cure-real

Thread: Publish to my Facebook

Blog Entries

Publish to my Facebook

Just curious........How many of you guys have used the Publish to my Facebook option when starting a thread?
    The wound of the people is beyond healing and we no longer know our God. I have cried until my eyes have become an ocean and my anguish the waves in a violent storm, my heart breaks as though I have lost the one I love. The city of our God has become a city of the dead and the church has become its cemetery.

Me singing "Nothing But The Blood"

Me singing "In The Garden"

<<<<Official BibleForums Facebook Page>>>>

Blog Entries
    I haven't see that option...only clicking on 'like' to like a thread for facebook.

Where is the Publish to my Facebook icon at?

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Blog Entries

Re: Publish to my Facebook

It is to the left next to the submit thread button. It says publish to facebook with a check box and the Facebook Icon. You can only do this when starting a thread and it will only show the originally submitted thread. All your friends on facebook will see that you have started a thread on BibleForums Message Board and it will give them a direct link to the thread on the board. Only BibleForum members who are logged in will be able to go directly to the thread. Non BibleForum members will be required to register and once they have joined the BibleForums message board they will be able to read and reply to the thread here on the board.

You will not see replys to the thread on your facebook. You will have to go directly to the message board to do so. Only the originally submitted thread is published to your facebook.

If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask.
    The wound of the people is beyond healing and we no longer know our God. I have cried until my eyes have become an ocean and my anguish the waves in a violent storm, my heart breaks as though I have lost the one I love. The city of our God has become a city of the dead and the church has become its cemetery.

Blog Entries

I was going to with the one I started tonight on holiness but did not notice the option....

Edit: Okay, here's a tip: if you are not seeing the box to "post to Facebook" when you create a new thread, it's because you have not clicked on "connect" at the top of the screen to link your profiles here with your profile on Facebook. Once you do that, then you will see the option to "post to Facebook". I just did that for the next installment of Attributes of God and it did in fact post to my Wall. So cool!

Blog Entries

Oh yeah forgot to mention the connect to facebook button.

Blog Entries
    Ok I didn't think I had to click on connect to facebook because I am already a member on there to the bible forum... But anyway I tried it and it was having me re-resistor... as if I wasn't a member on here. I backed out cause I was afraid it would mess up my account on here. But I wasn't logged in when I did it...so maybe that made a difference?

I don't know that I want thread I put on here to be on facebook actually...I like the separations actually. I would rather start thread on bible forums on facebook..which I thought that was what we were suppose to do in the first place?

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Blog Entries

Probably the problem was due to you not being logged in here when you clicked "connect" because I did not have that problem.

I do think people should consider what they have in their thread before posting to their FB wall. The thread I started about the puppy originally include a comment about how my aunt should not be allowed to own pets--but she is on my FB friends list!!! I quickly edited my thread to eliminate that comment! So, definitely worth considering when linking between the two....

I do wish that they wouldn't have to register here before reading the thread they are trying to link to. I can see preventing them from posting until they register but it would be nice if they didn't have to register just to read it. Or am I misunderstanding that process?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frecs View Post
    Probably the problem was due to you not being logged in here when you clicked "connect" because I did not have that problem.

I do think people should consider what they have in their thread before posting to their FB wall. The thread I started about the puppy originally include a comment about how my aunt should not be allowed to own pets--but she is on my FB friends list!!! I quickly edited my thread to eliminate that comment! So, definitely worth considering when linking between the two....

I do wish that they wouldn't have to register here before reading the thread they are trying to link to. I can see preventing them from posting until they register but it would be nice if they didn't have to register just to read it. Or am I misunderstanding that process?
    Yea that is what I was thinking...I have alot of family on my facebook and I consider the board my private place where yes sometimes I talk about family on here... And it might be taken the wrong way by them. Plus I am friends with alot of other church members in the church I belong too plus the pastor and his wife...now them I don't worry about..doubt they would have time to read anything anyway...mostly I just like my privacy on here. What I put on facebook is for family, friends...just little what I am doing posts is all...its a way for us to keep in touch.

God bless

Thread Information