cure-real
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heaven. Located in another dimension?

Re: Heaven. Located in another dimension?

How about a dimension outside of the created universe. Now thats something to think about. Outside of all the known Galaxies that we can see (Through the hubble-Telescope). Outside all the created planets and universes that God created - another dimension exists and that is where God is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Youssarian View Post
    Y'know, I've always considered it to be a different dimension from ours. I mean, I can't see how heaven is in our physical dimension. I like the idea of a spiritual dimension that we can't see.
    Yet sometimes the veil that divides the two is blown open by the Spirit and we can see into heaven. Like Jacob seeing the angels going up and down from heaven, or St John the Divine when he was in the Spirit he saw heaven and wrote about it in Revelation.

Quote Originally Posted by nzyr View Post
    It's up off of the earth. And where is up or down after you're in space? I believe heaven is beyond the stars. Farther than telescopes will ever be able to see. People can only get there with God's help.
    Hi But that is to make it physical and the Scriptures make clear that it is spiritual. It is not 'out there' It is in a totally different dimension, a spiritual dimension. Just as God is in a different dimension, indeed is a different dimension. He is omnipresent because He is 'there' everywhere. But He is not physically there. That would be pantheism. It is why we can live and fight in heavenly places while still on this physical earth (Ephesians 2.1-6). We also live in a spiritual sphere. The truth is that both God and Heaven are beyond our comprehension.

Non-time I always knew, but non-space? Now that's hard for me to wrap my brain around, but I do see the validity of that. God made time, and since time and physical space are intimately connected (i.e., the "space-time continuum" of Einstein), it makes sense that he also made space. Heaven is quite the brainteaser!
    Dext3r Ministries, my ministry blog.

Epic God is epic!

You are the Lord, our God. May I live by faith for you.

Quote Originally Posted by petepet View Post
    Hi But that is to make it physical and the Scriptures make clear that it is spiritual. It is not 'out there' It is in a totally different dimension, a spiritual dimension. Just as God is in a different dimension, indeed is a different dimension. He is omnipresent because He is 'there' everywhere. But He is not physically there. That would be pantheism. It is why we can live and fight in heavenly places while still on this physical earth (Ephesians 2.1-6). We also live in a spiritual sphere. The truth is that both God and Heaven are beyond our comprehension.
    Yes and the transfiguration appears right in front of the disciples , this would seem to favor heaven being in a parallel dimension all around us.

<< Matthew 17 >>
    New International Version

The Transfiguration

1After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. 2There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. 3Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.
    Luke 6

41“And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own? 42How can you think of saying, ‘Friend, let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,’ when you can’t see past the log in your own eye? Hypocrite!
    First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye.

Jesus Christ son of God have mercy on us

Blog Entries
    Yes I have heard, many, many preachers say the spiritual world is actually more real then the material world we can see and touch... But only God allows us to see it at certain times...like the passage of the person suddenly being able to see themselves surrounded by angels. Image that!

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

When I was a child, my family temporarily stayed with my grandma downtown Long Beach, CA. Mom took us four kids to a HUGE Goodwill store. About 7 blocks from the beach (completely flat area). We were told the toys were upstairs, so that’s where I went. Upstairs there were huge windows, which of course don’t open. You could look down on the street far below.

~* That is what a person should have seen *~

I went over to the large window, however when I got to there, it was no longer a window…
    It was a door that I could walk through unharmed, when I would have fallen to my death if it weren’t for this paranormal opening. The street kind of looked like the street (that I should have seen below) yet it was level, I could have walked straight out that window (now a door).
    The people out there looked normal, yet seemed to be dressed in odd, possibly old fashioned clothes and the cars were different then what I was accustomed to seeing. I very much wanted to walk out there, but I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to walk back in to where I was, so I didn’t.
    I wonder now, if others have walked into these “holes/openings” and if so, are they stuck here, there, somewhere other than their own place or origin? My guess would be yes, because if they didn’t come back soon the hole would be gone. If what I saw was another period/era (which I’m not certain of, I think it would have been the past). I now wonder if others in the future (at a time when they know how these things work) come here and go back, and or are here but not from a time where they would know how to get back to their own time or dimension, whatever.

Anyhoo I buried the thoughts of that day, I mean really, who would’ve believed me?

Fast Forward 20 some odd years....

Rene came to visit, bringing Ryan (her son, my nephew) and Ryan brought a friend of his from their hometown Salinas, CA. They came to spend a few days at our beach house in Laguna. Ya know how it is when you get together with your sister, that you don’t get to see very often…

We were up talking late into the night after all the others were fast asleep.

We started telling life stories and sharing all kinds of things… After becoming comfortable I said:

Me: Rene do you remember when we were staying with grandma downtown Long Beach?

Rene: Yes

Me: Do you remember that giant two story Goodwill store mom used to take us to downtown?

Rene: Yes

Me: Well… you probably won’t believe this, but when I went upstairs… Rene, cuts me off…

Rene: I know what you’re going to say!

Me: Huh?

Rene: You went to the window and saw nothing but a giant black hole outside of it!

Me: OMG… No I saw the street at my own level and I think it was a different time, like a parallel dimension of the exact same spot/place, except at the higher level (I was upstairs) I could have walked right out that window, and I contemplated it, but was afraid if I did I wouldn’t be able to walk back in!

When my sister Rene confirmed a similar oddity about that day, I was dumbfounded! I mean I knew what I had experience, but as a person grows up you try and tell yourself, it wasn’t true, maybe you were hallucinating, even though you KNOW what you experienced, just trying to make sense of it. It’s put out of your mind, and life goes on.

