cure-real
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The 'Bay of the Spirit Revival' Daphne / Mobile, AL

Re: What is Revival?

Quote Originally Posted by RabbiKnife View Post
    The passage in Acts 3 is specifically calling non-believers...who were Jewish...to repentance...
    Yes, I know - I said that.

It has nothing to do with what we normally call "revival."
    Yes, I know, that's the purpose of this thread - to establish a more precise, biblical definition of "revival".

The influence of the early church prevailed and turned the entire known world upside down as a normative part of Christians merely being Christians.
    No, you're misquoting Luke. The word of the Lord grew mighty and prevailed - meaning the church did their part, but then God, in Luke's worldview, did His part. That's the point of revival and Peter's invitation in Acts 3 and 2 Pet. 3 - if we do our part, He will do His. "Revival" happens when God does His part. One could equate "revival" with "speedy justice", in one sense.
    The Rookie

Twelve is the number of government. Thus, it is quite apropos that I am on my way towards wielding the power of twelve bars - each bar like, say, a tribe.....or a star.....or, maybe an apostle. A blue apostle. Like apostle smurfs. Does anyone remember smurfs? And all the controversy about them being from the devil? It's probably bad that I juxtaposed "apostle" and "smurf" in the same sentence. But then, I probably lost you at "blue apostle". Yes, my friends, this is what "rare jewel of a person" is actually implying. "Rare Jewel of a Person" really means, "Potentially Insane".

Re: The 'Bay of the Spirit Revival' Daphne / Mobile, AL

I like the picture of reviving some-thing, (or some-one). Like in the emergency room at hospital, the medical team will attempt to revive a severely injured or unconscious patient in a life or death situation. I think revival is to do with the Holy Spirit causing God's people, His body, the church, to be delivered from "forms of godliness that deny the power of God" and "hollow and deceptive philosophies that depend on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ", rather to authentically DIE to the old self life, and LIVE and operate again in supernatural victory and authority, where spiritual paralysis and death have entered the "church" through sin, carnality, accomadating sin, laziness, hard heartedness, cold heartedness, indifference, idolatry, greed, envy, gossip, malicious talk, rivalry, ambition, compromise, selfishness, fear of man, and the like. I cant take it seriously when someone presumes to assert "tonight we're having a revival" I think they lost the plot already. Surely its a sovereign move of God, and not at the behest and say so of men?

Blog Entries

Re: The 'Bay of the Spirit Revival' Daphne / Mobile, AL

Well I'm not going to tell the Holy Spirit what He can do and not do and who He can use and not use.

Having said that, the worship leader at Brownsville back in the day is one of my very favorites to listen to (to this day).

Having said that, the worship over in Lakeland the couple times I went was wonderfully marvelous and I was certainly refreshed.

Having said that, I've no comment on Mobile but wish I could attend.

To those wanting to cast judgment I would advise to tread carefully ... To those wanting to jump in and get happy I would advise that the fruit of revival historically, is
    a) right living in the church after much repenting and making things right with God and other people,
    b) a greater spread of the Gospel with clarity in the message of repentance (now that the church is repenting and living right as a result), and
    c) the resultant conversion of many unbelievers (now that the church is living right and our message actually carries power and authority backed up by God Himself).

Anything short of that can certainly be called refreshing and renewal but probably not full-out revival.

Revival is addressing those who are dead in their tresspasses and sins, calling them out of darkness into light and from death to life in Christ. That's Scriptural, I believe.

Blog Entries

Has anyone else attended?.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * ** * * * ** * *** * * * * ***** * * * * ** * * * * ** ** * *
    ~ * You get 10 'reps' to bless others with each day... don't log off until you have used them up......
    ....Live your life the same way.... ~ *

Please pray for the 'Persecuted Church'.

Bible Forums Vision: "To be a community of believers who are actively engaged in pursuing the truth of God as revealed in His Son Jesus Christ by way of studying the Scriptures diligently in order to discover this truth."

I posted this in the other thread too. But it deserves to be posted here too. This video pretty much settles the matter, IMO.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.

Edit: I corrected the link so that the video now works.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Blog Entries

Pretty much settles it is an understatement.

Visit our new website
    ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
    "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.”

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectPeter View Post
    Pretty much settles it is an understatement.
    What does it settle?

Blog Entries

Oh... I suspect you can figure it out all by yourself.

Visit our new website
    ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
    "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.”

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Oh... I suspect you can figure it out all by yourself.
    I'm waiting for Brother Mark to say what matter got settled here.

Quote Originally Posted by BroRog View Post
    What does it settle?
    nothing............

Blog Entries

Doesn't prove Revival... no doubt there because healings aren't proof of revival. Nevertheless... proves a lot in regard to the fact that folks are still healed today when prayed for and believing. There's been a lot of doubt and skepticism as to whether or not this lady has really been healed. I think that can be put to rest now. If that's the point... totally agree. If it is that this proves it is a revival... that's not what proves revival.

Visit our new website

A.W. Tozer said,

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

This video and the others I have seen do not prove this woman was healed. Sorry.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sirus View Post
    This video and the others I have seen do not prove this woman was healed. Sorry.
    Uh... okay. The lady was crippled for a long time. A very public figure. Have met her and her husband several times over the years and she was as cripple as can be. She's walking now. So call it what you choose. I'll call it what it is. She once was crippled and now she walks. She is very loudly giving God the glory and God is whom the glory belongs.

Visit our new website

A.W. Tozer said,

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Uh... okay. The lady was crippled for a long time. A very public figure. Have met her and her husband several times over the years and she was as cripple as can be. She's walking now. So call it what you choose. I'll call it what it is. She once was crippled and now she walks. She is very loudly giving God the glory and God is whom the glory belongs.
    She went 22 years without taking a step. She had no feeling in her legs. Now she is on stage singing, walking, and bouncing around in high heel shoes without assistance. I am looking for a video of her testimony. I heard it was really good. She's giving God all the glory. It's not like this case can't be documented. Her inability to walk has been well known for a long time. Now she can walk. Thank God for his healing ways!
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sirus View Post
    The videos aren't really needed to prove anything. God healed her and now she's glorifying God and testifying. As with all testimony, it don't have to be believed for God to receive glory. God did a mighty work through that man who prayed and now God is continuing to do mighty work through her as the glory is produced through her testimony and praise lifted to God.

~Limitations in a Christian’s life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

Thread Information