cure-real
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 156

Thread: How many Temples will there be?

  1. #136

    Quite simply...

    Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    The Hindus could build another temple. The buddhists, The Mayans. Anybody could build a temple. What has that got to do with God? God has a temple. It is made without hands with Christ as its cornerstone. It is made of living stones which are the saints. God has a chosen and Holy nation of His own possession. It is the church.

    all the best...
    ...If God expects to hold a people to the standard of The Law, then, all the appendages of that agreement must be met.

    One of those appendages is The Temple.
    PROV 21:3 To do righteousness and justice Is more acceptable to Jehovah than sacrifice.-American Standard Version 1901

    MT 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.


    As opposed to the bad man that does nothing?

    AMOS 6:3 Ye that put far away the evil day, and cause the seat of violence to come near;

    GAL 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,918
    Blog Entries
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    ...When you say that this has happened already, yes.

    But, now, I ask you, does God change?

    And will He ignore the abuse of His Law with people that claim to follow His Law?

    I say that a people that claims to believe in The Law Of Moses will be held to that high standard.

    ROM 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
    ROM 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.


    I don't, however, see anything that says Jews will never be allowed to build another temple, but I do understand that there is not a need because of Christ.
    Thanks Dan,

    The notion in bold from your post above contains a misunderstanding. Specifically, only YHWH initiates the construction of earthly "brick-and-mortar" temples/tabernacles--not the Jews (or anybody else). And how does He do that?

    Well, He does it through providing a "thus saith the Lord" Prophetic POWER Word to His people to "rise up and Build YHWH's Temple" and so on.

    Period.

    And besides all of this, the Lord Jesus came to do the Will of God at His first advent--as indicated here:

    Heb. 10
    5 Therefore, when He comes into the world, He says,
    “SACRIFICE AND OFFERING YOU HAVE NOT DESIRED,
    BUT A BODY YOU HAVE PREPARED FOR ME;
    6 IN WHOLE BURNT OFFERINGS AND sacrifices FOR SIN YOU HAVE TAKEN NO PLEASURE.
    7 “THEN I SAID, ‘BEHOLD, I HAVE COME
    (IN THE SCROLL OF THE BOOK IT IS WRITTEN OF ME)
    TO DO YOUR WILL, O GOD.’”

    8 After saying above, “SACRIFICES AND OFFERINGS AND WHOLE BURNT OFFERINGS AND sacrifices FOR SIN YOU HAVE NOT DESIRED, NOR HAVE YOU TAKEN PLEASURE in them” (which are offered according to the Law),
    9 then He said, “BEHOLD, I HAVE COME TO DO YOUR WILL.” He takes away the first in order to establish the second.

    10 By this will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
    And the "first" is the law of Moses--as taught here:
    Heb. 10
    1 For the Law, since it has only a shadow of the good things to come and not the very form of things, can never, by the same sacrifices which they offer continually year by year, make perfect those who draw near.
    2 Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered, because the worshipers, having once been cleansed, would no longer have had consciousness of sins?
    3 But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins year by year.
    4 For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.
    The establishment of the "second," then, is the accomplishment of the will of God--by Christ Jesus. And Jesus got the Will of God done, indeed: He established the New Covenant in His own Blood.

    Therefore, if the "first" is not done away with, then the
    "second" is not established, neither is Christ sitting at the right hand of the Father today. Additionally, Heb. 10:12-14 and 10:18 would not be true:

    Heb. 10
    11 Every priest stands daily ministering and offering time after time the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins;
    12 but He, having offered one sacrifice for sins for all time, SAT DOWN AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD,
    13 waiting from that time onward UNTIL HIS
    ENEMIES BE MADE A FOOTSTOOL FOR HIS FEET.
    14 For by one offering He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified.

    15 And the Holy Spirit also testifies to us; for after saying,
    16 “THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THEM
    AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD:
    I WILL PUT MY LAWS UPON THEIR HEART,
    AND ON THEIR MIND I WILL WRITE THEM,”
    He then says,
    17 “AND THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS
    I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE.”
    18 Now where there is forgiveness of these things, there is no longer any offering for sin.
    Remember . . . there is no longer any offering for sin . . .
    Last edited by billy-brown 2; Jul 11th 2010 at 03:59 AM. Reason: verse
    Grace and peace,

    Billy-brown 2


    I Peter 1:25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Bahamas
    Posts
    2,430
    Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    ...
    If God expects to hold a people to the standard of The Law, then, all the appendages of that agreement must be met.

