cure-real
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Did Jesus Fulfill All Seven Annual Feasts at His 1st coming?

Did Jesus Fulfill All Seven Annual Feasts at His 1st coming?

The spring feasts.
    Passover, Unleavened Bread, First Fruits, and Weeks.

The fall feasts.
    Trumpets, The Day of Atonement, and Tabernacles.

Logically speaking, and trying to keep things simple, Jesus would have to fulfill these on the correct days, and in the correct orders. The 4 spring feasts should not even be in question. Jesus fulfilled these to the day at His 1st coming, the last being the day of Pentecost.

But these last 3 feasts are fall feasts, and they seem to imply gathering of the harvest, judgment, and finally celebration.

We know that Jesus already atoned for sins, but wouldn't that be what the day of judgment would be all about, Jesus literally atoning for them because you are judged and found not guilty?

No doubt, Jesus fulfills all 7 feasts, but to say it's all been fulfilled at His 1st coming is pretty much making things out of order, especially since the last trumpet(representing the trumpet feast) hasn't sounded yet, which would be the gathering of His elect(the fall harvest) unto Him for example. So how then could we also say the last 2 were fulfilled at His 1st coming, since this would put the feasts out of order?

In Zech 14 it speaks of the following.

Zechariah 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Many take this to mean that Christ already fulfilled the feast of tabernacles at His first coming. But if my logic above is correct, in regards to the fall feasts, then how can there be a celebration before the final harvest, before the last trumpet even sounds? It just seems strange to me that Jesus would literally fulfill the 1st 4 spring feasts to the letter, and in the correct order, but when it comes to the fall feasts, these wouldn't even be following the pattern at all?

What's my point in all this? If my logic overall is correct, and not just my logic, many others use the same logic, then this would make Zech 14 as yet future, thus agreeing with Rev 20 in regards to the 1000 yrs still being future as well.

If the above logic is not correct, then simply show why not. My argument is not that Christ doesn't fulfill all 7 feasts, my argument is when. It looks to me that He fulfilled the spring feasts at His 1st coming, and will fulfill the the fall feasts at His 2nd coming. Personally, I see nothing illogical about that conclusion. And notice in Zech 14 that it is only the last feast that is to be kept from year to year. And this makes perfect sense, since the first 4 spring feasts, and the last 2 fall feasts, Trumpets, The Day of Atonement, would have no reason to continue on year after year. But the celebrating, the feast of tabernacles would.

Re: Did Jesus Fulfill All Seven Annual Feasts at His 1st coming?

Concerning Tabernacles, Jesus on this feast day appeared in the temple during the midst of the feast and began to teach (John 7:14). He had sent His disciples to the feast earlier and secretly came later by Himself since the rulers of Israel sought to kill him.

Prior to His speaking at this feast, the people had a great deal of doubt about the Messiah (Jn. 7:12). They wondered whether He was a good man or a devil because He healed on the Sabbath when work was forbidden (John 7:19-24). After hearing His words, the Jews marveled at how Jesus knew the scriptures so well since He was not a priest (Isa. 11:10; Luke 1:26-27).

Jesus said many things during this feast, but on the last day of the feast, during the final ceremonies, He spoke some astounding words that caused many to believe He was a prophet.

• "In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified Jn. 7:37-39.)." The Messiah's words spoken during this Feast of Tabernacles revealed that living water would be poured out at Pentecost.
    Jesus spoke of ‘living water’ during the Feast of Tabernacles. One has to know the rituals and ceremonies the priests performed during this day to understand the Messiah’s mention of water. What the Messiah was referring to was the water the priest dipped with a golden pitcher from the Pool Siloam and poured out at the base of the altar for the last day of the feast. Thus, the Messiah told Israel that living water would be poured out at Pentecost. His words of truth represented the ‘living water’ which is the Holy Spirit that many who believed on Him received at Pentecost. Jesus is that fulfillment of Tabernacles for we are the temple of God, in which Christ lives within our hearts (tents). The other application is that of the full gathering of the harvest of souls which is still continuing today.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckrl View Post
    Concerning Tabernacles, Jesus on this feast day appeared in the temple during the midst of the feast and began to teach (John 7:14). He had sent His disciples to the feast earlier and secretly came later by Himself since the rulers of Israel sought to kill him.

