cure-real
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet" (Ps. 110:1)

Heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)

Re: "until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet" (Ps. 110:1)

Quote Originally Posted by knox knox View Post
    already but no longer in the right hand:
    Eph. 1:22-23 And hathput all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church.
    v.23 Which his body, the fullness of him that filleth all in all.
    Eph.2:5-6 Even when we where dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, ( by grace ye are saved.)
    v.6 And raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. (this I supposed to those who had already died but ascended with him.Col.3:4.
    Rev.3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I
    also overcame, and set down with my Father in his throne.
    What did you mean by "already but no longer in the right hand"? Jesus is still at the right hand of the Father and will be until the day of His return.

Quote Originally Posted by John146 View Post
    What did you mean by "already but no longer in the right hand"? Jesus is still at the right hand of the Father and will be until the day of His return.
    Brother John146,
    A good question, before the "Word" was made flesh; where was he with the Father? In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God.The same was in the beginning with God.
    Was the Word in right or in the left or somewhere else of God?
    John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; thy begotten Son which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. So, he was with God in thebosom of the
    Father.
    OP is Ps. 110:1 Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
    Heb.2:8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all
    in subjection under him he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see
    not yet all things put under him. So, it is clear that there is time constraint that he be sit on the right hand, and it is when the last enemy will be destroyed.
    1 Cor.15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroy is death.

John 6:62 What if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before.
    Rev, 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, am set down with my Father in his throne.
    Eph. 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all and through all, and in you all.

I think you're misunderstanding what it means that Jesus ascended to the "right hand" of God. It doesn't mean he was literally to the physical right side of God... God is a spirit being, he has no physical form, so Jesus couldn't literally be on his right (or his left). What it means that Jesus ascended to the "right hand" of God means that Jesus was elevated above all things, and received the authority of God. It means, in essence, that Jesus became the Father's "right hand man". It means that Jesus exercises all of the authority of the Father.

Jesus never gave up his authority. "Until" doesn't denote "up to this point and not beyond it". The word "until" means "at the very least up to this point, and even beyond it". When Jesus promised his Apostles that he would be with them even "until" the end of the age, he wasn't inferring that he wouldn't be with them beyond that point of time... merely that he would be with them at least up to that point of time, and even beyond it.

Quote Originally Posted by markedward View Post
    I think you're misunderstanding what it means that Jesus ascended to the "right hand" of God. It doesn't mean he was literally to the physical right side of God... God is a spirit being, he has no physical form, so Jesus couldn't literally be on his right (or his left). What it means that Jesus ascended to the "right hand" of God means that Jesus was elevated above all things, and received the authority of God. It means, in essence, that Jesus became the Father's "right hand man". It means that Jesus exercises all of the authority of the Father.

Jesus never gave up his authority. "Until" doesn't denote "up to this point and not beyond it". The word "until" means "at the very least up to this point, and even beyond it". When Jesus promised his Apostles that he would be with them even "until" the end of the age, he wasn't inferring that he wouldn't be with them beyond that point of time... merely that he would be with them at least up to that point of time, and even beyond it.
    Brother markedward,
    Either you or I maybe misunderstanding the right hand. Yes, I agree that Father had no physical form to have hand because God is Spirit, but can you give me a scripture that Jesus was made a right "hand man" of Father?
    About the word "untill" what was the meaning of this word? If I'm wrong in the meaning of "untill" so the Bible use the wrong word because till means- to the time of,
    up to the time or until which describe of a future tense.
    And your last sentence that when Jesus promised his Apostle that he would be with them beyond that point of time... merely that he would be witthem at least up to that point, and even beyond it. Do you not agree that Jesus was still in you.
    2 Cor.13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves.
    Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you,except ye be reprobates.

Quote Originally Posted by knox knox
    ...but can you give me a scripture that Jesus was made a right "hand man" of Father?
    I said "in essence". I was communicating an ancient Hebrew idiom (to be at one's right hand) with a modern equivalent (to be one's "right hand man"). Today, a person who is a "right hand man" has and exercises the authority of the one whom they are the "right hand man" of. Jesus was taken to God right hand, so, using a modern idiom, Jesus is God's "right hand man", because Jesus received and exercises all of the authority of God.

As to the word "until" or "till"... Scripture didn't use the wrong word. You're just reading into it with a more modern meaning. Just as the word "hope" now means something like "wish", but it used to mean "confident expectation", so also does "until" or "till" mean something like "up to a point in time but not beyond it", whereas it used to mean "up to a point in time and even beyond it". The point in time is simply a pivotal moment, not that it's inherently changing the condition in question.

