cure-real

Thread: Saying hello.

Smile Saying hello.

I'd like to start with I am not a Christian but lately I have been feeling a real need to find who I am, where I came from and my true life purpose. I have tried many things. Relationships, career, self help and many more but my search has lead me to Christ and the Bible.
    My friends and family think I'm crazy but I honestly believe that Jesus was really fully human and fully God. Not a god but GOD. The more I read and learn, the more I am sure that only He can fill this huge void I have inside. I can't even put words to the empty feeling. It's just a feeling of being lost and my life in general being futile.
    I have trouble understanding some things I read so I scoured the internet for some answers and came across this site. With joining I have the hope of meeting some that are more seasoned and wise in the knowledge of Christ and are able to answer some of my questions and steer me in the right direction.

Re: Saying hello.

Hi there, Mrs. and welcome to the board! This is indeed a place of wonderful fellowship peopled with many wise and steady Christians.

If you have come to the realization that Jesus Christ is the Great "I AM", then you have come a long, long way.

As an aside, the way I describe to people the "knowing" I was saved was the vast hole I had that all else failed to fill was finally filled, the void was filled to overflowing and I was made complete. Your post made me smile inside and out.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you better!
    V

Hey Mrs, so glad you're here. Welcome.
    If you're looking for answers you've come to the right place. So many loving Christians here who love to share their experiences with folks just like you. At some point we all were where you are. Feeling lost, lonley confused. It's a scary place to be. Know that Jesus is with you, even if you don't know it yet yourself, he's right there with you. Keep calling for him, he'll make himself known to you. I'm so glad you're here and hope you will come back often. God Bless.
    "The greatest single cause of atheism in the
    world today is Christians, who acknowledge Jesus
    with their lips then walk out the door and deny
    Him by their lifestyles. That is what
    an unbelieving world simply
    finds unbelievable."

~ Brennan Manning

Thank you both for the welcome and I'm looking forward to digging in around the forum.

Blog Entries

We're glad to have you here, Mrs! And I'm sure you will find all kinds of answers here. Keep in mind that we are from all over the world, and we come from different backgrounds and different beliefs, but you let someone need prayer and we are quick to rally around them and pray.

We discuss. We debate. but we do try to keep it all friendly, even when we disagree with a certain view.

I too look forward to knowing you better! WELCOME!
    My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Welcome........
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Thread Information