cure-real

View Poll Results: Do You Believe that Male Gynecologists Are Wrong?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 9.09%
  • Not Sure/Undecided

2 6.06%
  • No

28 84.85%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Male Gynecologists and Christian Modesty

Re: Male Gynecologists and Christian Modesty

Quote Originally Posted by Private View Post

Normal female gynecologists don't get aroused by seeing naked women. You know how women don't struggle with seeing other women scantily dressed, but men do.
    And you know this how exactly? Would you, as a regular person whose job did not involve examinations of any kind, become aroused at viewing a males private parts in a clinical setting? Probably not - I know I sure wouldn't and I get aroused fairly easily (sorry if that's too much information). So why oh why would you suggest a male physician who has trained for years and acquired a level of professionalism (as one poster said, if you've seen one you've seen 'em all) would become aroused at seeing a woman up in stirrups? Good night Irene.

As far as stripping for surgery - there are things known as germs - they are carried on clothing and other materials. I would rather be naked and have a better chance of survival that be all, "Oh no, you might see something you shouldn't" and die of an infection. But hey - that's just me. I have NO desire to return to the 19th century.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhayes View Post
    And you know this how exactly? Would you, as a regular person whose job did not involve examinations of any kind, become aroused at viewing a males private parts in a clinical setting? Probably not - I know I sure wouldn't and I get aroused fairly easily (sorry if that's too much information). So why oh why would you suggest a male physician who has trained for years and acquired a level of professionalism (as one poster said, if you've seen one you've seen 'em all) would become aroused at seeing a woman up in stirrups? Good night Irene.
    Most women don't get aroused by seeing other women naked. Ask other women if they get aroused when they see other women naked in dressing room. Why is it that women and men have separate restrooms and dressing rooms?

If I were a nurse, I would not do any intimate procedures on male patients because that would go against my convictions. I feel I would disrespect my future husband and that man's wife or future wife even if I had no lustful thoughts. Women are much less likely to lust than men. Men have a harder time staying pure in thoughts when they see naked women.

You should check out what one doctor (I think he was a family practice doctor) said about how he gave up doing gynecological exams because he realized they were wrong at http://www.topix.com/forum/med/obste...FSG2JST/p4#c63. He also talks about how some of his male colleagues get aroused by doing intimate procedures on female patients.

As far as stripping for surgery - there are things known as germs - they are carried on clothing and other materials. I would rather be naked and have a better chance of survival that be all, "Oh no, you might see something you shouldn't" and die of an infection. But hey - that's just me. I have NO desire to return to the 19th century.
    This is a big misconception. Many people don't know the truth about germs in hospital. Let me share some information with you.

I feel that medical professionals wanting to strip certain patients naked is more for their own convenience. It is absolutely unnecessary in so many cases especially when you are having hand, wrist, and knee surgeries. A person could not have pants on for knee surgery of course. But they should at least have surgical or disposable shorts on and a shirt/gown to cover chest of a lady.

I read a story of one man who had a wrist reconstruction surgery took his shirt off and kept his pants on. He boldly told the nurses and doctor they better not take his pants off during surgery. He put a notch in his belt so he would know whether they ignored his wishes. The good news is his wishes were respected and the surgery went well. The germs off his pants didn't affect his surgery at all.

One of my friends got a terrible MRSA infection from having knee replacement surgery. The reason he got the infection was at least one of the nurses or doctors didn't wash their hands. Staph infections are often acquired in hospitals because some doctors and nurses are lazy about washing their hands. They often go from patient to patient without washing hands. Most people didn't have staph infections before they went to the hospital.

Hospital floors are often contaminated with many germs.In many cases, medical gowns are probably not much cleaner than street clothes. Think about how patients have to change into medical gowns in changing rooms that are full of germs. Also many patients don't wash their hands before putting on the medical gowns so their contaminated hands touch the medical gown. Can you guarantee that the person who takes the medical gowns out of the dryer at the hospital has clean hands?

Here's information one lady who has been very educated about germs in hospital shared with me:

Operating rooms can be kept sterile. What that entails is *everything* brought into the room first be sterilized, including shoes. Floors *could be* sterilized, but, in fact, are disinfected.