Jesus rules "until" he delivers the kingdom to the Father. That doesn't mean he won't rule even after he delivers the kingdom to the Father, for Scripture clearly says that Jesus Christ rules alongside the Father even after Death is destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by markedward View Post
    I said "in essence". I was communicating an ancient Hebrew idiom (to be at one's right hand) with a modern equivalent (to be one's "right hand man"). Today, a person who is a "right hand man" has and exercises the authority of the one whom they are the "right hand man" of. Jesus was taken to God right hand, so, using a modern idiom, Jesus is God's "right hand man", because Jesus received and exercises all of the authority of God.

As to the word "until" or "till"... Scripture didn't use the wrong word. You're just reading into it with a more modern meaning. Just as the word "hope" now means something like "wish", but it used to mean "confident expectation", so also does "until" or "till" mean something like "up to a point in time but not beyond it", whereas it used to mean "up to a point in time and even beyond it". The point in time is simply a pivotal moment, not that it's inherently changing the condition in question.

Jesus rules "until" he delivers the kingdom to the Father. That doesn't mean he won't rule even after he delivers the kingdom to the Father, for Scripture clearly says that Jesus Christ rules alongside the Father even after Death is destroyed.
    Brother markedward,
    Thanks for your mild manner in explaining your wordings.I do appreciate your position and if so happen that we differ in the meaning of the topic, I pray that God teaches us and bring us truth.

Zech 14. Nations that do not do the lords will in the millenium denied rain. Death not destroyed until after the dragon has been released to test mankind at the end of the millenium. Heaven joins Earth at that time. Death then defeated. Isa 65:20 - 22. Death not defeated until after millenium so Christ does indeed rule in midst of his enemies.

As stated above, "right hand" in the NT, related to Jesus, isn't a location, as much as it is a statement of absolute authority. To be at the right-hand of the Father, is to be at the supreme level of authority with the Father.

However, I believe the NT useage of Jesus in regards to the Father's right hand is more intended for another reason.
    It is a validation and fulfillment of OT Messianic prophecies.

It is yet another example the NT writers gave us, pointing back to the OT, validating Jesus as the expected Messiah....just like the passages "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?" and "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me", and "Before Abraham was, IAM", and "I AM the bread of life that comes down from Heaven".

• Some OT Messianic examples of Jesus, "the Right Hand".
    • Exodus 15:6 "Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: [U]thy right hand, O LORD[/U], hath dashed in pieces the enemy."
    • Deut 33:2 "The LORD came from Sinai, and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them. Yea, he loved the people"
    • Job 40:9 "Hast thou an arm like God? I will also confess unto thee that thine own right hand can save thee."
    • Psalms 16:11 "Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."
    • Psalms 17:7 "Shew thy marvellous lovingkindness, O thou savest by thy right hand them which put their trust in thee"
    • Psalms 63:7 "Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice. My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me. "
    • Psalms 98:1 "O sing unto the LORD a new song; for he hath done marvellous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory. The LORD hath made known his salvation"
    • Psalms 118:16 "The right hand of the LORD is exalted: the right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly. I shall not die, but live"
    • Isaiah 53:1 "Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? "

Quote Originally Posted by richardjohn View Post
    Zech 14. Nations that do not do the lords will in the millenium denied rain. Death not destroyed until after the dragon has been released to test mankind at the end of the millenium. Heaven joins Earth at that time. Death then defeated. Isa 65:20 - 22. Death not defeated until after millenium so Christ does indeed rule in midst of his enemies.
    None of those scriptures teach a parenthetical millennium period after the Lord's return, but rather the scriptures teach that the dragon is destroyed at the Lord's Return, and Death also, is destroyed at the Lord's Return.

When the Lord return's; that's it. The dead are raised, the redeemed are glorified and united with Christ, and the wicked as well as death are cast into the eternal Lake of Fire.

No more second chances for unbelieving mortals after Jesus Returns.

Isaiah 26:21 "For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain. In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon"

Isaiah 24:23, 25:9 "Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously. And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations. He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it. And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation."

I Corinthians 15 "Christ's at his coming. Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. "

But this is a side-track, and should get back on track with the OP.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RogerW View Post
    Yes, until death is destroyed, not defeated. Christ has already defeated death, so when we are in Christ we too have already deafeated death. Because death is already defeated, we know that when He comes again death will be utterly destroyed. Physical death will continue in this age/generation/era/world/time etc. But physical death for those in Christ is glorious, for then we will be spiritually translated from this temporal age to the age to come; eternity.

1Co*15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
    Yep . . .

Thus, Jesus is King.

And if Jesus is King, He is Priest at the same time also--they go together:

Psalm 110
    4The LORD has sworn and will not change His mind,
    “You are a priest forever
    According to the order of Melchizedek.”
    Grace and peace,

Billy-brown 2

I Peter 1:25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Blog Entries

(a footnote . . .)

