Page 1 of 16 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What If, in our near future, a third temple was built, in Jerusalem?

Blog Entries

What If, in our near future, a third temple was built, in Jerusalem?

As believers, we are the Temple of God..No need for discussion..

However, there are Jews throughout the world, especially in Israel, who wait, work, and hope for the appearing of Messiah..And, who also believe that a temple must be built, before Messiah will appear..

So, IF a third temple is built on the Temple Mount, lets say, humm, within the next three years, would this invoke the judgment of God?

For many Jews, to have such a love and longing for their Messiah, they must and will achieve their desire.

IMHO, I believe there will be a temple, and judgment.

Blog Entries

Re: What If, in our near future, a third temple was built, in Jerusalem?

Personally I believe one will be built but it will be a curse and a snare to Jews and a shame and a disgrace to misguided Christians who encourage it.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker_truth
    ... would this invoke the judgment of God?
    On Christians who support it? Yes.

On Jews who seek atonement it it? Yes.
    "Your name and renown
    is the desire of our hearts."
    (Isaiah 26:8)

If one was built, I don't think anything would happen

Blog Entries

Cyberseeker, Maybe I should make this a bit more clear...As believers, we are the Temple of God..I thought that was understood..

Also, I doubt that a Christian or a Messianic would want to encourage the building of anything that would insight the judgment of God...

Cyberseeker, This was a question that dealt with non believers, specifically Jews, who fail to recognize Jesus, the suffering Messiah, as the Messiah they look for. Thus, they seek to build a temple, and reinstate animal sacrifice.

You stated, "Personally I believe one will be built but it will be a curse and a snare to Jews"

Have you an opinion as to what type of curse or curses will occur? Did the Lord ever mention anything in scripture that would apply here?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christseeker View Post
    If one was built, I don't think anything would happen

Christseeker, Do you believe that the Lord is no longer concerned with the nation of Israel?

There will be a temple during the millenial reign. Zech 14 makes that clear. When it is constructed is open for debate to a degree. I believe that the temple will be built during the tribulation or perhaps at the immediately before the tribulation begins.

I believe that the abomination of desolation will be repeated by antichrist in this temple.

I do not understand how believers being the temple of God precludes the construction of an earthly temple in Jerusalem. We celebrate memorials of Gods great acts like the communion but that does not diminish the significance of the actual event.

For the cause of Christ
    Roger

If a temple was built in the next three years, it would necessitate the previous destruction of the Dome of the Rock and the Al-Aqsa Mosque, in which case, the Muslims would retaliate and blow the temple up. It would never be used in peace, because every "radical" Muslim would be doing his very hardest work to destroy it.

I saw something on TV not long ago about a devout Muslim wanting to see the temple rebuild next to the Dome of the Rock. There is interest in seeing something like this come to fruition because it is The Palace of Solomon. Here is a link from a quick search on Google…However, this is not the clip I saw that caught my eye.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=106055

However, having the temple rebuild would make sense for Muslims. If they could control the temple mount area with a Temple is in place then they could conceivably control the Mecca for all three major religions across the globe. And someone with a conquering spirit would want to do exactly this.

Another interesting fact that many Jewish leaders have discovered is that the actual Temple can possibly be built aside the Dome because the Dome is not on the original foundation of the temple or at least some think this. They found great foundation stones when tunneling on some excavation about 2 years ago. When they found the great stones they stopped their work, but it did shed light to the original placement of the Temple, and perhaps it may be located just beside the Dome of the rock without the destruction of it.

Also personally I do not think the rebuilding of the temple would invoke the judgment of God. Jewish people have for years held the remaining Temple stones as Holy ground. Many come to pray to God and bring as much honor as they can to him. I think any Honor given to God is a good thing, and he would look kindly on it. However, I think the AoD standing in the temple trying to bring dishonor to God would invoke a strong reaction from the Lord. Christ got upset by people turning God’s temple into a den of thieves. So if someone decided to turn the temple mount area into a bad thing, God’s judgment will probably ensue.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by markedward View Post
    If a temple was built in the next three years, it would necessitate the previous destruction of the Dome of the Rock and the Al-Aqsa Mosque, in which case, the Muslims would retaliate and blow the temple up. It would never be used in peace, because every "radical" Muslim would be doing his very hardest work to destroy it.
    Oh yea..I agree...a major war would break out. The temple has to be built where the Dome of Rock is now..a Muslim mosque..just image that happening! It would be world war three...

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moonglow View Post
    Oh yea..I agree...a major war would break out. The temple has to be built where the Dome of Rock is now..a Muslim mosque..just image that happening! It would be world war three...

God bless
    Yep . . a "holy" war . . .

(But of course, it will never happen . . .)
    Grace and peace,

Billy-brown 2

I Peter 1:25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

God bless
    The peace that antichrist promises will not be a lasting peace but will lead to war which precedes to the Lords return.

For the cause of Christ
    Roger

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by notuptome View Post
    The peace that antichrist promises will not be a lasting peace but will lead to war which precedes to the Lords return.

For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    I know that is your belief and many others but what I am saying is war would break out BEFORE any temple could be built because the Muslims would not stand by and allow their mosque to be destroyed. They would never agree to that either..

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

I know that is your belief and many others but what I am saying is war would break out BEFORE any temple could be built because the Muslims would not stand by and allow their mosque to be destroyed. They would never agree to that either..

God bless
    Antichrist comes to power because he is able to mediate a peace whereby the muslims and Jews will live together and the Jews get to have their temple.

Things which seem impossible to man are possible to God.

For the cause of Christ
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by seeker_truth View Post

Christseeker, Do you believe that the Lord is no longer concerned with the nation of Israel?
    That's what I believe yes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by markedward View Post
    The Temple Institute has drafted a plan for a third temple that will be built next to the Dome of the Rock. The area of land that they hope to build on is a bit to small for an outer court, which could explain Rev. 11:1-2.

"And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
    But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months."

Thread Information