    One of those appendages is The Temple.
    Dan my friend...Christ is the fulfillment of the law! Where are you getting this idea the law is still in force? This just is not so. Read those verses in Hebrews that Billy Brown gave.

    The law is dead and gone my friend. Finished. Kaput! So is nation Israel. Just another face in the crowd. Finished. God has a Holy nation. That is the church. This is the only Nation God is concerned about now and for all time. God isn't going to use the law to judge. The law CONDEMNS!!! That is why it had to go! This is how judgement will take place on that day....In Christ to the right, Not in Christ to the left and the lake of fire. That's it. Period.
    Anyone who wishes to be judged on the basis of the law is royally screwed!! Noone can keep the law. Christ is the only one that kept the law. That is why He was able to be our substitute in death for our sin. He fufilled the law for us then nailed it to the cross.

    Dan I want to put this as nicely as I can. It is not a put down. You really need to do some serious study on these matters. It appears that somehow the whole message of the Bible has gone right over your head like an airplane.

    all the best...

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,918
    Blog Entries
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    ...When you say that this has happened already, yes.

    But, now, I ask you, does God change?

    And will He ignore the abuse of His Law with people that claim to follow His Law?

    I say that a people that claims to believe in The Law Of Moses will be held to that high standard.

    ROM 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
    ROM 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.


    I don't, however, see anything that says Jews will never be allowed to build another temple, but I do understand that there is not a need because of Christ.
    a footnote . . .

    Paul is the author (by the Holy Ghost) of Romans, yes?

    And for Paul, the "Law" for the saints (the true "temple of God") is the "Law of faith" in Christ Jesus.

    Why?

    Well, because Jesus accomplished the Will of God.

    Indeed, Jesus established the "second" (the "law" of faith in Christ/the New Covenant) and did away with the "first" (the Law of Moses).

    Some critical additional scriptures on this is provided below for our collective consideration:

    Rom. 3
    19Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God;
    20because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

    21But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
    22even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;
    23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
    24being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus;
    25whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed;
    26for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

    27Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith.
    28For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.
    29Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also,
    30since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one.
    31Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law.
    Grace and peace,

    Billy-brown 2


    I Peter 1:25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

  5. #140

    I understand...

    Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Dan my friend...Christ is the fulfillment of the law! Where are you getting this idea the law is still in force? This just is not so. Read those verses in Hebrews that Billy Brown gave.

    The law is dead and gone my friend. Finished. Kaput! So is nation Israel. Just another face in the crowd. Finished. God has a Holy nation. That is the church. This is the only Nation God is concerned about now and for all time. God isn't going to use the law to judge. The law CONDEMNS!!! That is why it had to go! This is how judgement will take place on that day....In Christ to the right, Not in Christ to the left and the lake of fire. That's it. Period.
    Anyone who wishes to be judged on the basis of the law is royally screwed!! Noone can keep the law. Christ is the only one that kept the law. That is why He was able to be our substitute in death for our sin. He fufilled the law for us then nailed it to the cross.

    Dan I want to put this as nicely as I can. It is not a put down. You really need to do some serious study on these matters. It appears that somehow the whole message of the Bible has gone right over your head like an airplane.

    all the best...
    ...The Bible fairly well, I think.

    However, and this is the point I've been trying to make you see:

    The Jews don't believe that Jesus is the Christ.

    Now, I know that if God desires no temple, there will be none.

    But, I'll wait and see.

    Oh, as for the Law being finished, I hear, from the Bible, that it may happen, but not in the Earth's Lifetime:

    MT 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.


    Indeed, most of Christianity may be lost to the world, but the Law will remain till the end:

    DAN 11:22 And the arms of the fighter shall be overcome before his face, and shall be broken; yea also the prince of the covenant. (Douay)

    Perhaps, some of the messages of the Bible have slipped away from you?
    PROV 21:3 To do righteousness and justice Is more acceptable to Jehovah than sacrifice.-American Standard Version 1901

    MT 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.


