cure-real
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Christians wear crosses or crucifix as jewelry?

Post Should Christians wear crosses or crucifix as jewelry?

I wear one, necklace not visible, i think it represents what Christ did for me.. in memory of that event.....i don't see anything wrong with that.. it could be lucky it could not .. shrugs.... but growing i'm still new in the Lord. I've come across Christians that think is not ok to wear one because it represent Christ as dead and he is alive.. and jewelry represents riches of this world.

What say ye .. yea ..nay ?

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Should Christians wear crosses or crucifix as jewelry?

Avoid large ones.. especially on gold chains large enough to anchor a boat with....

... .oh, and never wear with a speedo.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * ** * * * ** * *** * * * * ***** * * * * ** * * * * ** ** * *
    ~ * You get 10 'reps' to bless others with each day... don't log off until you have used them up......
    ....Live your life the same way.... ~ *

Please pray for the 'Persecuted Church'.

Bible Forums Vision: "To be a community of believers who are actively engaged in pursuing the truth of God as revealed in His Son Jesus Christ by way of studying the Scriptures diligently in order to discover this truth."

Blog Entries

Re: Should Christians wear crosses or crucifix as jewelry?

I dont see any harm in it. How could something be wrong if it reminds you of the sacrifice He made for us?

I had someone once say that wearing a cross was like wearing an electric chair around your neck. I totally disagree. For one a cross was used to kill Christians just because they were Christians. They were used to kill others as well, but notably it was used to kill our Lord.

I have a watch that I wear. I will wear it till the day I die. If it breaks I will spend all it takes to get it fixed. It was given to me for a sacrifice I made. It reminds me of who I am and what I should be. I have a medallion of Saint Dismas on my key chain. He was the good thief that died on the cross next to Jesus. I don't have a cross, but what makes a cross any different from any of the above? It reminds us of who we are and who we should be.
    Are you a brick, or are you a stone? Either way you are invited to read my Testimony.

Studies that I have posted include:
    Am I absolved from not knowing what is in the Bible?
    Don't be Afraid...
    Coming soon "Innocent of the Blood of all Men." and "One More Day with the Frogs."

Quote Originally Posted by Amos_with_goats View Post
    Avoid large ones.. especially on gold chains large enough to anchor a boat with....

... .oh, and never wear with a speedo.
    Wow. You had to go there. Man that image just popped into my head. I thought it was gone. Oh well, back to therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by Doge View Post
    I used to. Now I don't. But I don't really have an opinion as to whether it's even an issue of right or wrong. Just use your conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by Doge View Post
    I wear one, necklace not visible, i think it represents what Christ did for me.. in memory of that event.....i don't see anything wrong with that.. it could be lucky it could not .. shrugs.... but growing I'm still new in the Lord. I've come across Christians that think is not ok to wear one because it represent Christ as dead and he is alive.. and jewellery represents riches of this world.

I wear a Crucifix or at least I use to until turned green from to many showers , getting a new one. I wear it because it remind me of what God did and as a Third Order monk it is part of my dress. Should one wear one? Depends on the person I reckon

Quote Originally Posted by christseeker View Post
    and as a Third Order monk it is part of my dress.
    What's a Third Order monk? Never heard of that before.

Quote Originally Posted by -SEEKING- View Post
    What's a Third Order monk? Never heard of that before.
    It's one who is married and out in the world.

The term Third Order designates persons who live according to the Third Rule of a religious order. Their members, known as Tertiaries, are generally lay members of religious orders, i.e. men and women who do not necessarily live in a religious community and yet can claim to wear the habit and participate in the good works of some great order.
    Source

Br. Barnabas on here is an Anglican Third order monk I believe. It covers the gambit from Catholicism to Protestantism

If any are interested this is my order http://www.bspenance.org/

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

I wear a Crucifix or at least I use to until turned green from to many showers , getting a new one. I wear it because it remind me of what God did and as a Third Order monk it is part of my dress. Should one wear one? Depends on the person I reckon
    I don't understand... a crucifix is all about HALF of what Jesus did.
    Slug1--out

~Limitations in a Christian’s life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    I don't understand... a crucifix is all about HALF of what Jesus did.
    If He never did that nothing else would have happened. It is because Christ went to the Cross that we are redeemed, He was the perfect Sacrifice, the Resurrection is bonus

Whatever we do, whatever we wear and everything involving how we conduct ourselves should be unto the Lord and every effort should be made to be pleasing to Him. The Lord looks at our hearts and knows our motives behind what we are doing. Crosses, Christmas trees, watches and waistcoats; to the pure, all things are pure (Titus 1:15).
    Psalm 19:14
    May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
    be pleasing in your sight,
    O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

If He never did that nothing else would have happened. It is because Christ went to the Cross that we are redeemed, He was the perfect Sacrifice, the Resurrection is bonus
    You really need to back all this with scripture. His death AND Resurrection is what provides us the BLOOD that redeems us as our sin is washed away.

The crucifix leaves a dying Christ forever on that cross... it is a symbol of only half of that Jesus did for us.
    Slug1--out

~Limitations in a Christian’s life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    You really need to back all this with scripture. His death AND Resurrection is what provides us the BLOOD that redeems us as our sin is washed away.

The crucifix leaves a dying Christ forever on that cross... it is a symbol of only half of that Jesus did for us.
    So is your answer to the question a emphatic NO. Should we remove them then?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Church Buddy View Post
    I had someone once say that wearing a cross was like wearing an electric chair around your neck.
    I just heard this same thing not too long ago.

I think whether you wear a cross around your neck or have one tattooed on your body, it is between you and God.
    I don't think Christians wear it as an idol, or a good luck charm...others might.

I don't wear a cross at all. I do have a mustard seed necklace. It reminds me that with the amount of faith I have, be it ever so small, God is with me and hears me when I call.
    .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Thread Information