. But I overlooked one thing. A novel I wrote years ago that was based on very New Age type of idea the included crystals and meditation to have out of body experience and so forth. So I am the process of destroying my many copies of that. They have been stashed away in the basement for years. I wasn't trying to endorse doing these things, I knew the dangers of doing them and the idea of the book was to show that danger, but it was also a work of fiction and well..it just wasn't the right thing to do. I realize that now. And since its a work I did myself, I feel I have to destroy it where as the other things I had, I just put in the dumpster. We can't burn anything in town or I would be burning this.

He gives real life examples too of how not just things can affected us...cursed items but our speech and actions too. Also the talks about how health problems...ongoing or seemingly passed from generation to generation can be caused by one of these curses too.

I know to some this may sound pretty far fetched but he backs it up with scripture and gives a wonderful example too about how God takes curses very seriously...whether we do or not. The example is Balaam who was sent out to speak curses on the Israelites but God made him speak blessing instead. As he says, if God wasn't concerned or didn't take this seriously then why intervene like He did? Here is a link to the passage on that:http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...0&version=NKJV

He also gives an example of a young man that had visited a fortune teller when he was 15 and while he did it as a joke, it was keeping him from receiving the full blessings of God until he renounced it and confessed it as a sin. That is just a couple of examples from the book.

inn

Are you listening to Derek? Great to hear, blessing and curses is an interesting topic.
    No, this is a book. I just looked him up on youtube to get an idea about him...check him out, so to speak...in this day and age there are so many false teachers out there, I just don't want to be lead into false teaching. I just wish I had more time to sit and read! Yesterday I was at my mom's taking care of her cats and yard and all and I put the hose out to water a flower bed out front, went back in to read a bit and totally forgot about it! I flooded her flowerbed... I guess I lost track of time reading his book..lol. I just hope the flowers will be ok...

God bless

Re: Anyone know anything about Derek Prince? I am reading one of his books

Derek Prince is probably the greatest bible teacher I have ever encountered anywhere. I grew up the grandson of a revered bible scholar thinking that I knew what it was to be a Christian until I came upon one of Derek Prince's Sermons. I soon realized that I actually knew nothing and understood even less. I ordered and listened to his entire foundation series and my life has never been the same. I used to live my life a slave to my flesh with an unquenchable thirst, in an abyss of pride, confusion, want, depression, cowardice, fear, anger, lust and misery. I now live in a relationship with the living God, freed from the chains of slavery, quenched in an abundance of God's love, certainty, grace, joy, peace and confidence in his good news. I have become fearless in the face of uncertainty, able to face storms standing on the word, the living Christ. Praise Jesus for Derek Prince. I read his books, listen to his daily podcasts and have shared his ministry with anyone who will listen. Everyone around me who has listened to his work has come to know the living God. I would recommend to anyone who wants to experience the joy of serving God the way He intended to check out Derek Prince. His website is www.derekprince.org

Blog Entries

Derek Prince was one of the proponents of the discipleship movement in Ft. Lauderdale back in the 70s . My mentor was one of his disciples and was very close to him.He came against the movement because they had all of the disciples serving them,washing their cars,cleaning their houses and such. My mentor had the position that the leaders are there to serve the sheep,not the other way around. It grew into a big ruckus and Bob Munford(another disciple of Prince's)had the whole city of Ft Lauderdale mark my mentor as a rebel. Not long after,Pat Robertson and Kathyrn Kuhlman both came against the movement and denounced Bob Munford as a rebel/heretic. Derek Prince renounced the movement and accepted my mentor back in fellowship. I have listened to alot of Derek's stuff but he is bit dry for my taste. He has some good stuff and plenty of revelation though.

You know Moonglow,something in your post has struck me and I have a question.I have destroyed all of my sci-fi/horror books and movies. However, I have a USB drive that contains thousands of books on philosophy,science and some on the occult.It also contains hundreds of movies in digital format as well as my old music collection.I keep the stuff,I guess for nostalgia,but maybe there is some kind of "soul tie" or morbid fascination with the stuff. I wonder if I should delete the entire thing or sift through the stuff and delete anything with occult origins. I am feeling a bit pricked in my conscience.

Blessings

and Popcorn

Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying,Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

I've read one of his books a couple of years back, although the title escapes my mind at the moment. I'll get that later. I enjoyed it.

Thread Information