cure-real

Thread: Divine Setups

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Divine Setups

I got this in my email today... interesting how God speaks through others!!

Today's Prayer
    God, I realize that because I am a Christian, I am in "Full-Time" Christian service. Some Christians are called to foreign lands. Others are called to minister in the workplace or on the home front. I am called to minister and to worship you where I am. Please, God, help me to see my work and my daily activities as a means to worship to you. Demonstrate your power through my life so that others might experience you through me today. Thank you, my loving and all-powerful God. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Divine Setups
    TGIF Today God Is First Volume 1, by Os Hillman
    11-06-2010

"Simon, Simon, satan has asked to sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers." Luke 22:31-32

Have you ever perceived yourself to be at one place spiritually only to discover that you were actually far from this place? Peter perceived himself to be so spiritually strong that he was prepared to suffer greatly for his Master. Yet Jesus knew where Peter really was in his own pilgrimage. He knew that Peter's enthusiasm did not match his reality. He was suffering from an attitude of self-righteousness. So, how did Jesus help Peter match his perception to his reality? Peter was the object of a divine setup.

First, notice that satan asked permission to sift Peter as wheat. Jesus determined that satan would be used to bring Peter to the maturity level both Jesus and Peter really desired. And Jesus was praying that Peter would pass the test. Jesus told Peter that he would deny Him three times that very day. Peter could not believe what Jesus was saying.

Sometimes the lessons we must learn are very painful. This experience was necessary in Peter's life. It was necessary to purge Peter from his sin of self-righteousness. This very lesson would allow Peter to come face to face with his own misperception of where he was in his relationship and devotion to Jesus. When he was forced to confront this, it nearly broke him apart. He wept bitterly once he realized he had done just as Jesus had predicted.

This confrontation with reality is necessary at times in our lives. Do not be surprised if Jesus allows you to experience some painful circumstance. You may be the subject of a divine setup designed to bring you to a greater maturity level in your walk with Jesus. It may not be a fun experience when you go through it, but you will, like Peter, become a leader whom God will use to lead others.

Today God Is First (TGIF) devotional message, Copyright by Os Hillman, Marketplace Leaders
    Slug1--out

~Does Predestination mean: Once of the devil, Always of the devil?~

~Limitations in a Christian’s life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

Re: Divine Setups

This was great. Sometimes I'll think I'm really living out worship to God only to find that pride was involved and how miserably and ashamed I feel after wards. You know, the Christian walk is simple...but not easy. I've been dwelling on that a lot. It really takes your whole life. You have to loose yourself to find Christ. Separating yourself from what you once new and really becoming a new creation. Realizing that the Lord's grace and mercy is all that we have and need. Everything else rusts. It rots away... moths eat it. How worthless are those things right in front of us compared to the Glory of God.
    Why are you searching for love? Why are you still looking as if I'm not enough?

Thread Information