cure-real

View Poll Results: Young Adults Fellowship?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am thankful it, and would be violently ill if it were changed in any way.

    1 9.09%
  • Whatever... yea, it is ok... whatever...

    2 18.18%
  • It is like fingers on a chalk board to me...

    1 9.09%
  • I like the idea, but it does not work for me.. (why>?)

    0 0%
  • I do not like it, mainly becuase I am old.

    1 9.09%
  • I like cheese.

    6 54.55%
  • I like this sub forum as a place for young adults, but I would not necessarily be violently ill it something were to change.

    5 45.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Young Adults Fellowship...?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South bound from Eleuthera
    Posts
    6,612
    Blog Entries
    15

    Young Adults Fellowship...?

    Please vote, (and discuss your answers)....

    ... just for fun, your vote will be visible to all...
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * ** * * * ** * *** * * * * ***** * * * * ** * * * * ** ** * *
    ~ * You get 10 'reps' to bless others with each day... don't log off until you have used them up......
    ....Live your life the same way.... ~ *

    Please pray for the 'Persecuted Church'.


    Bible Forums Vision: "To be a community of believers who are actively engaged in pursuing the truth of God as revealed in His Son Jesus Christ by way of studying the Scriptures diligently in order to discover this truth."



  2. #2

    Re: Young Adults Fellowship...?

    I vote that Young Adults should indeed Fellowship.

  3. #3

    Re: Young Adults Fellowship...?

    I don't know if my answer fits any of the options perfectly. I am answering under the assumption that you are talking about like youth groups in churches?

    Personally, I am not and have never been involved with my church's youth group. The youth pastor is great for most people, but he and the way the group is run in general were always too immature for me and it was just a waste of time. However, I know that many of my friends have greatly enjoyed youth group in there churches and have gained a lot from it, so I think it should definitely be continued in every church.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South bound from Eleuthera
    Posts
    6,612
    Blog Entries
    15

    Thumbs up Re: Young Adults Fellowship...?

    Young Adults Fellowship = the sub forum within the Bible Discussion Forum that you are reading right now. To read what this forum is for, read this.

    This sub section is different from every other sub forum within this board.

    Please vote, if you would rather not (since the votes are public) let me know (here or via PM) and I can change it to a hidden vote... thanks,
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * ** * * * ** * *** * * * * ***** * * * * ** * * * * ** ** * *
    ~ * You get 10 'reps' to bless others with each day... don't log off until you have used them up......
    ....Live your life the same way.... ~ *

    Please pray for the 'Persecuted Church'.


    Bible Forums Vision: "To be a community of believers who are actively engaged in pursuing the truth of God as revealed in His Son Jesus Christ by way of studying the Scriptures diligently in order to discover this truth."



  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In a swively chair. WEEEEE...
    Posts
    403

    Re: Young Adults Fellowship...?

    Yeah, it's fine. It's good when I need help with "kid stuff."

    I also enjoy cheese.
    "God created mankind and men created the gods. This is how it is in the worldó
    the men create gods and they worship their creations. It would have been more
    appropriate for the gods to worship mankind!"
    --Gospel of Philip 92 (Author Unknown)


  6. #6

    Re: Young Adults Fellowship...?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amos_with_goats View Post
    Young Adults Fellowship = the sub forum within the Bible Discussion Forum that you are reading right now. To read what this forum is for, read this.

    This sub section is different from every other sub forum within this board.

    Please vote, if you would rather not (since the votes are public) let me know (here or via PM) and I can change it to a hidden vote... thanks,
    Ok, that's what I thought after I read your first post, but after reading Seeking's reply I wasn't sure any more whether you were referring to this sub forum in particular, or young adults' fellowship in general. In reference to this sub forum, though, I definitely like it and would not want it to go away. I really don't care if anyone sees my vote but I still don't think any of the options are right. I like this sub forum as a place for young adults, but I would not necessarily be violently ill it something were to change. What would the changes be? I wouldn't want it to just go away, but change can be ok, depending on what it is.

    I do love cheese, though!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South bound from Eleuthera
    Posts
    6,612
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Young Adults Fellowship...?

    Quote Originally Posted by GitRDunn View Post
    Ok, that's what I thought after I read your first post, but after reading Seeking's reply I wasn't sure any more whether you were referring to this sub forum in particular, or young adults' fellowship in general. In reference to this sub forum, though, I definitely like it and would not want it to go away. I really don't care if anyone sees my vote but I still don't think any of the options are right. I like this sub forum as a place for young adults, but I would not necessarily be violently ill it something were to change. What would the changes be? I wouldn't want it to just go away, but change can be ok, depending on what it is.



    I do love cheese, though!

    I added your suggested position at the end....
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * ** * * * ** * *** * * * * ***** * * * * ** * * * * ** ** * *
    ~ * You get 10 'reps' to bless others with each day... don't log off until you have used them up......
    ....Live your life the same way.... ~ *

    Please pray for the 'Persecuted Church'.


    Bible Forums Vision: "To be a community of believers who are actively engaged in pursuing the truth of God as revealed in His Son Jesus Christ by way of studying the Scriptures diligently in order to discover this truth."



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South bound from Eleuthera
    Posts
    6,612
    Blog Entries
    15

    Thumbs up Re: Young Adults Fellowship...?

    I am with the 'in' crowd.

    I like cheese, which places me firmly in line with 80% of respondents to the poll.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * ** * * * ** * *** * * * * ***** * * * * ** * * * * ** ** * *
    ~ * You get 10 'reps' to bless others with each day... don't log off until you have used them up......
    ....Live your life the same way.... ~ *

    Please pray for the 'Persecuted Church'.


    Bible Forums Vision: "To be a community of believers who are actively engaged in pursuing the truth of God as revealed in His Son Jesus Christ by way of studying the Scriptures diligently in order to discover this truth."



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,853

    Re: Young Adults Fellowship...?

    Quote Originally Posted by GitRDunn View Post
    I don't know if my answer fits any of the options perfectly. I am answering under the assumption that you are talking about like youth groups in churches?

    Personally, I am not and have never been involved with my church's youth group. The youth pastor is great for most people, but he and the way the group is run in general were always too immature for me and it was just a waste of time. However, I know that many of my friends have greatly enjoyed youth group in there churches and have gained a lot from it, so I think it should definitely be continued in every church.
    I love that answer. It takes a lot maturity to recognize the value of something that does not directly please oneself or ones own preferences or interests. Rare!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Eze 15:2-7
    Posts
    11,280
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Young Adults Fellowship...?

    The way young people write is somethings like fingers on a chalk board for me. When people write about how they were like saying this to their friend who was like why did you do that, it makes my head spin and I have to read it two or three times to figure out what they are trying to say.

    I don't come into young adults because I'm not young. Some would say I'm not adult either.....

    I do like cheese, particularly mature cheddars. I prefer Wisconsin cheese to New York cheese, and cheese with hot peppers in it is truly awesome.

    I would probably not become violently ill if the forum were to change, morph, evolve (theistically or otherwise) or disappear entirely. Of course if I'd been eating too much cheese (with or without hot peppers) I may become violently ill, and if it happened around the time the forum changed I might mistakenly associate the illness with the change to the forum. In the meantime much discussion might follow about the difference between correlation and causality, but at that point it risks parallelling another high profile discussion.

    So I'll go back to my cheese now, if that's OK with everyone.
    24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
    I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
    I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

    ---

    1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
    1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    867

    Re: Young Adults Fellowship...?

    Lol I've always thought it was a good subforum to have. Personally though, I never really saw the point of its further expansion (Extreme Lounge). It was put in place back around the time I had started modding this section and I never really saw it as a place that'd get much traffic over the general Youth Fellowship section...And I see it still hasn't gotten much. Anyways, just my two cents.

    Also, cheese.
    Jeremy, a bondservant of the Lord.

    Today is a good day to die for Christ.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •