cure-real

Thread: - Unconditional Love -

Blog Entries

Post - Unconditional Love -

Hosea 3:1, “Then the LORD said to me, "Go and love your wife again, even though she commits adultery with another lover. This will illustrate that the LORD still loves Israel, even though the people have turned to other gods and love to worship them"

Unconditional love – how refreshing to see it in action! A story has been told by a doctor who recounted how moved he was by a young husband’s response to his wife’s facial surgery. In order to remove a tumor, the surgeon had to sever a facial nerve that controlled the muscles of her mouth. After the operation, as he and the husband stood by the woman’s bedside, she asked, “Will my mouth always be like this?” The doctor said yes. The husband looked at his wife, smiled, and said that he found her mouth “kind of cute.” Then he bent over and kissed her, twisting his own lips to meet hers. Later, as the doctor reflected on that husband’s complete devotion to his beloved, he wrote, “I hold my breath and let the wonder in.” Unconditional love – that’s what the prophet Hosea showed toward his wife, who had left him and lived as a prostitute. He searched for her, paid a price to obtain her freedom, and brought her home. God said that’s how He loved His wayward people Israel in spite of their unfaithfulness to Him. He said He would continue to love them so that they would return to Him and receive all the blessing He has reserved for them.

God is love. Few people today do not understand what true love is, nor can they comprehend the unconditional love of God who sent Jesus Christ, His only begotten Son to Calvary, to die for our sins. My friend God's love is unconditional, i.e., it matters not who you are, nor what you have done, God loves you anyway! What is so amazing about this love is that it has been available to you ever since you were born. Maybe you were never told that God loves you. Maybe you never realized He loves you because of who you are. It’s possible you never experienced love in your life simply because of who you are. Well, today you have the opportunity to receive God's unconditional love He has just for you. He loves you as a special, one of a kind, precious child just like a loving parent does with their child. How much more so is it with God? His love is unconditional – Agape love! That is no matter what you say or do God’s Agape love is there for you. What a comfort! He expects us to love others the same way. What a challenge!

Closing thoughts

God loves all humanity unconditionally. We're all bad in God's eyes, because all have sinned (Romans 3:23). Only the self-righteous would dare say that God only loves certain people. The truth is that God loves everyone, which is why we read in 2 Peter 3:9, “The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” God is NOT willing that any should perish, not even the worst of criminals and villains. The Old Testament tells us in Isaiah 55:7, “Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.” God is willing to forgive any sinner who acknowledges their guilt of sin, for violating God's holy Law, and who turns to Jesus Christ, believing upon the Savior to forgive their sins and save them. Salvation is of the Lord. Our part is simply to believe on Jesus Christ as the Philippian jailer.

God loves His children not because of who they are but because of who He is.
    "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil" - Proverbs 3:5-7

LNC, U. S. Navy
    Retired

My Blog at Wordpress - https://www.hiseternalword.wordpress.com

Re: - Unconditional Love -

Amen! Good post!

Thread Information