cure-real

Thread: hello

hello

Hello, I am new to this site. I lost my husband on April 24 of this year. He was only 54 years old and passed very quickly from cancer. My closest family member is over 500 mile away. My grief is still very new and the lonliness is unbearable.
    I am a Christian, but I have no idea why God has allowed this to happen. Everyday is a struggle.
    I am hoping to be able to make some new friends here, and maybe get some answers or insight into what has happened.

Re: hello

Good to meet you, redwind, and welcome to the board. I'm sorry to know of the abrupt loss of your husband and you certainly have my prayer.

I'm also sure you will meet many like-minded friends here who will walk with you in your present struggles.

See you around and Lord Bless.

Hey and welcome! I'm sorry for your loss, this is a great place to find support from fellow christians :0)

Welcome...I cant fathom your pain but I can fathom up all of my compassion for you...It will get better...I know, knowing that does nothing for the pain right now ...but know for sure that you are loved by more then just your immediate family...we are all family in Christ....Hang in there Sister...I hurt for you.

Scott
    "Relationships are everything to me...everything else in life are just tools to enhance them"

Quote Originally Posted by redwind View Post
    Hello, I am new to this site. I lost my husband on April 24 of this year. He was only 54 years old and passed very quickly from cancer. My closest family member is over 500 mile away. My grief is still very new and the lonliness is unbearable.
    I am a Christian, but I have no idea why God has allowed this to happen. Everyday is a struggle.
    I am hoping to be able to make some new friends here, and maybe get some answers or insight into what has happened.
    I too am sorry for your loss. I will pray for our Father to ease your pain. Now your closest family member is as far as your computer. We're all your brothers and sisters in Christ. Please come here often and let us know how you are doing. There are some great forums here for councilig, prayer or to just get stuff off your chest - and many are in the same walk as you right now. God Bless and stay strong. Welcome to our family.
    "The greatest single cause of atheism in the
    world today is Christians, who acknowledge Jesus
    with their lips then walk out the door and deny
    Him by their lifestyles. That is what
    an unbelieving world simply
    finds unbelievable."

~ Brennan Manning

Welcome........
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words of encouragement. It has been a rough few weeks; Friday Oct 1 would have been our 12th wedding anniversary. My husband always made it such a special day for me. I miss him so much! I am trying so hard to trust God; It has been difficult for me to read the Bible or even pray. I am 51 and I have been a Christian since I was 11 years old; so I know my faith is still there, it is just a little hard to trust and believe right now. We really believed that God was going to give us more time. We both prayed and would not allow ourselves to even think about the possibility of death. I sort of feel like our faith robbed us of the chance to say "goodbye". I know that sounds terrible; but is is the only way to describe what I feel.
    thanks again for listening

Thread Information