    As opposed to the bad man that does nothing?

    AMOS 6:3 Ye that put far away the evil day, and cause the seat of violence to come near;

    GAL 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

  6. #141

    Your right.

    Quote Originally Posted by billy-brown 2 View Post
    a footnote . . .

    Paul is the author (by the Holy Ghost) of Romans, yes?

    And for Paul, the "Law" for the saints (the true "temple of God") is the "Law of faith" in Christ Jesus.

    Why?

    Well, because Jesus accomplished the Will of God.

    Indeed, Jesus established the "second" (the "law" of faith in Christ/the New Covenant) and did away with the "first" (the Law of Moses).

    Some critical additional scriptures on this is provided below for our collective consideration:
    Still, real faith in Jesus inspires actions, that, if not adhered to, regardless of your understanding of the Christ, will cause you to lose your reward.

    Unless, you consider the offenders not capable of true faith.

    Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. (Matt 7:21)

    Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? (Matt 7:22)

    And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (Matt 7:23)


    MT 18:7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

    1COR 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
    1COR 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.


    MT 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

    Unfortunately, not all admit that Jesus is the Christ.

    Do you think that the Law is no longer in the world because God's Will has made it unnecessary?

    Obviously not!

    And so it will be with the Temple, IMO.
    Last edited by dan; Jul 12th 2010 at 04:15 AM. Reason: content
    PROV 21:3 To do righteousness and justice Is more acceptable to Jehovah than sacrifice.-American Standard Version 1901

    MT 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.


    As opposed to the bad man that does nothing?

    AMOS 6:3 Ye that put far away the evil day, and cause the seat of violence to come near;

    GAL 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Bahamas
    Posts
    2,430
    Dan my friend. Let's not fly off in too many directions at once. Read those verse in Hebrews. What do they say?

    all the best...

  8. #143

    That Christians...

    Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Dan my friend. Let's not fly off in too many directions at once. Read those verse in Hebrews. What do they say?

    all the best...
    ...Have been forgiven.

    Nothing about the Temple that will be built.

    You actually believe that nothing is sacrificed by the Jews today?

    Please, tell me your not serious.

    I have Jewish friends that have told me what they do in synagogue, and they still kill animals for God.

    Don't you know this?

    As for going in too many directions, try to understand that all of them are the same place.
    PROV 21:3 To do righteousness and justice Is more acceptable to Jehovah than sacrifice.-American Standard Version 1901

    MT 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.


    As opposed to the bad man that does nothing?

    AMOS 6:3 Ye that put far away the evil day, and cause the seat of violence to come near;

    GAL 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,918
    Blog Entries
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Still, real faith in Jesus inspires actions, that, if not adhered to, regardless of your understanding of the Christ, will cause you to lose your reward.

    Unless, you consider the offenders not capable of true faith.

    Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. (Matt 7:21)

    Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? (Matt 7:22)

    And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (Matt 7:23)


    MT 18:7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

    1COR 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
    1COR 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.


    MT 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

    Unfortunately, not all admit that Jesus is the Christ.

    Do you think that the Law is no longer in the world because God's Will has made it unnecessary?

    Obviously not!

    And so it will be with the Temple, IMO.
    Thanks Dan,

    There is indeed a "law" in the world today for the saints--and it is the "law" of faith in Christ Jesus for righteousness. And it was "God's Will" that set up the "law" of faith.

    Indeed, the "law" of faith is foundational to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Also, we have Heb. 10:1-18; this passage makes the "law" of faith possible:

    Heb. 10
    1 For the Law, since it has only a shadow of the good things to come and not the very form of things, can never, by the same sacrifices which they offer continually year by year, make perfect those who draw near.
    2 Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered, because the worshipers, having once been cleansed, would no longer have had consciousness of sins?
    3 But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins year by year.
    4 For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.
    5 Therefore, when He comes into the world, He says,
    “SACRIFICE AND OFFERING YOU HAVE NOT DESIRED,
    BUT A BODY YOU HAVE PREPARED FOR ME;
    6 IN WHOLE BURNT OFFERINGS AND sacrifices FOR SIN YOU HAVE TAKEN NO PLEASURE.
    7 “THEN I SAID, ‘BEHOLD, I HAVE COME
    (IN THE SCROLL OF THE BOOK IT IS WRITTEN OF ME)
    TO DO YOUR WILL, O GOD.’”