I thought possibly Rene being a year and 9 months older than me, might have stopped her from seeing ‘more’ as I had, you know… due to how our minds continue to conform to the realities that are the norm and our teachings from culture, parents, teachers and so on.

I posted this experience of mine on a forum; someone said that they had read that these cracks/holes (whatever they are) open and close. Therefore, I probably saw it when it was completely open, and Rene probably saw it when it was in the process of opening or closing

It happened.

I believe I will always ponder and read up on this subject and the subject matters that may relate to it.

Blog Entries

I've been told that in outer space, directions, as understood on Earth, don't exist.

I've been told that gravity causes the existence of such things as up and down, north, south, east, and west, left and right, side to side, horizontal, vertical, diagonal, etc.

I've even heard that time itself works different in outer space.

That's very interesting. Time is a man made concept. It's always the present...lol I know what time means, but I think it's a probable illusion. I bet we have a ton of those, for our only perspective is from where we are, not flying/traveling all over the universe.
    Well it's nice to know someone took the time to read that long (first) post of mine.
    Thank you!

Blog Entries

Past, present, and future are completely relative concepts.

Every point in what is now the past was once the present- the cutting edge, the right here and now.

Looking back, for example, at the 1950's now, it's not going to look the same as it did to people at the time.

Also, at one time, the 1950's were in the future.

If someone in the 1930's were to hear the term "the 1950's" they would have thought "the future".

Picture walking down the sidewalk, and suddenly this technical looking device appears on the sidewalk in front of you, blocking your path. A door in it's side opens and this guy wearing a technical looking suit gets out and announces:

"I've come from the present!"

It's interesting to note that about 96% of the known universe is dark matter or dark energy meaning that we cannot detect it however we know that its there. This certainly allows for the existence of things like heaven and hell and the Bible says they exist. It is awesome to contemplate that this world we live in which is so vast and intricate and complex is only a small sliver of what exists. God is so much bigger and grander than we can ever imagine.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gringo300 View Post
    I've been told that in outer space, directions, as understood on Earth, don't exist.

I've been told that gravity causes the existence of such things as up and down, north, south, east, and west, left and right, side to side, horizontal, vertical, diagonal, etc.

I've even heard that time itself works different in outer space.
    That is true. If you are standing at the south pole you would be upside down to us ...yet to you, you would be right side up...gravity holds you in place and your perception gives you the idea you are looking up at the sky when in fact you are really looking down.

BlueStar

That's very interesting. Time is a man made concept. It's always the present...lol I know what time means, but I think it's a probable illusion. I bet we have a ton of those, for our only perspective is from where we are, not flying/traveling all over the universe.
    Well it's nice to know someone took the time to read that long (first) post of mine.
    Thank you!
    Actually God Himself created time for us...

Genesis 1

5 God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.

Genesis 1:14
    Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years;

God created the first calendar...the Hebrew calendar which went by the cycles of the moon...not the sun like our calendars today do. He created time for us so we could function I believe because if we existed like He does...IN the past present and future all at the same time, we couldn't function at all. Everything we know also has a beginning...a middle and an end to it...everything except God.

At one time people did believe the universe had always existed...now we know through the evident of the Big Bang, even it had a beginning which lines up with Genesis 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Only God Himself has no beginning...how can you have a beginning if time didn't exist to start with?

Back to what gringo said about time functioning differently in outer space..time isn't what we think it is all the time. This video explains it:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.

2 Peter 3:8
    But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Blog Entries

I seem to be having technical difficulties here... I'll try to post again later...

(sigh)

Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    One of my favorite movies is Super Mario Brothers. In the movie, the fictional "Dinohattan" where Mario and Luigi travel to is in a parallel dimension. Similar to the fictional Dinohattan, I have a belief that Heaven sits in a parallel dimension, basically like a parallel universe separated by time and space but yet somehow joined to the dimension that we live in that encompasses the Earth, the Sun, and all stars, planets, galaxies, and outer space. Does anyone else believe in Heaven being in a parallelel dimension?
    I believe that God does live in a place where we as people in a Human form can not go..... So yea it would be another deminsion...

Quote Originally Posted by moonglow View Post
    That is true. If you are standing at the south pole you would be upside down to us ...yet to you, you would be right side up...gravity holds you in place and your perception gives you the idea you are looking up at the sky when in fact you are really looking down.

Actually God Himself created time for us...

Genesis 1

5 God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.

Genesis 1:14
    Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years;

God created the first calendar...the Hebrew calendar which went by the cycles of the moon...not the sun like our calendars today do. He created time for us so we could function I believe because if we existed like He does...IN the past present and future all at the same time, we couldn't function at all. Everything we know also has a beginning...a middle and an end to it...everything except God.

At one time people did believe the universe had always existed...now we know through the evident of the Big Bang, even it had a beginning which lines up with Genesis 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Only God Himself has no beginning...how can you have a beginning if time didn't exist to start with?

Back to what gringo said about time functioning differently in outer space..time isn't what we think it is all the time. This video explains it:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.

2 Peter 3:8
    But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

God bless
    When I was in school ages ago I took several physics classes and had to learn a lot about Einstein’s theory of relativity in detail. And it has helped us understand so many things that we take for granted today. However, as accurate as E=MC2 is , it does not hold true around a black hole. In order for the math to work out for the intense gravity issues, there has to be an alternate dimension that exists beyond the black hole…..

Thread Information