cure-real
Page 1 of 17 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The 70th week: Fulfilled, unfulfilled?

The 70th week: Fulfilled, unfulfilled?

In one sentence, has the 70th week been fulfilled or does it remain unfulfilled?
    If you believe that a portion of the week remains unfulfilled, please state the number of years remaining and what they involve..Please keep it short...

IMHO, the last week remains unfulfilled...

Blog Entries

Re: The 70th week: Fulfilled, unfulfilled?

Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
    (Dan 9:24)

All of those things were fulfilled at the cross. What could possibly have been left out?

Raybob

Blog Entries

Definitely fulfilled! No years remaining. No 'stopped clock.' No gap between weeks.
    "Your name and renown
    is the desire of our hearts."
    (Isaiah 26:8)

Quote Originally Posted by seeker_truth View Post
    In one sentence, has the 70th week been fulfilled or does it remain unfulfilled?
    If you believe that a portion of the week remains unfulfilled, please state the number of years remaining and what they involve..Please keep it short...

Unfulfilled. The book of Revelation give in detail what will happen during this 7 year period. Don't know when it will begin.
    BelieversNotes.com - Bible Study Notes
    End Times - The Days We Live in Short Video

For it is better that he say to you, 'Come up here,' Than that you should be put lower in the presence of the prince, Whom your eyes have seen. ~ Proverbs 25:7

Fulfilled. No examples anywhere of God putting a gap in any time prophecies. Why would he do it in this one?

I think the time period has expired; the 70 weeks have run their course. And I think the items in Daniel 9:24 have been bought and paid for at the cross, have not come to complete fruition, but remain like a plan that has been set in motion. I anticipate, for instance, a time of righteousness which is more centrally focused on the eternal by each and everyone of us whom the Lord will save.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybob View Post
    Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
    (Dan 9:24)

All of those things were fulfilled at the cross. What could possibly have been left out?

Raybob
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberseeker View Post
    Definitely fulfilled! No years remaining. No 'stopped clock.' No gap between weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSolid View Post
    Fulfilled. No examples anywhere of God putting a gap in any time prophecies. Why would he do it in this one?
    I go along with the fulfilled gang!

Heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)

I believe it was fulfilled because the things mentioned in verse 24, such as the making an end of sins, finishing the transgression and making reconciliation for iniquity, had to do with Christ's sacrifice to take away their sins and reconcile them to God (along with the Gentiles).

Quote Originally Posted by John146 View Post
    I believe it was fulfilled because the things mentioned in verse 24, such as the making an end of sins, finishing the transgression and making reconciliation for iniquity, had to do with Christ's sacrifice to take away their sins and reconcile them to God (along with the Gentiles).
    I think some people would say that sins haven't been "ended". That is, while the cross has ended sins in the legal sense, we don't see the cessation of sin yet in our world. What do you make of that?

Jesus fulfilled the first half of the 70th week and his disciples fulfilled the last half.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckrl View Post
    Jesus fulfilled the first half of the 70th week and his disciples fulfilled the last half.
    I agree with you.

Heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)

Quote Originally Posted by BroRog View Post
    I think some people would say that sins haven't been "ended". That is, while the cross has ended sins in the legal sense, we don't see the cessation of sin yet in our world. What do you make of that?
    Well, if it was speaking of the literal end of sin in the world then the prophecy would not be completely fulfilled until the last day of the world as we know it. If the 70th week ended upon Christ's return, as some believe, then the literal end of sin at the end of the 70th week would be a problem for premil, but not for amil. So, I'm curious as to how premils would try to reconcile their view if they see it as speaking of the literal end of sin.

Fulfilled, it is past.

IMO, the latter half of the 70th week (as we read in Dan. 9) has yet to be fulfilled,
    but as for the first half:
    For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth.
    -- Job 19:25

Blog Entries

Unfullfilled. None of the "weeks" has yet started.

Thread Information