    8 After saying above, “SACRIFICES AND OFFERINGS AND WHOLE BURNT OFFERINGS AND sacrifices FOR SIN YOU HAVE NOT DESIRED, NOR HAVE YOU TAKEN PLEASURE in them” (which are offered according to the Law),
    9 then He said, “BEHOLD, I HAVE COME TO DO YOUR WILL.” He takes away the first in order to establish the second.
    10 By this will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

    11 Every priest stands daily ministering and offering time after time the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins;
    12 but He, having offered one sacrifice for sins for all time, SAT DOWN AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD,
    13 waiting from that time onward UNTIL HIS
    ENEMIES BE MADE A FOOTSTOOL FOR HIS FEET.
    14 For by one offering He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified.
    15 And the Holy Spirit also testifies to us; for after saying,
    16 “THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THEM
    AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD:
    I WILL PUT MY LAWS UPON THEIR HEART,
    AND ON THEIR MIND I WILL WRITE THEM,”
    He then says,
    17 “AND THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS
    I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE.”
    18 Now where there is forgiveness of these things, there is no longer any offering for sin.
    Does this make sense?
    Grace and peace,

    Billy-brown 2


    I Peter 1:25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

  10. #145

    Why do you...

    Quote Originally Posted by billy-brown 2 View Post
    Thanks Dan,

    There is indeed a "law" in the world today for the saints--and it is the "law" of faith in Christ Jesus for righteousness. And it was "God's Will" that set up the "law" of faith.

    Indeed, the "law" of faith is foundational to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Also, we have Heb. 10:1-18; this passage makes the "law" of faith possible:

    Does this make sense?
    ...Continue to ignore the Jews?

    Are they not worthy of your consideration because they are Jews?

    Perhaps, their salvation is of no importance?
    PROV 21:3 To do righteousness and justice Is more acceptable to Jehovah than sacrifice.-American Standard Version 1901

    MT 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.


    As opposed to the bad man that does nothing?

    AMOS 6:3 Ye that put far away the evil day, and cause the seat of violence to come near;

    GAL 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)
    Posts
    14,928
    Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    ...Continue to ignore the Jews?

    Are they not worthy of your consideration because they are Jews?

    Perhaps, their salvation is of no importance?
    The salvation of Jews is very important but not more important than the salvation of other people groups.

    Acts 10
    34Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
    35But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

  12. #147

    True.

    Quote Originally Posted by John146 View Post
    The salvation of Jews is very important but not more important than the salvation of other people groups.

    Acts 10
    34Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
    35But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
    But the subject of the OP is the number of Temples, not why the Christian Temple is the only one worth talking about.
    PROV 21:3 To do righteousness and justice Is more acceptable to Jehovah than sacrifice.-American Standard Version 1901

    MT 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.


    As opposed to the bad man that does nothing?

    AMOS 6:3 Ye that put far away the evil day, and cause the seat of violence to come near;

    GAL 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,918
    Blog Entries
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    But the subject of the OP is the number of Temples, not why the Christian Temple is the only one worth talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    ...Continue to ignore the Jews?

    Are they not worthy of your consideration because they are Jews?

    Perhaps, their salvation is of no importance?
    Thanks Dan,



    Apropos the number of temples in the future--as in the answer to this question: How many Temples will there be?

    Well, the answer has to be NONE.

    Really.

    But why?

    Because there is already a "Temple" on the earth right NOW: the "Temple" of His body (the Body of Christ--the Church). And Jesus has been calling non-Hebrew and Hebrew to "enter the temple of His body" through faith in the message of the Gospel throughout this current age already--as the following scriptures confirm:
    I)
    Acts 26 (Paul is speaking in "this age")
    4 “So then, all Jews know my manner of life from my youth up, which from the beginning was spent among my own nation and at Jerusalem;
    5 since they have known about me for a long time, if they are willing to testify, that I lived as a Pharisee according to the strictest sect of our religion.
    6 “And now I am standing trial for the hope of the promise made by God to our fathers;
    7 the promise to which our twelve tribes hope to attain, as they earnestly serve God night and day. And for this hope, O King, I am being accused by Jews.