Prior to His speaking at this feast, the people had a great deal of doubt about the Messiah (Jn. 7:12). They wondered whether He was a good man or a devil because He healed on the Sabbath when work was forbidden (John 7:19-24). After hearing His words, the Jews marveled at how Jesus knew the scriptures so well since He was not a priest (Isa. 11:10; Luke 1:26-27).

Jesus said many things during this feast, but on the last day of the feast, during the final ceremonies, He spoke some astounding words that caused many to believe He was a prophet.

• "In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified Jn. 7:37-39.)." The Messiah's words spoken during this Feast of Tabernacles revealed that living water would be poured out at Pentecost.
    Jesus spoke of ‘living water’ during the Feast of Tabernacles. One has to know the rituals and ceremonies the priests performed during this day to understand the Messiah’s mention of water. What the Messiah was referring to was the water the priest dipped with a golden pitcher from the Pool Siloam and poured out at the base of the altar for the last day of the feast. Thus, the Messiah told Israel that living water would be poured out at Pentecost. His words of truth represented the ‘living water’ which is the Holy Spirit that many who believed on Him received at Pentecost. Jesus is that fulfillment of Tabernacles for we are the temple of God, in which Christ lives within our hearts (tents). The other application is that of the full gathering of the harvest of souls which is still continuing today.

Beckrl, let me ask you this then, keeping in mind that the point is, the correct timing and order of things. And BTW, I do understand where you're coming from. In order for Christ to have fulfilled all 7 feasts during His 1st advent, He would have to apply the same rules as He did for the passover and unleavened bread for instance. If one compares that to the OT accounts, one will see it happened on the same days. So if Jesus already fulfilled the feast of tabernacles at His first coming, He would have had to have done it after the day of Pentecost. But if He fulfilled the last feast while He was yet still on the earth, before the day of Pentecost, then the timing and orders would not be following the correct pattern. Simply put, if the day of Pentecost was(the feast of weeks) fulfilled after the first fruits(His resurrection), then logic says the final 3 follow after the feast of the weeks is fulfilled. That's the pattern. With that in mind, there's still the feast of the trumpets that must occur before the feast of tabernacles. And to stay consistant with the spring feasts, the last 3 would have to be fulfilled in their correct seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    Beckrl, let me ask you this then, keeping in mind that the point is, the correct timing and order of things. And BTW, I do understand where you're coming from. In order for Christ to have fulfilled all 7 feasts during His 1st advent, He would have to apply the same rules as He did for the passover and unleavened bread for instance. If one compares that to the OT accounts, one will see it happened on the same days. So if Jesus already fulfilled the feast of tabernacles at His first coming, He would have had to have done it after the day of Pentecost. But if He fulfilled the last feast while He was yet still on the earth, before the day of Pentecost, then the timing and orders would not be following the correct pattern. Simply put, if the day of Pentecost was(the feast of weeks) fulfilled after the first fruits(His resurrection), then logic says the final 3 follow after the feast of the weeks is fulfilled. That's the pattern. With that in mind, there's still the feast of the trumpets that must occur before the feast of tabernacles. And to stay consistant with the spring feasts, the last 3 would have to be fulfilled in their correct seasons.
    Then you misunderstand the concept of Jesus returning to his Father in order for the Holy Spirit to dwell in the hearts of men, as the tabernacleing of All the God head into the believer.(John14:23)

• John 14:16-23 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. 18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. 19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. 20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. 21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. 22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? 23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode [tabernacle]with him.

So in fact Jesus was there on that day fulfilling the last day of Tabernacle.

Then you misunderstand the concept of Jesus returning to his Father in order for the Holy Spirit to dwell in the hearts of men, as the tabernacleing of All the God head into the believer.(John14:23)

• John 14:16-23 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. 18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. 19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. 20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. 21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. 22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? 23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode [tabernacle]with him.