It seems that it is impossible to separate the Priest element of Jesus from the King element at all:

Zech. 6
    11“Take silver and gold, make an ornate crown and set it on the head of Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest.
    12“Then say to him, ‘Thus says the LORD of hosts,

“Behold, a man whose name is Branch, for He will branch out from where He is; and He will build the temple of the LORD.
    13“Yes, it is He who will build the temple of the LORD, and He who will bear the honor and sit and rule on His throne. Thus, He will be a priest on His throne, and the counsel of peace will be between the two offices.”’

Yep . . .
    Grace and peace,

Billy-brown 2

I Peter 1:25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

It took you three years to come up with a footnote? Lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChangedByHim View Post
    It took you three years to come up with a footnote? Lol
    LOL

Sometimes it works like that . . .

Grace and peace,

Billy-brown 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
    As stated above, "right hand" in the NT, related to Jesus, isn't a location, as much as it is a statement of absolute authority. To be at the right-hand of the Father, is to be at the supreme level of authority with the Father.

However, I believe the NT useage of Jesus in regards to the Father's right hand is more intended for another reason.
    It is a validation and fulfillment of OT Messianic prophecies.

It is yet another example the NT writers gave us, pointing back to the OT, validating Jesus as the expected Messiah....just like the passages "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?" and "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me", and "Before Abraham was, IAM", and "I AM the bread of life that comes down from Heaven".

• Some OT Messianic examples of Jesus, "the Right Hand".
    • Exodus 15:6 "Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: [U]thy right hand, O LORD[/U], hath dashed in pieces the enemy."
    • Deut 33:2 "The LORD came from Sinai, and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them. Yea, he loved the people"
    • Job 40:9 "Hast thou an arm like God? I will also confess unto thee that thine own right hand can save thee."
    • Psalms 16:11 "Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."
    • Psalms 17:7 "Shew thy marvellous lovingkindness, O thou savest by thy right hand them which put their trust in thee"
    • Psalms 63:7 "Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice. My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me. "
    • Psalms 98:1 "O sing unto the LORD a new song; for he hath done marvellous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory. The LORD hath made known his salvation"
    • Psalms 118:16 "The right hand of the LORD is exalted: the right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly. I shall not die, but live"
    • Isaiah 53:1 "Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? "
    Amen Dave! Problem arises in knowing the enemy. I never had to serve in the military, thank the Lord, and I pray for soldiers always for their safety, but I have a problem with the fact that the same banks that fund all their guns are the same banks that fund their opponents guns in bank loans.

Jesus shall reign until that last enemy is defeated, but in these end times, we must be aware of our foes and our allies. Anyone who has served our country in the military would know they are to know their enemy well. Back when you and I were kids, not so much you as more me, if we wanted to find something out, we looked in family's encyclopedia set that had annual book added each year. Real fun. Looking in KJV was real fun too, especially at the same time, learning of evolution as fact in school, and Santa brings presents, etc. Today, with google and wiki, there's absolutely no excuse for ignorance of any topic under the sun.

Bible said knowledge would increase. It sure did, but so did Satan's attacks with the boob tube, the sex, beer, violence, shopping, glamor, worldly attractions, you need this, you need this. Since 60s, TVs were in every home, dr office, people everywhere were memorized by these doctors, graduates of schools of higher learning, telling them more doctors smoke camel, and Fred Flintstone telling us Winston tastes good, like a cigarette should. John Prine wrote one of the best gospel tunes ever written, yet it was never sung in any church choir, said "Blow up your TV, throw away your papers, go into the country, build you a home. Plant a little garden, eat a lot of peaches, and try and find Jesus, on your own."

Point is, with the internet available at everyone's fingertips or 'click and click', and all the freely available downloads of bible study programs with concordance at click of finger, there is absolutely no excuse for ignorance in these last days.

But the Spirit says clearly that in later times some will be turned away from the faith, giving their minds to spirits of deceit, and the teachings of evil spirits, Through the false ways of men whose words are untrue, whose hearts are burned as with a heated iron; Who keep men from being married and from taking food which God made to be taken with praise by those who have faith and true knowledge. Because everything which God has made is good, and nothing is evil, if it is taken with praise: For it is made holy by the word of God and by prayer. If you keep these things before the minds of the brothers, you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, trained in the words of the faith and of the right teaching which has been your guide: But have nothing to do with unclean and foolish stories. Give yourself training in religion:
    (1Ti 4:1-7)BBE

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    1co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his (second) coming.
    1co 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
    1co 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
    1co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
    "Thou preparest a table before Me in the presence of mine enemies.", and that table sits right down front center of every so called Christian church house in existence. You actually become an enemy of the Lord just by participating at this table.

Thread Information