cure-real
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Questions from the book of HEBREWS

Questions from the book of HEBREWS

This is a Question and Answer study of the Books of HEBREWS to help keep us in the Word. It is not an in depth study but more of a set of questions to motivate each of us to read.

We will be using the HCSB to get the questions from, so if the wording is different from what some of you may be reading, this is why.

Thank you all for following along!

Re: Questions from the book of HEBREWS

Hebrews 1 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

Finish the verse: "Long ago God spoke to the fathers by......"

How has He spoken to us in these last days?

but about the ___: Your ____, O ___, is forever and ever, and the _____ of Your _____ is a scepter of _____.

And: In the beginning, ____, You established the ____, and the _____ are the works of Your _____;

Finish the verse: "Now to which of the angels has He ever said:......"

Are they not all ministering _____ sent out to ____ those who are going to _____ ______?

Hebrews 1 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

Finish the verse: "Long ago God spoke to the fathers by......" the prophets at different times and in different ways.

How has He spoken to us in these last days? in these last days, He has spoken to us by his Son

but about the Son: Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the scepter of Your kingdom is a scepter of justice. This and the rest of the chapter is the Father speaking to Jesus, correct?

And: In the beginning, Lord, You established the earth, and the heavens are the works of Your hands;

Finish the verse: "Now to which of the angels has He ever said:......" Sit at My right hand until I make Your enemies Your footstool ?

Are they not all ministering spirits sent out to serve those who are going to inherit salvation?

Quote Originally Posted by CupOfMilk View Post
    but about the Son: Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the scepter of Your kingdom is a scepter of justice. This and the rest of the chapter is the Father speaking to Jesus, correct?
    Yes that's correct. It's talking to or about Jesus.

Hebrews 2 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

Why must we pay even more attention to what we have heard?

At the same time, ___ also testified by ____ and _____, various _____, and distributions of ____ from the Holy Spirit according to ___ ___.

Finish the verse: "But we do see Jesus— made lower than the angels......"

For it was _____, in bringing many sons to ____, that __, for whom and through whom all things ____, should make the _____of their ______ perfect through sufferings.

Finish the verse: "Therefore He had to be like His brothers in every way,......"

Hebrews 2 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

Why must we pay even more attention to what we have heard? We must pay even more attention to what we have heard for we do not drift away.

At the same time, God also testified by signs and wonders, various miracles, and distributions [of gifts] from the Holy Spirit according to His will

Finish the verse: "But we do see Jesus— made lower than the angels......" for a short time so that by God's grace He might taste death for everyone—crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death.

For it was fitting, in bringing many sons to glory, that He, for whom and through whom all things exist, should make the source of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Finish the verse: "Therefore He had to be like His brothers in every way,......" that He could become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.

Well done Cup. I hope you like this version. I like mixing it up now and then.

Hebrews Chapter 3 (HCSB)

For _____ is considered worthy of more ____ than _____, just as the _____ has more honor than the ____.

Finish the verse: "Moses was faithful as a servant......"

But ______ was faithful as a ___ over His _______, whose _______ we are if we hold on to the _____ and the _______ of our ___.

What should we NOT do if today, we hear His voice?

What did God swear in His anger?

Finish the verse: "But encourage each other daily,......"

How do we know we have become companions of the Messiah?

So we ___ that they were _____ to ____ because of ______.

Hebrews Chapter 3 (HCSB)

For Jesus is considered worthy of more glory than Moses, just as the builder has more honor than the house

Finish the verse: "Moses was faithful as a servant......" in all God's household, as a testimony to what would be said [in the future].

But Christ was faithful as a Son over His household, whose household we are if we hold on to the courage and the confidence of our hope.

What should we NOT do if today, we hear His voice? we should not harden our hearts as in the rebellion.

What did God swear in His anger? He swore that they will not enter His rest.

Finish the verse: "But encourage each other daily,......" while it is still called today , so that none of you is hardened by sin's deception.

How do we know we have become companions of the Messiah? If we hold onto our faith untill our death is how we know we have become companions of the Messiah

So we see that they were unable to enter because of unbelief.

Hebrews Chapter 4 (HCSB)

Finish the verse: "Therefore, while the promise remains of entering His rest,......"

Who are the ones who enter His rest?

Why did those who formerly received the good news not enter His rest?

For if ______ had given them ___, He would not have spoken later about _____ __.

Finish the verse: "Let us then make every effort to enter that rest,......"

For the ___ of ___ is ____ and ______ and sharper than any two-edged ____, penetrating as far as to divide ___, _____, ____, and ____; it is a judge of the ____ and ______ of the ____.

Who is our great high priest who has passed through the heavens?

Hebrews Chapter 4 (HCSB)

Finish the verse: "Therefore, while the promise remains of entering His rest,......" let us fear so that none of you should miss it.

Who are the ones who enter His rest? Those who believe enter his rest. What does it mean by rest? At first i thought it was Heaven but now i am not so sure.

Why did those who formerly received the good news not enter His rest? They received the good news but it did not benefit them since they were not united with those who heard it in faith.

For if Joshua had given them rest, He would not have spoken later about another day.
    What does it mean by this? (i am not fimular with what Joshua did)

Finish the verse: "Let us then make every effort to enter that rest,......" that no one will fall into the same pattern of disobedience.

For the word of God is living and effective and sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating as far as to divide soul, spirit, joints, and marrow; it is a judge of the ideas and thoughts of the heart.

Who is our great high priest who has passed through the heavens? Jesus is our great high priest.

You're first question I'll have to do some research. I'm not 100% sure myself. There are different views on this. I think there was a thread about it not too long ago. I'll see if I can find it.

What Josua did was take the Israelites into the Promised Land. He delivered them to where Moses started the journey, but was not allowed by God to enter.

Follow up question, why was Joshua not allowed to enter?

Quote Originally Posted by CupOfMilk View Post
    Follow up question, why was Joshua not allowed to enter?
    I think I see the problem with the way I worded it. It was Moses who was not allowed to enter. Joshua was the one who brought them in.

Hebrews Chapter 5 (HCSB)

Every ___ _____ is selected from among ___ and is appointed to represent them in matters related to ___, to offer ____ and ______ for ___.

Finish the verse: "He is able to deal gently with those who are......"

So ______ also did not take upon himself the ____ of becoming a ___ _____. But God said to him, "You are my ___; today I have become your ______.

Finish the verse: "During the days of Jesus' life on earth,......"

What did Jesus learn through His sufferings?

What is the condition of those who still live on milk?

Thread Information