So in fact Jesus was there on that day fulfilling the last day of Tabernacle.

Actually I don't misunderstand that. It seems I'm being misunderstood here. When Jesus fulfilled the passover and unleaven bread for instance, did He or did He not do that to the day, according to Leviticus 23 I believe? Then when He resurrected, that also agreed with the timing of the first fruits. Then the day of Pentecost(the feast of weeks) occurs right on schedule, according to Leviticus 23 again. That my friend, is a pattern. That means the last 3 could not have been fulfilled as you suggest, because it is not agreeing with the pattern.

If you look in Revelation 21 I believe, you will see that God Himself will literally, not just spiritually, but will literally physically dwell among men forever. And that occurs after His return. That would fulfill the feast of tabernacles literally, just as Christ literally, and not just spiritually, fulfilled the passover and unleven bread physically. And He will also physically fulfill the feast of tabernacles after He returns to dwell among men forever, as in physically. So why shouldn't the feast of tabernacles not be kept at that point? After Christ returns to dwell physically among men forever?

Actually I don't misunderstand that. It seems I'm being misunderstood here. When Jesus fulfilled the passover and unleaven bread for instance, did He or did He not do that to the day, according to Leviticus 23 I believe? Then when He resurrected, that also agreed with the timing of the first fruits. Then the day of Pentecost(the feast of weeks) occurs right on schedule, according to Leviticus 23 again. That my friend, is a pattern. That means the last 3 could not have been fulfilled as you suggest, because it is not agreeing with the pattern.

If you look in Revelation 21 I believe, you will see that God Himself will literally, not just spiritually, but will literally physically dwell among men forever. And that occurs after His return. That would fulfill the feast of tabernacles literally, just as Christ literally, and not just spiritually, fulfilled the passover and unleven bread physically. And He will also physically fulfill the feast of tabernacles after He returns to dwell among men forever, as in physically. So why shouldn't the feast of tabernacles not be kept at that point? After Christ returns to dwell physically among men forever?

To keep in the pattern of the feast wouldn't the other feast days also be fulfilled in that same season? Whereby Jesus was no longer on earth on the day of Pentecost, but he did come down on the day of Pentecost as the Holy Spirit.

Where does it say that God himself will literally physcially dwell with men forever?

To keep in the pattern of the feast wouldn't the other feast days also be fulfilled in that same season? Whereby Jesus was no longer on earth on the day of Pentecost, but he did come down on the day of Pentecost as the Holy Spirit.

This is true and of course a good point. So the next feast would be the feast of trumpets. How and when has that been fulfilled after the day of Pentecost? Since the 4 previous feasts happened on the correct days and in their season, this would mean that the feast of trumpets would have to have had been fulfilled by the Holy Spirit that same year, namely, in the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath.

So, do you know of any Scriptures that verify that fact, as in being fulfilled the same year as did the passover, the unleaven bread, the first fruits, and the feast of weeks? IOW, let's say those 4 were fulfilled in 30 AD for instance...that would mean in the seventh month, in the first day of the month of 30 AD. Is there any Scriptures that show that being fulfilled via the Holy Spirit, like the day of Pentecost was? If not, then what's so illogical about it being fulfilled when Christ returns?

Where does it say that God himself will literally physcially dwell with men forever?
    For one thing, since Jesus is God, I'm pretty sure it implies it in Revelation 21 and 22.

Revelation 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
    3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

Revelation 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
    23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Revelation 22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
    4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
    5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

This is all referring back to this:

Revelation 7:15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
    16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
    17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Notice verse 15 states...and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

That would be after " the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven".

Then we have this:

Revelation 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

How long will the reign on the earth be?

Revelation 22:5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

It looks like to me..for ever and ever.

And this is after the new Jerusalem comes down from heaven. Comes down to where? Since human life doesn't exist on other planets, the answer would have to be earth.

This is true and of course a good point. So the next feast would be the feast of trumpets. How and when has that been fulfilled after the day of Pentecost? Since the 4 previous feasts happened on the correct days and in their season, this would mean that the feast of trumpets would have to have had been fulfilled by the Holy Spirit that same year, namely, in the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath.

So, do you know of any Scriptures that verify that fact, as in being fulfilled the same year as did the passover, the unleaven bread, the first fruits, and the feast of weeks?
    daviD,

Here's what we have for the feast of Trumpets. Modern Rosh Hashanah (Ezekiel 40:1) is traced back to the Feast of Trumpets which is the sounding of the trumpets on the first day of the seventh month (Tishri) of the religious calendar year (Leviticus 23:24; Numbers 29:1). The trumpet referred to here was the shofar, a ram's horn. It was distinctive from the silver trumpets blown on the other new moons. Silver trumpets were sounded at the daily burnt offering and at the beginning of each new month (Numbers 10:10), but the shofar specifically was blown on the beginning of the month Tishri.

The beginning of the new year in which this particular one was that of the years of Jubliee. The Feast of Trumpets occurs on the first day of the Hebrew month, Tishri. It would occur at the new moon. Only the slightest crescent would be visible. However, clouds could obscure the moon, and witnesses were required. Watchfulness was a critical ingredient of this feast. The rabbis later added a second day to this feast to make sure they didn't miss it. This need for watchfulness and preparedness in connection with the Feast of Trumpets is echoed and reechoed throughout the New Testament in connection with the Lord's coming, but we will address that part later. What should be noted is the year of Jubliee Tishri 10th, were all debts were to be forgiven, all slaves set free, and all land(s) given back to it owner. Trumpets are also blown during special times of national crisis. God's covenant people are summoned to gather themselves together in a solemn assembly before the God of Israel. Trumpets are sounded during battle in times of warfare. Trumpets also announce the imminent arrival of a king.

So there's some typology here concerning these feasts, please note that all have been forgiven....likewise Jesus has maked the way that all of our sins shall be forgiven, also note that God has summoned to gather his covenant people to assembly, Through Jesus the gospel is preached unto all the world that he may make disciples they that shall come unto him. There the new covenant is preached in the year of Jubliee.

IOW, let's say those 4 were fulfilled in 30 AD for instance...that would mean in the seventh month, in the first day of the month of 30 AD. Is there any Scriptures that show that being fulfilled via the Holy Spirit, like the day of Pentecost was? If not, then what's so illogical about it being fulfilled when Christ returns?
    First the typology of these feast relate to the harvest seasons as well, First Fruits, Wheat, Grapes. Here we have three harvest season but only one has been fulfilled that of First Fruits. We still have the Wheat [church] and Grapes(sinners) to be harvested. I really don't want to go into to much detail now, but I would also include the martyred christains from Jesus resurrection unto the ending of 70AD as the First Fruits of harvest. As represented as the First Fruits in Revelation 7 & 14.

What so important about the feast of Trumpets is that it brings in the new year, new era of the new covenant church. Notice the shofar was NOT at this time blown for an alarm for battle, but of newness of the day.

For one thing, since Jesus is God, I'm pretty sure it implies it in Revelation 21 and 22.

Revelation 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
    3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

Revelation 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
    23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Revelation 22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
    4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
    5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Implied or inferred? It don't imply literally physically. As I noted before we have become God's temple in which God the Holy Spirit dwells in man. We have become the dwelling [tabernacle] place of God and the Light [Jesus] is within us. These are all symbolic in nature not literal nor physical. The new Jerusalem is an metaphor of the newness that of the new covenant in which we have been taking about. The old city has been destroyed and this new city of believers bring about God's glory forever and forever.

This is all referring back to this:

Revelation 7:15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
    16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
    17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
    What shall they hunger after? Here a hint. (Matthew 5:6 & John 6:22), What will be given them if they a thrist? Living waters (Holy Spirit) So context is important here with in Revelation.

Notice verse 15 states...and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

That would be after " the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven".
    The holy city would represent those martyred and seen as the 144,000 that was not defiled by woman. That is to mean that these christains with stood the presecutions, wonder by miracles (lies) by the false hood Whore (apostate Israel). Where as the Gentiles(You & Me) shall walk in the Light (Jesus) of it (144,000).

Then we have this:

Revelation 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

How long will the reign on the earth be?

Revelation 22:5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

It looks like to me..for ever and ever.

And this is after the new Jerusalem comes down from heaven. Comes down to where? Since human life doesn't exist on other planets, the answer would have to be earth.
    Yes, but these again are symbolic of the kingdom of God not literal, "no night nor no need of the sun." Simply means in the new covenant kingdom we have the Light (Jesus) shining in us. "Ye are the light of the world" Matthew 5:13. "A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid"

Are the feasts events or a day or what? What makes a feast a feast? Is there anything in common about them? Is the OP asked relative to end time belief? BYW I am not a Peterest so I do not think Jesus has fulfilled all yet.

I'm not sure I understand what is meant by "fulfill".
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

Isaiah 59:21

I believe you are on the right path

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Fenris

I'm not sure I understand what is meant by "fulfill".

Do you remember when we talked about happenings in the OT being Shadows of things that would happen in the future?

We believe the feasts where all shadows of the future of what Jesus would do. That they where given as signs for the people pointing to the One who would fulfill the signs. The Messiah Jesus.

Jesus was executed on the day of the passover. The first passover was a sign pointing towards the day when the true Unblemished lamb of God's (the sinless Jesus) blood would cover us, as the blood of that first lamb on their two doorposts and on the lintel covered the people from the deaths of the first born of Egypt.

Ok i have saved this from way back. I don't nessecaraly agree with it 100% but i think it is on the right track

Hope you find it an interesting read:

Copyright © Tim Warner
    In order to understand the significance of the Jewish feasts, we must comprehend their purpose and timing. The most complete description of the feasts is found in Leviticus 23. Each of the feasts have both a historic and prophetic significance. They celebrate a historical event in Israel's past, but also are a prophecy of future events which have been, or will be, fulfilled. The first four feasts were fulfilled by Jesus Christ during the actual celebration of those feast days. The last three will be fulfilled at His second coming. The feasts are as follows:

1. Passover: [Ex. 12:1-14 & Lev. 23:4,5] On the 10th day of the first month, Nisan, [roughly equivalent to April on our calendar], every family of Israel was to take a lamb, without blemish, and separate it from the flock. On the evening of the 14th the Passover lamb was killed, cooked, and eaten during the night. The blood was applied on the door posts and lintel. This feast celebrates the Exodus from Egypt. But, like all of the feasts, it also has a prophetic meaning. It looked forward to the sacrifice of the "Lamb of God who taketh away the sin of the world." This was clearly demonstrated by Paul when he wrote, "For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us." [1 Cor. 5:7]. Not only did Jesus fulfill this feast symbolically, but also quite literally. On the 10th of Nisan, Palm Sunday, Jesus rode down the mount of Olives on a colt. He was crucified four days later on Passover.

2. Unleavened Bread: [Lev. 23:6-8] The day following Passover, the 15th of Nisan, began the feast of Unleavened bread. This feast covered seven days, from the 15th to the 21st of Nisan. The first and last days, [15th & 21st], were "High Sabbath" days, although they do not necessarily fall on the weekly Sabbath. "High Sabbath" days are mandatory rest days which occur during some feast days. They are identified in Lev. 23:7, 8, 21, 24, 27, 28, 32, 35, 36, 39. Just as with the weekly Sabbath, the day before any "High Sabbath" is a "preparation day." This means Passover, the 14th, is also the "preparation day" for the "High Sabbath" on the 15th, [see: John 18:28, 19:14,31]. The feast of Unleavened Bread celebrates the journey of the children of Israel through the wilderness, when God fed them with manna from heaven and supplied water out of the rock. This feast was fulfilled by Jesus during the Feast of Unleavened Bread when He said, "I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live forever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world." [John 6:51]. Jesus was crucified on Passover. His body [His flesh] was laid in the tomb just before sunset, when the "High Sabbath" of the Feast of Unleavened Bread began. His body laid in the tomb for the first three days of this feast, from the 15th through the 17th of Nisan.

3. Firstfruits: [Lev. 23:9-14] During the seven day Feast of Unleavened Bread fell a Sunday. In the year of the crucifixion, Sunday fell on the 18th of Nisan, three days after Jesus was put in the tomb. On this Sunday, called the Feast of Firstfruits, each Israelite family brought a single bundle of barley to the Temple. The priest would then wave it before the Lord. This bundle represented the very first of the harvest. It was gathered at the beginning of the harvest and given to the Lord. Jesus fulfilled this feast as well. He rose from the dead on the Feast of Firstfruits. The Apostle Paul said, "But now is Christ risen from the dead and become the firstfruits of them that slept."..."For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order, Christ the firstfruits, afterward they that are Christ's at his coming." [1 Cor. 15:20,23]. The resurrection of Christ is the guarantee of our resurrection.

4. Pentecost: [Lev. 23:15-21] From the feast of Firstfruits, the Jews were to count seven Sabbaths, [49 days]. The Sunday following the seventh Sabbath, was the Feast of Pentecost, [which means "fiftieth"]. This feast commemorated the giving of the Law to Moses on Mt. Sinai. On that day God himself came down in a cloud on Mt. Sinai in fire and smoke and a blast of God's trumpet, to establish His covenant with His people. This feast was also a prophecy of the coming of the New Covenant which was consummated on the same day, the Day of Pentecost, with a mighty rushing wind, tongues of fire and miraculous demonstrations of the Holy Spirit. Even though the disciples were trained by Jesus for their task of world evangelism, Jesus instructed them to remain in Jerusalem until they received the power of the Holy Spirit which came on the Jewish Feast of Pentecost.
    The first four feasts were fulfilled by Jesus both symbolically and literally at His first coming. The last three will be fulfilled by Jesus at His second coming. Since the first four feasts were fulfilled on the very days God commanded His people to celebrate them, it is reasonable to conclude that the remaining three feasts will also be fulfilled on the actual feast days as well.

5. Feast of Trumpets: [Lev. 23:23-25] God commanded Israel to keep a "High Sabbath" on the first day of the seventh month, by blowing a series of trumpets. Although the Scripture does not specify what this feast represents, it possibly looked forward to the fall of Jericho. In the days of Joshua, they were instructed to march around the city of Jericho seven days. Each day the trumpets were blown by the priests, but the people kept silent. On the last day, they marched around the city seven times with the seven priests blowing seven trumpets. When the last trumpet sounded, the people raised a great shout, and the walls of the city fell flat. Is it a coincidence that Paul said we will be raised at the "last trumpet?" [1 Cor. 15:54]. Is it also a coincidence that at the rapture there will be a great "shout?" [1 Thes. 4:16].

Adstars input

The book of Revelation also declares that 7 trumpets will be sounded. The last trumpet is the 7th.

6. The Day of Atonement: [Lev. 23:26-32] The Feast of Trumpets is followed by ten days called by modern Jews, "the days of awe." This is a time of national repentance for Israel. The 10th day of the seventh month is the Day of Atonement. On this day the priest entered the Holy of Holies into the presence of God to sprinkle the blood on the mercy seat of the Ark of the Covenant. The Passover clearly represents personal salvation, [each family had their own lamb, and celebrated Passover at home]. But the Day of Atonement represents national salvation for Israel. Only one sacrifice was offered for the whole nation. The Bible makes it clear that at the second coming of Christ, the surviving Jews will look upon Christ and be saved in a day. [cf. Zech. 12:9,10 & 13:1, Rom. 11:25-27, Rev. 1:7] If there is any day on the Jewish calendar which is a prophecy of the second coming of Christ to overthrow the world kingdoms and deliver His people Israel, this is it.

7. The Feast of Tabernacles: [Lev. 23:33-43] Five days after the Day of Atonement is the Feast of Tabernacles. From the 15th to the 22nd of the seventh month was a time of the greatest rejoicing. It was the festival of all festivals. Israel was commanded to build tents [tabernacles] and live in them during the feast days. This commemorated how God brought them out of Egypt, through the wilderness into the promised land. Secondly, they were to cut off branches of palm trees and wave them, rejoicing before the Lord. Even the Jews today recognize that the Feast of Tabernacles looks forward to the Kingdom of the Messiah. Zechariah 14:16-21 states clearly that after Christ sets up His Kingdom the people will celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles as a yearly memorial. Also, Revelation 7:9-17 describes the saints who have come through the "great tribulation." This scene takes place at the inauguration of Christ's Kingdom. It depicts a grand celebration with the saints waving "palm branches." Why are they waving palm branches? Obviously they are celebrating the Feast of Tabernacles. The marriage supper will likely take place during this feast, [Isa. 25:6-8].

There is another day that is celebrated by Israel, Channukah. It begins 75 days after the Day of Atonement [the 25th day of the ninth month - or in our December] and lasts for 8 days. Channukah is not mentioned in the Old Testament, because it began to be celebrated during the period between the Old Testament and New Testament. Basically, it is a celebration of the cleansing of the Temple after the Jews defeated Antoichus Epiphanies. Antiochus was a Syrian King who invaded Jerusalem, defiled the Temple by placing an image of Zeus in the Temple, and offering a pig on the altar. He persecuted the Jewish people terribly, and they began a gorilla resistance against him. Eventually, they recaptured Jerusalem, and immediately set about to cleanse the Temple. So, in essence, this is the celebration of the cleansing and rededication of the Temple to God. It is referred to one time in the New Testament, where Jesus was present in Jerusalem for Channukah.

John 10:22-23
    22 And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter.
    23 And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.
    (KJV)

That Channukah is always 75 days after The Day of Atonement may be related to an interesting prophecy in Daniel.

Dan 12:12
    12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

(KJV)

1,335 days is exactly 75 days more than the 1260 days that Antichrist will reign. So, if the Antichrist is destroyed on the Day of Atonement, then the extra 75 days lands us directly on the first day of Channukah. It seems likely this has to do with the rededication of the Millennial Temple, from which Christ will rule.

Since Jesus fulfilled the first four feasts on the actual feast days, we can conclude that He will fulfill the last three in the same manner.

John 4 and John 7 tell me that Jesus fulfilled the feast of tabernacles, circa 33 A.D.

I don't look for any further future fulfillments of it, just like I don't look for any further future fulfillments of the Passover feast.

As for the Day of Atonement fulfillment, and Warner's specific take that it isn't fulfilled yet because of 'salvation of Israel', I also believe it has been fulfilled. Salvation has come to all israel, and all of israel's children from every generation since Christ's sacrifice. Peter told us this in Acts chapter 2, that it was for 'all the house of Israel' and ' all your children'. Jesus fulfilled the day of atonement when He, hanging on the cross said, "IT IS FINISHED".

Paul also confirms this, when writing to the people in Rome, stated: "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement. "

Quote Originally Posted by Adstars View Post
    John 10:22-23
    22 And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter.
    23 And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.
    (KJV)

That Channukah is always 75 days after The Day of Atonement may be related to an interesting prophecy in Daniel.

Dan 12:12
    12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.
    (KJV)
    I have been puzzled about the 1335 days ever since I can remember. If the above doesn't explain it, then in my opin, nothing ever will. Thanks for posting that. Very insightful.

Quote Originally Posted by Adstars View Post
    Since Jesus fulfilled the first four feasts on the actual feast days, we can conclude that He will fulfill the last three in the same manner.

That agrees with the entire point of this thread. The question is not does Jesus fulfil the feasts(that's not even debatable..of course He does), but rather, when and how.

Thread Information