cure-real
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1 Corinthians 3:15 proved that a Christian shall not lose salvation, but reward only?

Blog Entries

Re: 1 Corinthians 3:15 proved that a Christian shall not lose salvation, but reward o

Quote Originally Posted by BroRog View Post
    Those who interpret this passage as applicable to all Christians have misunderstood the passage. In the context, Paul is talking about Apollos and perhaps other men who teach at church. The reward that Apollos would expect is that his teaching would stand in the face of both reality and by comparison to the scriptures. If Apollos' teaching is valuable and consistent with the scriptures, then it will last and the fact that it lasts is his reward.

This passage neither supports nor refutes OSAS.
    BroRog has described the passge in context. And he is correct, it does not deal wit NOSAS/OSAS.

Blog Entries

Re: 1 Corinthians 3:15 proved that a Christian shall not lose salvation, but reward o

Quote Originally Posted by Vhayes View Post
    I Corinthians 3

11 - For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12 - Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,

13 - each man's work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man's work.

14 - If any man's work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward.

15 - If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

Sure looks like it's speaking of salvation to me.

Also, it plainly states "if ANY man" not just one individual.
    V
    Hi V,

It is speaking of salvation for the teacher. The any man in context is anyone who teaches in the church.

I agree with BroRog. Because, we need to understand 1 Cor. 3:15, by read the context of the first part of chapter 3 before we get arrive at verse 15. The context of verse 4 thru verse 15 talking about Paul and Apollos as leaders, well apply to pastors. Leaders' works of their foundation(congregation), that their works shall be test by fire, and their works shall be revealed in the day of the judgment seat of Christ. This passage is not discuss about sins nothing at all. This passage discuss about leaders' works shall be reveal by fire, to show their works are success or failure. My understanding, their works shall be burned as fading away, but leaders' flesh(body) shall be save.

By the way, I do not agree with some Seventh Day Adventists believe unbelievers' body shall be destroyed and stopped being exist in the lake of fire. Because, their souls shall always remain living forever and evenr in either final destiny - eternal life with Christ, or eternal in lake of fire.

Also, look next verse - 1 Cor. 3:16 says, if anyone defile his body, because their boy is belong to YHWH's as temple. If they defile their body, then YHWH shall destroy their spirit. Means, that there shall beno longer belong to YHWH's, their soul & body both shall be end up in lake of fire, without having YHWH's spirit. Also, 1 Cor. 3:16 according to 1 Cor. 5:5 telling the same thing.

Paul reaffirms his teaching on this matter in 2 Cor 5:10 I guess the Corinthians didn't get it on the first pass.

The judgment seat of Christ is for Christians it is not the Great White Throne where the lost are judged and cast into the lake of fire.

For the cause of Christ
    Roger

Heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)

I Corinthians 3

11 - For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12 - Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,

13 - each man's work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man's work.

14 - If any man's work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward.

15 - If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

Sure looks like it's speaking of salvation to me.

V
    Yeah, I don't understand why people are acting as if the passage has nothing to do with salvation. Yes, it does. This passage shows once again that man is not saved by his works and his own righteousness. The "babes in Christ" that Paul was speaking to didn't have many, if any, works to speak of in their Christian walk up to that point but they were still saved, still "in Christ". Why? Because they had faith in Christ. If their works were burned up, but it was found that they still had faith then they would still be saved, yet so as by fire. This passage doesn't really speak to whether or not they could lose their faith, though, so I assume it wasn't Paul's point to address that issue there.

Blog Entries

V
    Actually, it says "any man's work" and what is the "work" in this context?

Thread Information