cure-real

Thread: Finding Faith

Finding Faith

Hi,

My name is Cassie and I've just joined because I've been thinking about religion a lot lately.

I was raised in a non-religious environment and although I had a good upbringing I have been reading a few blogs lately written by Christians and I'm finding myself strongly drawn towards their beliefs and lifestyles. I decided to give myself some time to think things over and then something happened last night which I've sort of taken as a sign (and since deciding that that was a sign, something else has happened as a result which makes me even more certain).

I'd like to learn more about the faith and I think I need some one or some people to help me. There isn't really anywhere I could go where I live so I thought someone online might be able to help me.

I've never read the Bible but I want to, I just don't know where to begin. I have looked at it before and I know that there are programmes you can follow which help you to learn it gradually but I wouldn't know which ones are best.

I'm planning on starting a blog for myself to document my journey and I'd love to hear from anyone who would be interested in guiding me.

Thank you,

Cassie

Re: Finding Faith

Welcome to the forum Cassie. You might want to check out Christians Answer. That's a good place to start.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the board! Yes! Go to the Christians Answer forum and please feel comfortable to ask anything!
    Praying for you!
    .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Hi Cassie,

I praise God for seeking after him. For some, they can burn out when researching the faith of Jesus the Christ, and they can be confused and disoriented by the different groups and teachings... but I hope you are patient to endure through all that, and understand that although many of us disagree on secondary things, we agree on the important issues. The Christians Answer section of the forum is provided for non-Christians to pose questions or difficulties to the forum's Christian users, so feel free to ask anything that's on your mind.

Cassie, I'm so glad you are here and you're seeking Christ!
    As the others have said, the Christian answers forum is very helpful.
    I look forward to getting to know you here on the forums,
    Blessings, T

Hi again Cassey, we/ve already met in CA, but just wanted to welcome you in here as well. So glad you are here!
    "The greatest single cause of atheism in the
    world today is Christians, who acknowledge Jesus
    with their lips then walk out the door and deny
    Him by their lifestyles. That is what
    an unbelieving world simply
    finds unbelievable."

~ Brennan Manning

Welcome........
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Hello Cassie,

Welcome to the forum. I would recommend starting in the the New Testament. God Bless You in your search.
    [Whacks me on head with hat when I misbehave]

"What then? ſhal we ſinne, becauſe we are not vnder the Law, but vnder grace? God forbid."

Romaines vi.15 - 1560 Geneva Bible

Blog Entries

Hi Cassie and welcome
    "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."

in all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will make your paths straight.

Many are the afflictions of the righteous; But Jehovah delivereth him out of them all.

Thread Information