cure-real
Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Covenant Name of God

Covenant Name of God

Greetings!

What's in a name? Much indeed. Everything has a name. And in Scripture names are of much importance. They are often a clue to them meaning of the book they title. And the name by which The Book is titled is key to its meaning.

God has many names. All of which give some information about the nature of God. But there is one name which was given through Moses which speaks volumes. It is found in Exodus 3: 'I am that I am.' And it is summed up on the four consonants 'yod he vav he'.

It is an oddity that, though this name is repeated over 6800 times in the Tanach, the Jews do not speak this name. Though they are called by this name, they do not call upon this name. And though they have returned to the land, they have as yet to return to calling upon the NAME of God. And by their tradtion (using Ha Shem in place of His name) they break the comandment to 'call upon the name of the 'LORD'.

'The Name' fell into disuse after the return from Babylon. In Ezra and Nehemaih it is written very few times, and the term 'God' used use much. And by the time of Herod's temple only the High Priest would speak the name, and then only on Yom Kippur. Then after the destruction of the second temple, the memory of how to pronounce the Name was lost all together. From that time the tradition of saying 'Ha Shem' has ruled to this day.

But, as we approach the time of the third temple, this tradition, as well as many other Jewish traditions, will be shaken, so that what is good may remain. Israel will again call upon the name of God.

His name is Yahuah! God desires for the Jews to again speak this name. For just as the Son came forth from the Father, His name comes from the Father's name. 'Yahshuah' is taken directly from Yahuah. And not long after they speak the name of the Father, they will speak the name of the Son. One will come who will lead the way. He is the one sent. He comes in the name of the Lord, Yahuah.

In the name of Yahshuah

habuk

Blog Entries

Re: Covenant Name of God

I agree with a lot of what you are saying.... I just see that you seem to miss the 'vav' in the Name ?? Because the vav is not a "u"
    Fenris: "There are two ways to shoot an arrow into a bulls-eye You can shoot the arrow into the bulls-eye or you can shoot the arrow and paint the bulls-eye wherever it hits"

Romans 12:19 Don't seek revenge ... give place to God's wrath. For it is written "Vengeance belongs to me; I will repay, says the Lord"

Isa. 30:32
    And every blow of the rod of punishment, which the Lord will lay on him, will be with the music of tambourines and lyres; And in battles, brandishing weapons, He will fight them

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

What are you willing to die for? Now live for it!

Thanks for the welcome. And thanks for your feedback. There are three vowels, a,a and u. And there are three consonants, yod, he, he. We get the beginning of His name from the Psalms (68, and the end psalms), and from Isa.26. The ending we get from the ending of the names of most prophets. The middle, the u, we get from the prophet Eliyahu - Elijah. The first part is said with the lips and tongue. The second is said with the lips breathing out. And the end is said with the back of the mouth. Ya hu ah.

habuk

That's all well and good for people who speak Hebrew as their native tongue.

Guess what though, for non-Hebrew speaking people, God's name is different...and He has no problem recognizing it when He is called out by it in that different language.

It's just like my son Michael James.
    In English He knows his name is Michael James.
    He also knows in Spanish it is Miguel Santiago.

God isn't in the secret-name business, because God knows the hearts of every human, even if their lips never speak. And if their lips call out His name in another language besides, Hebrews, He hears.

There is no secret-decoder-name of God. He has fully revealed Himself now to all humankind, and the name above all names is His name, voiced in a thousand different languages, sounds, and tongues.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
    That's all well and good for people who speak Hebrew as their native tongue.

Guess what though, for non-Hebrew speaking people, God's name is different...and He has no problem recognizing it when He is called out by it in that different language.

It's just like my son Michael James.
    In English He knows his name is Michael James.
    He also knows in Spanish it is Miguel Santiago.

God isn't in the secret-name business, because God knows the hearts of every human, even if their lips never speak. And if their lips call out His name in another language besides, Hebrews, He hears.

There is no secret-decoder-name of God. He has fully revealed Himself now to all humankind, and the name above all names is His name, voiced in a thousand different languages, sounds, and tongues.
    ...and all of God's children said AMEN!!!
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

HI,

I too say Amen! My concern here is the Jewish people.

habuk

Blog Entries

The name I prefer to use for God is, Jesus. I think it sums it up pretty well.

I'm curious where you get your information. With Ta An, I wonder why you do not pronounce the vav, or pronounce it as a u instead of 'v'.

In the slave pits of manmade Christianity, setting the captives free.

"I've always called you Jesus. You've always called me Sonny."

Guess The Apostle EH didn't get the memo, either.

Hi,

I gave an explanation for this already. Where do you get your information that the vav is not a vowel? We get the vowel from the name 'yahu'.

habuk

The letter vav has a 'v' sound, unless it has the dot beside or above it, in which case it becomes 'o' or 'u'. And I get that from virtually every Hebrew dictionary.

Hi,

Of course you are correct. But my question is, how do you know it is not used as a vowel here? And again, I love the name Jesus. I have NO problem with it. My concern, again, is for the Jewish people.

habuk

I believe it was the Hebrew speaking people who first began putting vowel points, etc. with the letters. I'll trust their judgment on that issue, since it's their language. They undoubtedly know better than I. Why would I question it? Or try to change it?
    I do share your concern for the Jewish people.

In the slave pits of manmade Christianity, setting the captives free.

habuK;

Why do Jews get treated any differently than anyone else?

Are you saying that God is a racist?

Quote Originally Posted by RabbiKnife View Post
    habuK;

Why do Jews get treated any differently than anyone else?

Are you saying that God is a racist?
    He can speak for himself of course, but, I sure didn't see that in his post. Why go there?

Thread Information