cure-real

Thread: Will I know my loved ones in heaven?

Will I know my loved ones in heaven?

It scares me to think that I will not know anyone in Heaven. We all want to see and know the people that were so important to us during our lifetime.

I have heard different stories about this. Anyone have scripture to help answer this??

Also do we go to heaven instantly?

Thank you
    "Be the Change you wish to see in the World."

Blog Entries

Re: Will I know my loved ones in heaven?

Hi and welcome to the board!
    First of all yes you will go to heaven instantly:
    2 Corinthians 5:6-"Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:"
    When your soul leaves your body, it enters eternity. To those who have accepted Jesus Christ as His Lord and Savior knowing that He is the only way to heave will enter His presence right away. To those who choose to reject Christ, will enter into a place of utter darkness until their judgement.

Will you know anyone? You will know the Lord, I pray! I don't believe it is like here, I think we may all know each other in that we have the most wonderful thing in common and that is knowing Jesus Christ.
    .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

"The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works." Rev 20:13 According to this verse there is a resurrection day coming. Jesus said Lazarus was "asleep" in death. But since Eccl 9:5, 10 shows the dead to be unconscious, we will not be aware that any time has passed.

As to knowing our loved ones we only have to read Ps 145:16: "You open Your hand And satisfy the desire of every living thing."

Tho Jesus was not always recognized immediately, they did identify him by his habits. There is no reason to think we will NOT know them.

Well the Gospels teach us that the greedy rich man knew Abraham (and vice versa), even begged him for a drop or water.

It would have to be demonstrated Scripturally that we will all have, somehow, forgotten who each other is. Otherwise, there's no need to assume that that will be the case.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    Well the Gospels teach us that the greedy rich man knew Abraham (and vice versa), even begged him for a drop or water.
    Excellent point!!!
    .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

I think we are going to have a memory of people we knew in heaven. I am basing that on the story of the rich man and Lazarus. The rich man recognized Lazarus in the story in Luke 16.

Blog Entries

I believe the belief that we will know know one another, or remember the experiences we have here is based on a faulty understanding of;

Revelation 21:4 (New King James Version)

4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

I believe that we will remember with great clarity. The testimony of the Lord, and His perfect plan being known to us will cause our tears to cease, and flow no longer having been wiped away.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * ** * * * ** * *** * * * * ***** * * * * ** * * * * ** ** * *
    ~ * You get 10 'reps' to bless others with each day... don't log off until you have used them up......
    ....Live your life the same way.... ~ *

Please pray for the 'Persecuted Church'.

Bible Forums Vision: "To be a community of believers who are actively engaged in pursuing the truth of God as revealed in His Son Jesus Christ by way of studying the Scriptures diligently in order to discover this truth."

In the slave pits of manmade Christianity, setting the captives free.

The only passage that I can think of that might even remotely have any application is 1 Cor 13:12, but I don't think that's the primary intention of that passage.

I think you will know and recognize all the people you knew. Why? I think of the resurrection of Jesus, and everyone recognized him (as soon as Jesus "opened their eyes"). In fact, they recognized who He was (i.e. from a visual observation of his form) so this indicates you will be resurrected with a new body, but one of the same form as your earthly one.

Revelation 21:4 (New King James Version)

4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.

I believe that we will remember with great clarity. The testimony of the Lord, and His perfect plan being known to us will cause our tears to cease, and flow no longer having been wiped away.
    We will all be one as we already are one even though we don't think so as it does not appear to be that way.

And please don't ask me how I figure this or, I would have to have to explain my self to a whole bunch of other people on this thread as we go along.

Think of the Ocean, a great body of water comprise by zillions of separate drops of water becoming one Ocean.

GOD LOVE IS INFINITE

When Moses and Elijah appeared, they did not need an introduction.

Mt 17:4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.

1 Cor 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Is 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Hab 2:14 For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Heaven will be ... hmmmmm... what is the word I am looking for?.... Oh, I know.... perfect.

Shalom

One thing that popped up in my mind is when David lost his son.

"I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me." 2 Sam 12:23

David expected to see his Son again.
    BelieversNotes.com - Bible Study Notes
    End Times - The Days We Live in Short Video

For it is better that he say to you, 'Come up here,' Than that you should be put lower in the presence of the prince, Whom your eyes have seen. ~ Proverbs 25:7

Thread Information