cure-real
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Something has to change

Re: Something has to change

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    I don't believe in trying to fit into trendy ideals. So no, I won't be losing anything to fit a particular type of clothing. That's an unhealthy way to do things, and abusive to the body to boot. I tried that before and made myself sick physically and mentally. I shall pass, thanks.
    Here's a question -

My grandmother was what I would call "stout". She never appeared overweight to me as much as she appeared... sturdy? She was quite tiny (size 5 shoe, size 3 ring even when she was in her 70's) but she had a more than ample bosom and no waist. I wonder if she was "healthy" or if her childbearing eliminated her waist completely? Also, she wore corsets. Yes - corsets. I know THAT was trendy but can you seriously imagine?

Quote Originally Posted by miepie View Post
    Will you stop putting yourself down like that? I have seen a pic of you and you look very beautiful and I love your hair! Maybe just a change of clothing might help you, but it's definitely not needed to make you more beautiful cause you already are!

Love you very much,
    Mieke
    I love you because of the love you shower on others, you know that?

And yes - I need a "style' change. Badly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vhayes View Post
    - I need a "style' change. Badly.
    I am busy sewing a 'funky' range of clothing.... wanna take a number in the queue ??
    The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
    God plants in our hearts
    to remind us
    there are better things ahead.
    -Holley Gerth

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    So no, I won't be losing anything to fit a particular type of clothing. That's an unhealthy way to do things, and abusive to the body to boot. I tried that before and made myself sick physically and mentally. I shall pass, thanks.
    Ok honey, well you know yourself best and we'll leave it at that. I know where you're coming from, trust me on that one.

So anyway, what are you thinking?

Do you have some pictures of what you have in mind for yourself? Are you looking for more grown-up goth, or just something that incorporates black in some way that's not too feminine looking but not goth either? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around what it is you're looking for.

I have a different problem - i am starting to lose all the muscle tone I have had over the years - something I took for granted. Gravity is indeed catching up and I do NOT like seeing my mothers body when I pass the mirror, ya know?

And Spike - thanks for the thread. You've helped me realize I am in a clothes rut. Well, frankly, a lifestyle rut. I get up, put on blue jeans, tee-shirt in summer, turtle neck in winter with a fleece zip sweater, the same shoes, the same everything. My hair is HIDEOUS! i look like a bag lady or the wicked witch of the North - seriously.

Hmmmmm. This thread has me thinkin'.
    V
    A clothes rut. THAT is certainly how I feel. In a rut. But hey, no reason to feel like you are not gorgeous. Getting older is great, I think. If you're healthy, don't worry about it. Wisdom beats a perfect body any day. Something my grandma taught me that I forgot for awhile. Man I need to do this from a comp, not a phone...

Spike - let us know what you find. I'd like something that is comfortable, yet classic in appearance. And I have NO taste. None. Nada.

Blog Entries

I like classic casual. Kohls might have what you're looking for V. Sonoma and Croft&Barrow are my new fav brands.

Quote Originally Posted by Dani H View Post
    I like classic casual. Kohls might have what you're looking for V. Sonoma and Croft&Barrow are my new fav brands.
    Cool - I'll check it out!

Blog Entries

There has been no offense to anyone intended in this thread. Please take advice in the spirit it was offered. We have a chat to the moderators section if this needs further resolution. The ladies in this forum post with love in their hearts for all and there is no need for the biting comments.
    Come unto me all that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Quote Originally Posted by Ninna View Post
    There has been no offense to anyone intended in this thread. Please take advice in the spirit it was offered. We have a chat to the moderators section if this needs further resolution. The ladies in this forum post with love in their hearts for all and there is no need for the biting comments.
    I'm sorry. But I really DO look like the wicked witch of the North.

Rejoicing for mama in Heaven although she's sorely missed but being changed by Daddy while talking to Him in dreams, while he showers me with blessings afterwards
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry. But I really DO look like the wicked witch of the North.
    Now now..... will you STOP that!!!!! You are not looking like a witch at all! You look like a beautiful woman! And I still mean that!

Love you very much,
    Mieke
    So come on, let Me dream, let Me dream for you
    I am strong when you're weak and I'll carry you
    So let go of your plan, be caught by My hand
    I'll show you what I can do
    When I dream for you
    I have a dream for you

Casting Crowns

Blog Entries

I love you all!

For me, I like to shop in 2nd hand shops. I've done it as a hobby for years. You can find amazing things here with no pressure of paying a lot for what you might not feel good about wearing later.
    .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

I look at it this way, you do your best to look nice. If you're 50 like I am, looking 20 isn't going to happen, so no point in dwelling on that.

So Spike.. this may sound strange to say but you could pray about it. The Lord can help direct you in this, after all He created you, so He knows your style.

When I clothes shop, I always pray beforehand, not only that He would help me to find the right clothes, but good deals as well. Some people think that's strange but I believe God is interested in every aspect of our lives.
    Jeanne

"He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it". ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

"If we ever forget that we are ONE NATION UNDER GOD, then we will be a nation gone under" ~ Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne D View Post
    I look at it this way, you do your best to look nice. If you're 50 like I am, looking 20 isn't going to happen, so no point in dwelling on that.

So Spike.. this may sound strange to say but you could pray about it. The Lord can help direct you in this, after all He created you, so He knows your style.

When I clothes shop, I always pray beforehand, not only that He would help me to find the right clothes, but good deals as well. Some people think that's strange but I believe God is interested in every aspect of our lives.
    Jeanne
    I agree! I even pray when I go hobby shopping in my second hand stores. The clothes I find are usually clothes I wear to church. I want to look nice, I like being a girl, and I want to bring glory to His Name even in the way I present myself.
    .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Blog Entries

Thread is temporarily close....will reopen tomorrow.
    Come unto me all that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Thread Information