Hospital gowns given to put on in the changing area or a hospital room are not sterilized. They are merely *clean*. Normally, for outpatient surgery, a person is told to shower before coming in, and wear clean clothes. Even if they were sterile, as soon as they got into a nonsterile environment, such as the changing room or the hospital room, they would no longer be sterile. However, in cases of emergency or urgent surgery, one does not have the option of showering and wearing clean clothes ahead of time. For instance, last year when I had surgery to put a rod in a badly fractured leg, I certainly did not shower right before going to the hospital! My clothes had about a day's wear on them.

The surgery I had in October was scheduled in advance, so I did have the instructions to shower and wear clean clothes. It was the same as another surgery I had years ago which was planned in advance, and I kept on my cotton underwear and cotton socks. I'm not sure what the importance of cotton is, but they insist upon it. This is even though most surgical uniforms are made of a cotton/polyester blend.

Skin simply CANNOT be sterilized. It can be disinfected, as they often do around a surgical incision. But, there are germs on the patient's skin. To remove them would kill the patient.

Also, as soon as they begin surgery, everything is no longer sterile, as the patient's body is not sterile, plus the reason for the surgery may be specifically to remove, clean, debrid (scrape off), some part of the body. For instance, if one is getting an appendectomy, by definition they will be cutting into the digestive tract, nearly always into an organ known to be infected!

There are PLENTY of airborn pathogenic germs in the air in hospitals! Even if everything were brought into the operating room sterile, it would not stay that way long if air from the hospital were circulated through without sterilizing it. That is done in cleanrooms. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleanroom The point is that the technology exists, and works. It's just that hospitals do not use it, preferring their own definition of "clean" and "sterile". I suppose this means that computer memory and drives are more "important" than are hospital patients. Or, taking my dollar-analysis into this realm, if a computer component fails because of contamination, it is returned to the company to be fixed, replaced, and the company may be liable for consequential damages to the customer. All of these cost the computer company money, and they go to great lengths to minimize its occurrence. If a patient gets ill or infected from a contamination during surgery, that just brings them back for more treatments, medications, and surgeries. They make more money.

People will be in the operating room breathing. This too makes the air unsterile. The doctors, nurses, anesthesiologist, and the patient all breathe. The more people, the higher the chances of them breathing a harmful bacteria, germ, virus, or whatever else. The people in the operating room wear these little paper or cloth masks which were shown to be ineffective for preventing Spanish Flu, or even colds or seasonal flu. It will keep droplets of spittle off of the patient. People in the cleanrooms wear a special suit with headgear. In higher-class cleanrooms, they even have their own air supply, and filter and ventilation system - the same as a suit worn undersea or in space.

There are larger numbers of dangerous pathogens in hospitals. Quite simply, that is where sick people are. They HAVE such things as MRSA, strep, staph (including MRSA), antibiotic-resistant bacteria of all sorts. I mentioned it before because those are not the sorts of things you want your newborn infant exposed to!

Not to mention the number of medical and surgical equipment that is "outsourced" to be cleaned and sterilized, and sometimes comes back visually dirty. Is it really so difficult for them to clean the instruments, use the hospital sterilizer (hardly more than a dishwasher, really - that just has a hotter dry cycle)?

You should check out what one doctor (I think he was a family practice doctor) said about how he gave up doing gynecological exams because he realized they were wrong at http://www.topix.com/forum/med/obste...FSG2JST/p4#c63.
    That was an anonymous comment: there's no way of knowing if it was actually by a doctor, let alone how accurate it is.

I feel that medical professionals wanting to strip certain patients naked is more for their own convenience.
    I'm disturbed at these rather uninformed blanket attacks on medicine in general. Are you trying to talk people out of going to hospital? Why?

To take just one point, there are several reasons why hospital gowns are used: they allow quick access if things go wrong during surgery (there is always an element of risk when general anesthesia is used, or in any kind of childbirth); hospital gowns are a lot cleaner than the average person's street clothes; hospital gowns don't shed fibres which might get into an incision and cause problems.

