cure-real
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Why can't I speak in tongues?

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Re: Why can't I speak in tongues?

Quote Originally Posted by -SEEKING- View Post
    Consider this. How many things happened in the bible where Jews were NOT present?
    Also, when Paul is addressing all the Corinthians about the Gifts of the Holy Spirit... he maintians the instruction to the "Body of Christ" and all his instruction is for the Body of Christ. Thus not limiting all that God is saying through him to only the Jews.
    Slug1--out

~Limitations in a Christianís life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thedee View Post
    What does the bible teach who seeks a sign?
    "For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom" - 1 Cor 1:22
    Before you single out v22, place it in context with this scripture:

1 Cor 12:12 For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into[c] one Spirit. 14 For in fact the body is not one member but many.
    Slug1--out

~Limitations in a Christianís life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    1st Corinthians 14:40 Paul instructs us that all things are to be done DECENTLY (properly NASB) and IN ORDER.

I'm sorry guys, but claping and dancing and all the rest is neither proper or orderly in the Lords church.

What King David did in the privacy of His palace, is no pattern for behaviour in the New Testament church. There is to be silence except for times of singing, someone offering up public prayer, or the reading of scripture and preaching. The first day service should centre around the Lords Supper and the solemnity that is required for that as we self examine. This notion that the assembly is for the purposes of a rock concert and a party is abomidable! Neither is it for the blurting out of unintelligable vocalizations.

all the best...
    Dude, King David stripped naked and danced before the Lord in front of the whole population of Jerusalem!!! Dancing before the Lord during Praise and Worship is not "out of order" my friend. Neither is clapping or raising my hands. The passage you are referring to had to do with messages in tongues that were too numerous and had no interpretation. It had nothing to do with dancing or clapping or even speaking in tongues in service as long as it was not disruptive.

Try it. You might like it!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    1st Corinthians 14:40 Paul instructs us that all things are to be done DECENTLY (properly NASB) and IN ORDER.

I'm sorry guys, but claping and dancing and all the rest is neither proper or orderly in the Lords church.
    As Frecs pointed out... that scripture is all about preventing chaos as people operate in the "flesh" and not by the order of the Holy Spirit when He's manifesting concerning the speaking of tongues and no interpretations are provided... those speaking are just rambling and probably showing off... "look what I can do".

"I" is the problem and is also the reason for God not giving of a gift to such a person... look at Simon in Acts 8.

When God is working through anyone in a church, there would be order, tongues would be spoken, another would translate, more tongues would be spoken as the message continued, more translation and this would continue till the entire message from God is received to the Body of Christ that God is speaking to.
    Slug1--out

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    Define unbeliever? Is an unbeliever one who doesn't believe in God or can an unbeliever also be one who doesn't believe in the "power" of God?
    Define an unbeliever???? Please. An unbeliever is someone who is not a believer in Christ. Do I have to explain this?
    BelieversNotes.com - Bible Study Notes
    End Times - The Days We Live in Short Video

For it is better that he say to you, 'Come up here,' Than that you should be put lower in the presence of the prince, Whom your eyes have seen. ~ Proverbs 25:7

Quote Originally Posted by -SEEKING- View Post
    Consider this. How many things happened in the bible where Jews were NOT present?
    Lets focus on tongues. Jews where always present when tongues was used.

For it is better that he say to you, 'Come up here,' Than that you should be put lower in the presence of the prince, Whom your eyes have seen. ~ Proverbs 25:7

Blog Entries

Lets focus on tongues. Jews where always present when tongues was used.
    So were Gentiles. So what?

Quote Originally Posted by Frecs View Post
    So what? So what meaning why would you speak in tongues today if Jews are not present? Jews seek a sign and Gentiles seek wisdom.

Blog Entries

Define an unbeliever???? Please. An unbeliever is someone who is not a believer in Christ. Do I have to explain this?
    So what is a person who believes in Jesus but not the "power" of God? Would you not consider them an "unbeliever" also?

How could a Christian who does not believe in the power of God receive a message from God through one of His prophets today?
    Slug1--out

When the Church started at pentecost it was only Jews.... the Jews seek a sign and gentiles seek wisdom.

Blog Entries

So what? So what meaning why would you speak in tongues today if Jews are not present? Jews seek a sign and Gentiles seek wisdom.
    I speak in tongues to commune with God. I sing in tongues to worship God. Some speak words of wisdom/knowledge in tongues to edify the church. Why would you not want to speak in tongues?

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    So what is a person who believes in Jesus but not the "power" of God? Would you not consider them an "unbeliever" also?

How could a Christian who does not believe in the power of God receive a message from God through one of His prophets today?
    Who is denying the power of God? All the glory is to Him. Lets focus on tongues and not the definition of a believer. If you are unclear on the definition of an unbeliever than start a new thread.

I speak in tongues to commune with God. I sing in tongues to worship God. Some speak words of wisdom/knowledge in tongues to edify the church. Why would you not want to speak in tongues?
    Because I would rather speak five words with understanding than ten thousand words in a tongue. I was not given the gift of tongue but instead other gift. So why would I pursue a gift I don't have?

Blog Entries

Because I would rather speak five words with understanding than ten thousand words in a tongue. I was not given the gift of tongue but instead other gift. So why would I pursue a gift I don't have?

1Cr 14:14-15 For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful. So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my mind; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my mind.
    Eph 6:18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

Blog Entries

Who is denying the power of God? All the glory is to Him. Lets focus on tongues and not the definition of a believer. If you are unclear on the definition of an unbeliever than start a new thread.
    The point... once a believer of God but who is unbelieving in His power, first experiences tongues and "believes", they can then be spoken to directly by God through those that He uses as prophets and the message, edification, correction and the secrets of "THEIR" heart be revealed... for all to be received and accepted.

Until then, their "unbelief" will cause them to doubt and maybe even retailiate against the prophet... all they are is a messanger, it's really God speaking. Any Christian who doesn't "believe" God would manifest in power and speak this way cannot be helped this way. They must first become "believers" in the power of God... thus one of the reasons for tongues.

1 Cor 14:22 Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; but prophesying is not for unbelievers but for those who believe. 23 Therefore if the whole church comes together in one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those who are uninformed or unbelievers, will they not say that you are out of your mind? 24 But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or an uninformed person comes in, he is convinced by all, he is convicted by all. 25 And thus[c] the secrets of his heart are revealed; and so, falling down on his face, he will worship God and report that God is truly among you.

Which is why I asked about "unbeliever" because if you take the scripture in context it's not about a person who has NO FAITH in God... it's about a person who doesn't believe and the scripture also gives further understanding in the words "or an uninformed" person. The "unbeliever" in all this portion of scripture is not one that has no FAITH but one who has faith but no belief in the power of God and the fact that the Holy Spirit will manifest through those in the Body of Christ.
    Slug1--out

Thread Information