cure-real

Thread: Hello

Smile Hello

Hi. I'm MamaG with the G being the first initial of my name. I live in Mississippi (northern part) and am a wife and mother. I have been married for almost 24 years and have a 22-year-old and 15-year-old son. I am a WAHM doing medical transcription. I love God more than words can express. I am very active in our local Church of God church. I am originally from Louisiana and was a Catholic (in name only, certainly not devout) until moving to MS. I received salvation while attending an Assembly of God Church after moving to MS. I have a very, very long history to turmoil and have spent most of my life sweeping it under the rug. I have a long past of being a very ugly person. I have a long history of terrible health problems. I just have a horrible history! LOL But I rather focus on who I am today in Christ. I am currently attending counseling with a Christian counselor (who is a God-send) and learning how to let these bondages go and let God heal me. My mother and 93-year-old great aunt live with my husband, myself, and my 15-year-old. This past two years have been tough. Within nine months' time, my father-in-law and father were both diagnosed with terminal cancer within the same week, my son became engaged, my father-in-law died, my son got married, my father died, my husband's grandma died, my son left for Iraq, and my siblings alienated me. I could tell of time and time again God has delivered me, healed me, and just "showed out" by the magnificent things He does, but I am having a hard time getting past those nine months.

Working at home, I tend to be secluded from the world. I have multiple health issues, most due to weight, and sometimes just feel secluded from the world. I battled thoughts in myself about joining a forum because I also have a history of inappropriate internet chat. I have been delivered from that for over 12 years now, but I think it is like alcoholism. You just never completely forget where you came from and where you are now.

With all that said, I am hoping to find interesting conversation about Bible studies, spiritual growth, and just all around praise about who God is. I love my Savior with every ounce of my being and I thank God that He has set me free and delivered me from the snare of the fowler. I love that old song...without Him I could do nothing!

Re: Hello

Great to meet you MamaG and welcome to the board. I greatly enjoyed your intro and appreciate your testimony.

Looking very forward to your presence here with us and a prayer for your family.

I once, years ago live in a timely hamlet called Mount Pleasant, Mississippi, and commuted to Memphis, where I worked at the time. Just loved Mississippi.

Be seeing you around and Lord Bless

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum MamaG. We're so glad to have you here.

Welcome aboard MamaG! Great to have you.
    "The greatest single cause of atheism in the
    world today is Christians, who acknowledge Jesus
    with their lips then walk out the door and deny
    Him by their lifestyles. That is what
    an unbelieving world simply
    finds unbelievable."

~ Brennan Manning

Welcome........
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Very happy to have you here!
    Thanks for sharing your testimony.
    I'm sorry for the losses you have suffered.
    May God bless and comfort you always, T

Thread Information