cure-real

Thread: God's purpose in memory

Question God's purpose in memory

Hey I am doing a paper on memory, and one of my paragraphs talks about why God designed memory and for what purpose. He doesnt create anything that doesnt somehow glorify Him right? I couldnt find any verses answering this question, nor could I think of any biblical principles that deal with this. Could anyone help me out? I'd love some scripture and opinions. preferably opinions based on scripture

Re: God's purpose in memory

Well, God did create all things perfect. I do believe that Adam and Eve had total recall before the Fall (otherwise they could have used that excuse too!) I believe forgetfulness is truly an effect of the Fall yet there are a few remnants of people that have a 'degree' of total recall. (oxymoron alert). We judge it a pity when a person can't remember names and dates very well indicating a loss of perfection.
    As such I am not so sure memory as we know it is designed. Memory only becomes an issue when there is forgetfulness. If there wasn't such a thing as forgetfulness we wouldn't be having this conversation. 'Not-forgetting' is just part of God's nature which He breathed into Adam at creation.
    Now as fallen creatures 'forgetting' serves the purpose of our continual dependence on God where we find ourselves 'taking closer heed to those things we have heard lest we let them slip'.
    ♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

Blog Entries

Re: God's purpose in memory

Memory is necessary for experience in linear time. Our sequential experience limits our view, we only see the present and what has come before (or as much of it as we can recall).

The Lord is not limited by this, He sees the end from the beginning and beginning from the end. We look forward only by faith now, maybe even see the future in prophesy... but when the perfect has come this will be no more.

1 Corinthians 13:9-11 (New King James Version)

For we know in part and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

Hope this is helpful (or is at least the beginning of a discussion that will be.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * ** * * * ** * *** * * * * ***** * * * * ** * * * * ** ** * *
    ~ * You get 10 'reps' to bless others with each day... don't log off until you have used them up......
    ....Live your life the same way.... ~ *

Please pray for the 'Persecuted Church'.

Bible Forums Vision: "To be a community of believers who are actively engaged in pursuing the truth of God as revealed in His Son Jesus Christ by way of studying the Scriptures diligently in order to discover this truth."

Thread Information