cure-real

Thread: Can't eject Ipod cause its files are being used in another application?

Blog Entries

Can't eject Ipod cause its files are being used in another application?

I used my son's Ipod to record a short video of my flower garden and now when I click to eject it off of iTunes it says it can't be ejected because its files are being used by another application. I logged off of facebook..which didn't help. Don't know what else to do...any ideas? I really can't damage this ..my son would be extremely upset with me!!

"People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Re: Can't eject Ipod cause its files are being used in another application?

Shut down iTunes and then shutdown the computer. That should do it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -SEEKING- View Post
    Shut down iTunes and then shutdown the computer. That should do it.
    I thought I couldn't eject it though without using iTunes to do so?
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

if you shut down your computer it shuts down the other apps that it is using which makes it able to be Ejected... i have had to do this before.

Blog Entries
    I just closed the iTunes program and after taking it off the cord it said it was ok to eject.. Its gotten stuck like that before and I just took the cord off..actually did that before I knew I wasn't suppose too when Nate first got it.. Seems to be fine. Thanks for your help though. I was nervous I had messed it up because I had used it to record a video. But it seems to be ok.

God bless

Quote Originally Posted by moonglow View Post
    I just closed the iTunes program and after taking it off the cord it said it was ok to eject.. Its gotten stuck like that before and I just took the cord off..actually did that before I knew I wasn't suppose too when Nate first got it.. Seems to be fine. Thanks for your help though. I was nervous I had messed it up because I had used it to record a video. But it seems to be ok.

God bless
    yeah besides dipping the Ipod in water... throwing it as hard as you could against a wall... shooting it with a gun... or like buring it with a lighter to see the pretty colours it turns as it melts... It actually is pretty hard to mess up an Ipod... the worst thing you might have to do is re set it to factory settings and re sync everything which is a pain in the butt but it will work fine after all that is done.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the sound View Post
    yeah besides dipping the Ipod in water... throwing it as hard as you could against a wall... shooting it with a gun... or like buring it with a lighter to see the pretty colours it turns as it melts... It actually is pretty hard to mess up an Ipod... the worst thing you might have to do is re set it to factory settings and re sync everything which is a pain in the butt but it will work fine after all that is done.
    I will make sure my son doesn't see this post...

We had to re-set it once..if I recall it wasn't very difficult. Anyway I did some more taping and plugged it into the computer which of course triggers iTunes to come up. I ejected it several times from iTunes with no trouble. Sometimes iTunes is the one that messes up..

Quote Originally Posted by moonglow View Post
    I will make sure my son doesn't see this post...

We had to re-set it once..if I recall it wasn't very difficult. Anyway I did some more taping and plugged it into the computer which of course triggers iTunes to come up. I ejected it several times from iTunes with no trouble. Sometimes iTunes is the one that messes up..
    I had this crazy thing happen with my Ipod once... I have a fairly new Ipod one of the 160 gigs ones. When i tryed to play a game on it. it told me the memory was full which at that point i had 50 gigs left. and then it just froze so i had to restart it and then it did it again. so i was like "great i have to buy a new one and that will take like six years for me to save up the cash for that" so i restarted it again and has worked fine since.

I know i ask a lot of questions. I am working days now and down to just one job so hopefully I'll be able to be on more often. But I was looking to see if there was any posts on ipods before starting one to see if they answered my questions. I am looking at getting a new mp3 player. I have a sansa fuze 4 gb now. well, its a 20 gb with the memory card. But I was looking at a new mp3 player since it is starting to act up. I have a 100 dollar gift card from my previous job that I quit recently that expires in november so i figured I could use it on the mp3 player or part of it anyways. But I was looking at the ipods. What are they like for players and for their sound quality. Are they decent players for what they are priced for? I've never owned an apple product. I was looking at the ipod nano 16gb or an ipod touch 16 or 32 gb but the touch I htink is a bit more expensive. i also saw Sony had a 16 gb mp3 player too. Costs less than the ipod. Amazon had a samsung galaxy mp3 player that was a 8gb. They discontinued making it so It's a used product. Not sure about buying used products online and if its a decent player. It's not a phone, they made mp3 players for awhile in that brand. Are anyone here familiar with these products and have any input?
    <a href=http://i77.photobucket.com/ albums/j70/Elsie_2006/hysterical.gif target=_blank>http://i77.photobucket.com/ albums/j...hysterical.gif</a>

Thread Information