Blog Entries

I am certainly no doctor, but have been on many OB/GYN related medical calls that covered everything from hemorrhage to childbirth to severe trauma. As a matter of fact, I had to do an quick "look" on a trauma patient this past week. On any trauma, one of the first things we do when we get the patient in the truck is to cut off all of their clothes. If a female is having a heart attack and requires CPR, the first thing I am going to do is expose her breasts (so I can put the electrodes on). I can honestly say that not once have I ever thought "Wow. I am really enjoying this." or "She's hot!" EMS as well as doctors tend to be very mechanical about the whole "examination thing". I don't want to spend anymore time "down there" than I absolutely have to. I just really can't for the life of me imagine why this would be an issue...

IF this is truly a modesty thing, what would you do if you have an OB/GYN emergency (severe bleeding, childbirth, etc.) and two male medics showed up???
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

My thoughts on this is pretty simple. The only male I would want "down there" would be my husband. Those are MY private parts... not to be shown to another male except my husband. But that is just me
    Why are you searching for love? Why are you still looking as if I'm not enough?

Blog Entries

What would you do in an emergency?

You are now married, you have just given birth to a child. Something goes horribly wrong and you start bleeding profusely. Your husband calls 911 and two male medics show up at your door. Now what?

Do you refuse and most likely die leaving your husband to scramble trying to raise your newborn???
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

I may have felt the same way when I was much younger, however when I was in labor, I wouldn't have cared who looked at me down there, I was in PAIN!

Jeanne

"He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it". ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

"If we ever forget that we are ONE NATION UNDER GOD, then we will be a nation gone under" ~ Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne D View Post
    I may have felt the same way when I was much younger, however when I was in labor, I wouldn't have cared who looked at me down there, I was in PAIN!

Jeanne
    That is exactly what my wife says. Of course, I think everybody in the county came by and took a look when she was in labor.

I'd really like to know who all these guys are who are less concerned for their wives health than they are for their genital viewing exclusivity agreement. When it comes to the health of a vagina or a breast, I'm not an expert, so I trust my wife's health to whomever she feels is most qualified. That person might have a penis, or they might have a vagina... I frankly don't care. The only thing I care about is that they come equipped with the know-how.

If they're stupid enough to be inappropriate during an examination, I'll happily sue them into the 14th sphere of oblivion. If they wait until they get home to frantically abuse themselves fantasizing about my wife, then that's on their conscience, not ours. The net effect is it hasn't effected us in the least and my wife is healthier for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Missionary View Post
    That is exactly what my wife says. Of course, I think everybody in the county came by and took a look when she was in labor.
    LOL I hear that! It seemed like everyone and their brother (in Las Vegas) came by to have a look!

Jeanne

"He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it". ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

"If we ever forget that we are ONE NATION UNDER GOD, then we will be a nation gone under" ~ Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries

(as one poster said, if you've seen one you've seen 'em all)
    One word and it need not go further than this... HAMBURGER.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Missionary View Post
    One word and it need not go further than this... HAMBURGER.
    A memory that will live in your visual mind forever.

I don't let people examine me. I let the Word of God do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JesusMySavior View Post
    I don't let people examine me. I let the Word of God do it for me.
    What on earth does that mean?

Private: I think you have a very limited view of men in general and male gynecologists in particular. Nine times out of ten, they really aren't concerned with the sexual ramifications of the exam. They are looking for the purpose of ascertaining whether you are healthy, not for sexual pleasure, as is the case with the magazines you mentioned.

Men do not think of sex all the time, like tvs tuned to a singular station. They are complete human beings; they have failings and faults, like women (who, by the by, are just as lustful as men, it's just couched differently; men don't have the market on lust by a long shot) do. Most male doctors aren't looking at their female patient's body as some kind of living 'men's magazine' shot while they're examining them.

However, if you, personally, are not comfortable with it, don't do it -- just realize that in an emergency situation, you will not have a choice at all; I'd really try not to be so rigid in the seeking of purity, if I were you. There's such a thing as taking it too far -- and you're way, way past that line, condemning a whole group of people with very little factual evidence to go on.

And yes, I have been examined by male doctors, and found it no more bothersome than with a female doctor. Both make me uncomfortable, but I do it anyway, because embarrassment is more easily cured than disease.

Thread Information