cure-real

Thread: Good News Bible online

Blog Entries

Good News Bible online

In case you'd like to read and study this more modern version of the bible here is a link:

http://www.biblegateway.com/versions...ion-GNT-Bible/

Re: Good News Bible online

I checked through some passages to weigh it's accuracy... and I find it changing words, adding words, removing words. My personal opinion is that it's a mediocre translation, on par with the NLT, not as good as the NIV, not as bad as The Message, but definitely not worth using as an in-depth study Bible. Maybe a version to use solely for younger individuals or newer Christians in order to understand the general idea of certain passages easier... but I think it's something more mature Christians would do well without.

My church used to hand out Good news bibles to us when we were third graders, this kept on until our most recent pastor came, and switched it to a study student bible due to not liking the Good News bible. I never really used the good news bible outside of church, only in sunday school or confirmation. I still have it though, maybe i'll goo through it to see hte differences.

Quote Originally Posted by markedward View Post
    I checked through some passages to weigh it's accuracy... and I find it changing words, adding words, removing words. My personal opinion is that it's a mediocre translation, on par with the NLT, not as good as the NIV, not as bad as The Message, but definitely not worth using as an in-depth study Bible. Maybe a version to use solely for younger individuals or newer Christians in order to understand the general idea of certain passages easier... but I think it's something more mature Christians would do well without.
    I click on there and I observed and agree wih the findings of markedward that some words had been removed.Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by markedward View Post
    I think it and the NIV and The Message are all about on par with each other.

In the slave pits of manmade Christianity, setting the captives free.

The Message is NOT a translation. It is a paraphrase, and has never been promulgated or promoted otherwise. To condemn it for not being a translation is error.

The NIV is fine, but not my favorite.

Thread Information