    8 “Why is it considered incredible among you people if God does raise the dead?

    II)
    Acts 26 (Paul is speaking in "this age")
    19 “So, King Agrippa, I did not prove disobedient to the heavenly vision,
    20 but kept declaring both to those of Damascus first, and also at Jerusalem and then throughout all the region of Judea, and even to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, performing deeds appropriate to repentance.
    21 “For this reason some Jews seized me in the temple and tried to put me to death.
    22 “So, having obtained help from God, I stand to this day testifying both to small and great, stating nothing but what the Prophets and Moses said was going to take place;
    23 that the Christ was to suffer, and that by reason of His resurrection from the dead He would be the first to proclaim light both to the Jewish people and to the Gentiles.”


    III)
    Acts 28 (Paul is featured as speaking in "this age")
    16 When we entered Rome, Paul was allowed to stay by himself, with the soldier who was guarding him.
    17 After three days Paul called together those who were the leading men of the Jews, and when they came together, he began saying to them, “Brethren, though I had done nothing against our people or the customs of our fathers, yet I was delivered as a prisoner from Jerusalem into the hands of the Romans.
    18 “And when they had examined me, they were willing to release me because there was no ground for putting me to death.
    19 “But when the Jews objected, I was forced to appeal to Caesar, not that I had any accusation against my nation.
    20 “For this reason, therefore, I requested to see you and to speak with you, for I am wearing this chain for the sake of the hope of Israel.”
    21 They said to him, “We have neither received letters from Judea concerning you, nor have any of the brethren come here and reported or spoken anything bad about you.
    22 “But we desire to hear from you what your views are; for concerning this sect, it is known to us that it is spoken against everywhere.”
    23 When they had set a day for Paul, they came to him at his lodging in large numbers; and he was explaining to them by solemnly testifying about the kingdom of God and trying to persuade them concerning Jesus, from both the Law of Moses and from the Prophets, from morning until evening.
    24 Some were being persuaded by the things spoken, but others would not believe.
    25 And when they did not agree with one another, they began leaving after Paul had spoken one parting word, “The Holy Spirit rightly spoke through Isaiah the prophet to your fathers,
    26 saying,
    ‘GO TO THIS PEOPLE AND SAY,
    “YOU WILL KEEP ON HEARING, BUT WILL NOT UNDERSTAND;
    AND YOU WILL KEEP ON SEEING, BUT WILL NOT PERCEIVE;
    27 FOR THE HEART OF THIS PEOPLE HAS BECOME DULL,
    AND WITH THEIR EARS THEY SCARCELY HEAR,
    AND THEY HAVE CLOSED THEIR EYES;
    OTHERWISE THEY MIGHT SEE WITH THEIR EYES,
    AND HEAR WITH THEIR EARS,
    AND UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART AND RETURN,
    AND I WOULD HEAL THEM.”’
    28 “Therefore let it be known to you that this salvation of God has been sent to the Gentiles; they will also listen.”
    According to the scriptures above, the only way for the Jews (or anyone else) to enter the "Temple" of His body is by faith in the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Therefore, the Hope of Israel is Christ Jesus--and Life Eternal only--and not a future earthly "brick and mortar" physical temple . . .
    Grace and peace,

    Billy-brown 2


    I Peter 1:25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,918
    Blog Entries
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by John146 View Post
    The salvation of Jews is very important but not more important than the salvation of other people groups.

    Acts 10
    34Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
    35But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
    Yeah . . . what he said . . .^^^^^

    Grace and peace,

    Billy-brown 2


    I Peter 1:25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)
    Posts
    14,928
    Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    But the subject of the OP is the number of Temples, not why the Christian Temple is the only one worth talking about.
    I addressed what you said in that post which also did not address the OP. So what, right? But regarding the number of temples that relates to the number of physical temples of God (temple buildings) and there were two and will not be a third. Any temple they built from this point on would not be the temple of God. God has no use for physical temple buildings any longer and scripture is very clear about that.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •