cure-real

Thread: What an amazing lesson I learned tonight

What an amazing lesson I learned tonight

Thank you so much, Moonglow

Thank you for being so honest and straight forward with me in my other thread. I looked over my past threads and see a pattern in some of them. I cannot believe how many threads I have posted over the past year and a half about wanting to give up and about not being happy at my church. I can say Iím not about to give up on anything. I know I can press through anything as long as I keep my focus on God. Iím also not going to another church, until God makes it clear for me to leave. But that isnít a topic that I want to talk about in this thread. I feel like I need to begin seeking Godís direction more on that and leave it at that, instead of discussing it with others.

I believe, actually I know, that God has been working on me over the past several weeks. I also know that the devil has been bothering me more because of this. After all, the devil doesnít want us to be Christ warriors. I know God is trying to reveal some things to me to help me cleanse and change some things about myself. The problem started when I began to put the focus on my new friend that God has placed in my life. I donít really know why I did that. Maybe it was because I was in denial that I am the one that needs to change some things, especially my ways of thinking.

Thinking about this now has helped me realize that my focus needs to be completely on God. I know itís all about God, but I also know that I have to take a look at myself and my own Christian walk in order to become the person that God intended me to be. I have to learn to put on the full armor of God daily so that I can be prepared for any battle the devil throws my way. I have to learn how to make conversations Christ centered. If someone/anyone is talking about something that I donít feel is honoring or glorifying to God, then I need to change to subject to something that is Christ centered. But I know in order to do that, I have to begin to dig deeper into the Bible so that I can be prepared to know what to say.

I have made this into more than it ever should have become. I have been such an idiot in all of this. I have made it seem as if this person is trying to get me to do something awful like get drunk or something. After all, if someone did try to get me to drink, I wouldnít have a bit of a problem telling them no. All this person is doing is talking about things that interest her. I either need to learn to be blunt and tell her that I donít want to talk about those things because I donít feel they are Glorifying to God or I need to learn to change the subject. I know saying I need to be blunt may sound harsh and I will try not to be. But I feel that sometimes there comes a time when you do have to speak up or take a stand for your convictions.

There are two amazing Godly women in my church that will be straight forward and blunt with anyone about anything. They will just tell you like it is, but they donít come off as mean or hateful. I want to be more like them. I wish I had a more bold and outspoken personality like them. Maybe I should start praying that God will change that about me. I can see Christ through these two women and I want people to see Christ through me.

Thumbs up Re: What an amazing lesson I learned tonight

Amen! You know, you sharing this comes at a timely, er, time, haha. Lately I feel spiritually attacked, and for the first time in 15 months since I got saved July 2009, I feel "murky." Before it's been all "wow 1st year Christian, God's blessing me so much, speaking to me in various ways the wolrd is beautiful and great" etc. but lately I've been feeling a bit down.

When I was searching for church change back in March/April of this year, I do recall seeing your thread(s) pop up. It's nice to hear an update from you. I did end up switching churches because I felt God's blessing, and am now at a new church where I am leading a small group (which is exciting and scary) that I did not seek out, but was offered to me by grace.

I have my struggles but found some encouragement reading your post/testimony. I know I can't give up, either. God bless and thanks for sharing.

Blog Entries

Re: What an amazing lesson I learned tonight

Thank you for sharing this. So much of the time, when we are new Christians we really think that all of life will be just peachy.....and we don't always understand the full armor of God.....and things go wrong - how discouraging it is for us.

I have seen a lot of Christian growth in you since you have been on this board and I want to encourage you to press on....we must be overcomers! By your posts, believe it or not, there is much encouragement for others.

Don't you love the way the Lord works on us, changing us....kind of like "I'm not what I ought to be but praise God, I'm not like I used to be."
    Come unto me all that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Blog Entries

AMEN!!!!!! God is so good and patient...thank you Jesus for your patience!! Keep pressing on and reaching for a closer relationship with God.

Keep making the devil mad!! Tell him he is nothing but a narcisstic pain in the butt and needs to just go somewhere else, you are a Child of the KING!!

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much, Moonglow

Thank you for being so honest and straight forward with me in my other thread.
    I want you to know what I said to you I prayed about...and I sat on it for awhile too because I truly did not want to hurt you. I felt the Lord gave me the go ahead but it still bothered me..it bothered me so much I woke up alot during the night with you on my mind and prayed for you each time. I woke up worried about my post to you.

Sometimes I think we can become overly dependant on others or this board for advise and guidance when we just need to be talking to God about things. He makes things so much less complicated then we make them...at least in my case...

And btw I am currently doing a second reading on "The Covering" by Hank Hanegraaff that is about the passage of putting on the armor of God. Funny you brought that up!

Always remember this passage too when faced with any of life challenges..big or small:

Philippians 4:6-7 (New King James Version)

6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

I am glad you don't hate me.

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

I've had a lot of time to think (not dwell on) about things, and have realized that it would be very beneficial if I take up journaling. That way I can get my thoughts and feelings out and leave them with God. Let Him reveal things to me if He needs to instead of seeking advice from others. That's what I'm going to start doing, but that doesn't mean I won't still ask for opinions about my Sunday School lessons. I like getting others opinions on things I can do for my class.

Thread Information