cure-real

Thread: how to get back on track with relationship with God?

how to get back on track with relationship with God?

I feel like I have REALLY slipped away. I have an important role in the church, but lately have become so busy with work and life in general that I feel as though I do not have a real relationship with the Lord anymore.

I want to get back to what I had with God before, but don't even know where to start. Have looked at christian living books, etc...but need some advise.

Thanks!

Well. What was it that drew you to Jesus in the beginning of your spiritual life? Remember those feelings when the love of God came into your heart. Ask Him to refresh that feeling inside of you.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rvnburton View Post
    I feel like I have REALLY slipped away. I have an important role in the church, but lately have become so busy with work and life in general that I feel as though I do not have a real relationship with the Lord anymore.

I want to get back to what I had with God before, but don't even know where to start. Have looked at christian living books, etc...but need some advise.

Thanks!
    Do you base your relationship in God through Jesus or your important role at church?

If you do not make time to be with God daily, God will take away all in your life that separates you from Him. I know exactly what you mean about a busy life. I work and I usually have some sort of church or ministry related activity 4 nights of the week.

I began to feel farther and farther away from Christ the more and more I did for God. I'd come home about 9:30-10:00 each of those ministry nights and do personal stuff till about 11pm and then go to bed.

So... to answer your question about getting back to God. For me, separating myself from all this and making time for God. He wants a personal relationship with you, through Jesus, led by His Spirit... I set aside an hour a day and even though I don't do this daily, I do it much more and in time will be daily. This has brought me near to God and He with me as I pray, read the Bible, praise and worship Him.
    Slug1--out

~Does Predestination mean: Once of the devil, Always of the devil?~

~Limitations in a Christianís life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

That is very sound advice, often given by those who've been there. Even the things we do for the Lord can come between us and Him.

On a personal note, I know that if I won't spend significant time with the Lord, cutting other things out for that purpose, He will make a way for me, because other people are affected by my spiritual vitality.

I just love "doing," but if not careful, I might be cutting the Lord out of the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by SFASH View Post
    On a personal note, I know that if I won't spend significant time with the Lord, cutting other things out for that purpose, He will make a way for me, because other people are affected by my spiritual vitality.
    This statement is also very true for me....as far as others being affected by my spiritual vitality. It used to drive me to work even harder on my relationship with God...but lately it's only added to the stress I am under.
    Last edited by Dani H; Jul 11th 2010 at 01:10 AM. Reason: courtesy drive-by quote tag fix :)

Blog Entries
    If you've lost the joy of your salvation and of having closeness with Jesus like you did at first, then I'd heavily encourage you to put everything else on the back burner and focus on seeking Him until you find that joy again ... and keep it on the front burner, moving forward, forever and ever, amen.

Thanks!
    You and me both brother. You're not the only one who feels far from God. In fact I prayed for the both of us that we'd both be blessed by God's presence, and I felt He heard me. Be looking out for good things coming and precious time with the Lord. He will do it!

This statement is also very true for me....as far as others being affected by my spiritual vitality. It used to drive me to work even harder on my relationship with God...but lately it's only added to the stress I am under.
    I believe that just plain Rest, and a sufficient amount of it, is also in order.

Isaiah 61:3 "...Put on the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness.

This is what keeps coming to mnd. There's nothing like praise to lift heaviness and to redirect our focus.
    I suggest you get up a few minutes earlier everyday and just spend time with Him in praise and worship.
    Read a scripture or two and meditate upon them as you drive to work.

IMO you're making things far too complicated. God just wants you to focus your attention on Him.

Jeanne

"He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it". ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

"If we ever forget that we are ONE NATION UNDER GOD, then we will be a nation gone under" ~ Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    This thread reminds me of a situation in my own life.

There's a person I once considered to be a friend. I don't even consider that person to be a friend anymore, but I still choose to associate with that person.

Logically, I know that even associating with that person is dragging me down and that I should altogether stop associating with that person.

Blog Entries
    If you want to get back to what you had with God, look at His Word. He speaks to us through His Word, and through it we can feel close to Him knowing that what we read is truth, nourishing and cleansing.
    Praying for you all those who feel they have slipped away. It is a good thing to know that our God has not slipped away from you.
    .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Thread Information