cure-real
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shall We Continue In Sin? God Forbid!!!!

Shall We Continue In Sin? God Forbid!!!!

Shall we who say we are Christians continue in sin? Do we truly believe we are alive to God?

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
    Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid.

Why does it seem as though we are not in agreement with that which is forbidden by God?

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Every one of us willfully sins every day, possibly every minute or every second. It's a fact but not an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by embankmentlb View Post
    Every one of us willfully sins every day, possibly every minute or every second. It's a fact but not an excuse.
    The question is "shall we continue to sin"? not if we do sin.

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
    Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

We cannot claim to be dead to sin and alive to God if we continue to sin can we?

Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

If as you say we sin every day, why do we disobey God every day?

Paul asks the question and answers it so that there can be no misunderstanding. So again it is not that we may sin every day or not, it is forbidden by God.

Shall we continue to sin? God forbid.

Firstfruits

We can make every human effort to not sin, that is to love one another unconditionally, but we will always fall short.

We can make every human effort to not sin, that is to love one another unconditionally, but we will always fall short.
    So we will always be out of the will of God then, since God forbids it?

Firstfruits

If it were not for this fellow named Jesus we would not have a chance.

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With regards to the following scrioptures, if we disobey the will of God by sinning every day how can we have a chance with Jesus?

Tit 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Mt 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Firstfruits

Indeed! He changed everything! Am I still a slave to sin, even though I am a new creature in Christ? Is there any sin that I cannot have victory over, in Christ?
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    Indeed! He changed everything! Am I still a slave to sin, even though I am a new creature in Christ? Is there any sin that I cannot have victory over, in Christ?
    Are you saying that we do not have to sin every day?

Firstfruits

Quote Originally Posted by Firstfruits View Post
    Are you saying that we do not have to sin every day?

Firstfruits
    I am saying that anything that God puts his hand on in my life and identifies as sin, that in Christ, we can overcome it. I am also saying that anyone who says they have no sin, is not preaching full truth (1 John 1:8).

1 John tells us that little children should rejoice for their sins are forgiven! Often we put much on the little babies. They need to do as God commands them to do and forsake that area of their life that he is identifying. However, as they grow in Him, God will reveal other areas of sin that need to be dealt with. We are not sanctified completely at salvation. As we grow in the Lord, he deals with our sin problem on a deeper and deeper level. So that all the sin we know about, we can overcome. But as we overcome it, there is a deeper level he will reveal for us to overcome.

So yes, in the areas where we know about sin, we do not have to sin. That doesn't mean a believer won't be in bondage to a particular sin. He can be! But he can overcome that bondage!
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

It's more like, We are always dependent on Jesus.

It's more like, We are always dependent on Jesus.
    Amen! And in that dependancy, we are overcomers! Through Christ, we can overcome all the sin that God convicts us of for we are no longer slaves to sin, but rather slaves to righteousness.
    NASU

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    I am saying that anything that God puts his hand on in my life and identifies as sin, that in Christ, we can overcome it. I am also saying that anyone who says they have no sin, is not preaching full truth (1 John 1:8).

1 John tells us that little children should rejoice for their sins are forgiven! Often we put much on the little babies. They need to do as God commands them to do and forsake that area of their life that he is identifying. However, as they grow in Him, God will reveal other areas of sin that need to be dealt with. We are not sanctified completely at salvation. As we grow in the Lord, he deals with our sin problem on a deeper and deeper level. So that all the sin we know about, we can overcome. But as we overcome it, there is a deeper level he will reveal for us to overcome.

So yes, in the areas where we know about sin, we do not have to sin. That doesn't mean a believer won't be in bondage to a particular sin. He can be! But he can overcome that bondage!
    Why then did Jesus not do the same for those that professed to be christians, why were their iniquities not removed?

Tit 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Mt 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Are we not really dead to sin, and alive to God? Does what God has forbidden not apply to us?

The message is that we ought not to sin, not that no one sins.

1 Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 Tim 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Instead of teaching that we should not sin we are saying we cannot cease from sin.

Firstfruits

Quote Originally Posted by Firstfruits View Post
    Why then did Jesus not do the same for those that professed to be christians, why were their iniquities not removed?

Are we not really dead to sin, and alive to God? Does what God has forbidden not apply to us?

The message is that we ought not to sin, not that no one sins.

1 Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 Tim 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Instead of teaching that we should not sin we are saying we cannot cease from sin.

Firstfruits
    I am not preaching we cannot cease from sin. Indeed we can! What I am saying is that there are hidden sins that God has not yet revealed to us that is in us and we are not yet ready to deal with. However, those things he has pointed out in our lives, he has enabled us to deal with and overcome.

There is no sin that cannot be overcome. We are not slaves to sin but rather slaves to righteousness. Yet, there is no one that is perfect. Even Paul said he had not yet obtained that for which he strove and that he saw through a glass darkly.

Christians do not have to sin. We have been set free from that. But sanctification is progressive. Israel did not conquer the promised land in one day but they did conquer it. It is the same with sin. While we are set free from the hold of Pharoah, we must still fight the strongholds that took residence in our heart until they are all conquered. This does not occur the moment we are saved. But the victory is ours the moment we are saved. God promised to give Israel the promised land, but the fight was not won until they engaged in it. The same for us. We will overcome our sin as we engage in the battle. First, there will be a Jericho, then an Ai until we conquer all the areas of our heart.

I agree the message is that we are overcomers and do not have to sin. Yet, the truth is also that anyone who says he has no sin violates this verse...

1 John 1:8
    8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.
    NASU

We have sin. But we do not HAVE to sin. 1 John was written so that when the sin that we have is revealed, we can overcome it.

1 John 2:1

2 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin.
    NASU
    NASU

Thread Information