cure-real
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the dumbest way you've ever injured yourself?

What's the dumbest way you've ever injured yourself?

I used to work at a military arsenal where the did explosives testing. My building was not far from the quary where munitions were frequently detonated. Once I reached to answer the phone and just as I was bringing it to my ear; BOOM! a giant explosion. Well my arm jerked and I punched myself in the face with the handset. Had a shiner for a week.

What's the dumbest way you've ever injured yourself?
    "The greatest single cause of atheism in the
    world today is Christians, who acknowledge Jesus
    with their lips then walk out the door and deny
    Him by their lifestyles. That is what
    an unbelieving world simply
    finds unbelievable."

~ Brennan Manning

Blog Entries

Re: What's the dumbest way you've ever injured yourself?

I was watching cookies bake. I fell back off of the balls of my feet and busted my head open on the open dishwasher door. 8 stitches.

I am sure I will remember something FAR more stupid. When I do, I will post it.
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Missionary View Post
    I was watching cookies bake. I fell back off of the balls of my feet and busted my head open on the open dishwasher door. 8 stitches.

I am sure I will remember something FAR more stupid. When I do, I will post it.

Too Late.........

I pulled a muscle and strained my neck because of a Palmetto Bug......I hate those things.

dawson-crying.jpg

Using an Ice pick to break ice on my lap
    If Satan can keep us busy swinging our swords at one another, there is no hope of a united attack on the kingdom of darkness. KJV, NIV, ESV or ABCDEFG; there is no time to bicker over such things. We'll devour each other if allowed to continue. We should grab the marching orders written in the way we best understand and get to work.

Andrew_no_one

I sprained my ankle on a moon-bounce at the after-prom.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Sword View Post
    Using an Ice pick to break ice on my lap
    We long to be known and we fear it like nothing else.
    Most people live with subtle dread that one day,
    they will be discovered for who they really are,
    and the world will be appalled.
    - Curtis, Brent and John Eldredge,
    The Sacred Romance: Drawing Closer to the Heart of God

The joy is not in hiding, the joy is in being found.
    - David Terry

My Testimony

Last year I was on the floor wrapping Christmas gifts.I must've been on the floor for a couple of hours,I couldn't feel my legs,they were numb.So I lifted myself slowly,then I pushed up hard.Pop,pop,pop,I pulled a groin muscle.

Then there was the time I was playing with a Pit Bull.I was seeing how high he could jump,I was holding a piece of wood in my hand.He could jump pretty high,got the board and my thumb.Ouch!

Blog Entries

OK... I remembered another one.

When I was a kid, I postulated that if you could seal the end of the barrel of a BB gun preventing air movement, the BB would not come out of the barrel. What did I use? My finger. It turns out that I did not understand that air compressed at a high rate at 8 years old. The BB embedded itself in the end of my left index finger. I had to cut it out.
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

The Home of the Airborne and Special Operations Forces

On my 2nd Iraq deployment, my detachment and I were going through the dwelling place of a known, uh, bad guy, when one of my soldiers spotted a file cabinet. Since this particular group of bad guys were not dummies and the cabinet was prominently displayed out in the open, we all figured it would be trapped. Rather than, you know, wait for someone who was specifically trained for this sort of thing, I told my guys to get out of the way and sauntered up to the cabinet. Since I was qualified to handle and set the things, I figured that was exactly the same thing as disarming them. I was rifling around the thing when I felt a catch being released and dove to the ground in time to catch shrapnel in my hand, arm, and shoulder; would have been worse if I didn't dive. That was pretty stupid overall and my guys wouldn't stop laughing once they realized I was fine
    The minstrel boy to the war is gone,
    In the ranks of death ye will find him;
    His father's sword he hath girded on,
    And his wild harp slung behind him;
    "Land of Song!" said the warrior bard,
    "Tho' all the world betray thee,
    One sword, at least, thy rights shall guard,
    One faithful harp shall praise thee!

Two words: Nunchucks and groin.

Blog Entries

I've tried thinking of something dumb I've done to hurt myself and can't really pinpoint one.
    I can come up wit all kinds of things I've done that had grave potential.

Blog Entries

Not something I personally did, but a Darwin award nominee. Apparently two guys from Alabama wanted to play catch but didn't have a ball so they improvised. Unfortunately (for them) they improvised with a passing rattlesnake. Needless to say the rattlesnake took a fairly dim view of being used as a ball....
    24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
    I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
    I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
    1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Well, I have had my share of hitting my fingers with a hammer, and slamming them in the car door. I even fell off a horse once.
    I did cause my younger brother to be injured in a dumb way. I was playing the "see food" game. I opened my mouth and he saw food, got grossed out, turned, tripped and fell hitting his head on the kitchen table. He got 5 stitches.
    You might be a dog lover if...
    You have more dog toys in your bed than people.

By hitting the wrong nail with a hammer.
    [Whacks me on head with hat when I misbehave]

"What then? ſhal we ſinne, becauſe we are not vnder the Law, but vnder grace? God forbid."

Romaines vi.15 - 1560 Geneva Bible

Thread Information