1 John 3:1, "Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God"

Maybe this will bring back memories to some of you. Have you ever picked during the summer time a daisy, and started picking off the petals one by one? I can recall very vividly, when in grade school my eyes first met those of a pretty brown-eyed girl seated a couple of rows away from me. It's hard to put into words, but something happened. It was my first case of "puppy love." Those were the days when we would take a daisy and pluck off its petals one by one, all the while saying with a certain person in mind, "She loves me, she loves me not." And, oh, how it hurt when the daisy's last petal was a "she loves me not!" This illustration reminded me of the little girl who came running into the house one morning, sobbing. "Why, dear, what's wrong?" Her mother asked. Throwing herself into her mother's arms, she cried, "God doesn't love me anymore." "Certainly He does," the mother said assuringly. "No, He doesn't," the child sobbed. "I know He doesn't because I tried Him with a daisy." There is a much better and more reliable way to know if God loves us! It's in considering all He does for us. Moreover, if there are still any doubts, think of what He did to save us! The Bible says, "God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8). We can be confident of God's unfailing love because He has proven it beyond all questions. Yes, it's a sure thing! Someone put it this way, "God loves every one of us as if there were but one of us to love."

Further thoughts:

The Scriptures tell us the Lord knows those who are His and that the heavenly Father intimately understands each of His children. He knows their every thought and emotion, and is acquainted with all [their] ways (Psalm 139:3). From morning until night, He gives personal attention to all their circumstances. Overwhelmed by this glorious reality, the psalmist exclaimed in amazement, "Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain it." God's love has no limit and His grace has no measure. Patiently, untiringly, He is in love with us. We may be unaware of His presence, as though we are spiritually comatose. However, we don't have to be that way. What our loving Lord said to the church of Laodicea He says to each of us: "I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me" (Revelation 3:20). His love has no limit and His grace no measure and His power has no boundary known unto men. For out of His infinite riches in Jesus Christ. He giveth and giveth and giveth again. Praise God that His Word and His love are perfect and unchanging.

(1) Maybe the Lord is knocking on the door of your heart? If so
(2) Open your heart and respond now to the love that is everlasting.