cure-real

Thread: Can there ever be a Revival in America?

Can there ever be a Revival in America?

Recently I have submerging myself with Leonard Ravenhill sermon's, he has changed my life, he has opened my heart and mind more to Christ, and what it means to be a christian.

Anyways he was really a firm believer of prayer and revival. He would talk about how, he and some of his church members would pray from 5:00 pm to midnight, without ceasing, or even eating. Sometimes even in the streets in winter.

I think the greatest revival I can think is what happen in Japan around 1928, lead by the great revivalist John Sung. The spirit of God actually feel upon John Sung and his group of people, the sick and crippled were cure, peoples hearts were exploding with love. I think John Sung and his group prayed for 8 hours straight, until God finally showed his presence.

Can anything like this happen in America? I say no because our religion and churches are so corrupted, and honestly I think God is truly dissappointed with us.
    I'm astounded, bewildered, confused, baffled when people tell me there are 75 million people in America that are filled with the Holy Ghost and we're the most rotten nation on earth. "Leonard Ravenhill"

Re: Can there ever be a Revival in America?

God is still able to bring revival in any land that desires it. 2 Chro 7:14

God is always faithful even if we fail Him. Repentance is just a prayer away.

For the cause of Christ
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by notuptome View Post
    God is still able to bring revival in any land that desires it. 2 Chro 7:14

God is always faithful even if we fail Him. Repentance is just a prayer away.

For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    God is just waiting on us to do our part. Revivals historically have begun in one generation and exploded in the next. I think it is about time for the Church to quit praying for revival and start winning sould to Christ. Start winning souls and revival will take care of itsself.

God's Sovereignty, prayer, sound proclamation of the Gospel and repentance
    ♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gentile View Post
    Recently I have submerging myself with Leonard Ravenhill sermon's, he has changed my life, he has opened my heart and mind more to Christ, and what it means to be a christian.

Anyways he was really a firm believer of prayer and revival. He would talk about how, he and some of his church members would pray from 5:00 pm to midnight, without ceasing, or even eating. Sometimes even in the streets in winter.

I think the greatest revival I can think is what happen in Japan around 1928, lead by the great revivalist John Sung. The spirit of God actually feel upon John Sung and his group of people, the sick and crippled were cure, peoples hearts were exploding with love. I think John Sung and his group prayed for 8 hours straight, until God finally showed his presence.

Can anything like this happen in America? I say no because our religion and churches are so corrupted, and honestly I think God is truly dissappointed with us.
    I sadly agree with you totally. Can it happen? I would say yes it can. Will it happen? For reasons you state and others... no, not going to.

That being said... even if it doesn't happen on a grand scale such as in those revivals... there is absolutely nothing stopping you from a personal revival. Perhaps with that... it will spread to others and even if just a few... God can do some mighty things there.

I'm a monster fan of Ravenhill as well. Glad you are listening to him.

Visit our new website
    ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
    "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Can there ever be a Revival in America?

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectPeter View Post
    ...even if it doesn't happen on a grand scale such as in those revivals... there is absolutely nothing stopping you from a personal revival. Perhaps with that... it will spread to others and even if just a few... God can do some mighty things there....
    Amen.

I believe this is the key. We are to have Love for one another, a heart for the Lost, a love for the Word... all these things.

BUT... revival is about a man on his face before the Cross...

....and that man has to be me. Who's sin separates me from the Lord?

It is with that man every revival must begin.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * ** * * * ** * *** * * * * ***** * * * * ** * * * * ** ** * *
    ~ * You get 10 'reps' to bless others with each day... don't log off until you have used them up......
    ....Live your life the same way.... ~ *

Please pray for the 'Persecuted Church'.

Bible Forums Vision: "To be a community of believers who are actively engaged in pursuing the truth of God as revealed in His Son Jesus Christ by way of studying the Scriptures diligently in order to discover this truth."

Quote Originally Posted by Amos_with_goats View Post
    Amen.

BUT... revival is about a man on his face before the Cross...

....and that man has to be me. Who's sin separates me from the Lord?

It is with that man every revival must begin.
    Agreed.
    "But we will give ourselves continually to prayer and the ministry of the word".
    Acts 6:4

"Preach continually, and when necessary use words".
    St Francis

Quote Originally Posted by Gentile View Post

I do believe revival can happen here again. It's happened before. We can certainly ask. And yea, Mr. Ravenhill was an awesome preacher.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Dear Gentile,
    I witnessed that kind of revival in Georgia 16 years ago. The revival was never planned but came about due to a handful of people praying and fasting for several weeks. Each person took a turn in the fast until it was his turn again. Everyday, someone was fasting while all prayed.
    A missionary-evangelist was boarding a plane for China when she felt compelled by God to get off the plane and go to this church in Georgia.
    I saw miracles change lives forever because a few people were diligent, disciplined, and sincere in simple fasting and prayer.

Thread Information