cure-real

Thread: - Carrying or Casting –

Blog Entries

Post - Carrying or Casting –

Psalm 55:22, “Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you”

My brethren, are you burdened by a load of concern? If so, pause for a moment and remind yourself of God’s faithfulness to you in times past. Then you will have reason to “be anxious for nothing” as you give your requests over to the Lord in prayer (Philippians 4:6). Charles Spurgeon loved to tell about his grandfather, a minister, who was very poor. The one cow he owned had died, and his ten children were without milk. His wife asked, “What will we do now?” “I cannot tell,” he said, “but I know what God will do. We must have milk for the children and He will provide for us.” The very next morning a man brought Spurgeon’s grandfather a gift of 20 pounds from the ministers’ relief fund, even though help had not been requested. It seems like a few days before, the relief committee had divided the funds for distribution and an amount of 5 pounds was left over. One of the members said, “There is poor Mr. Spurgeon down in Essex. Suppose we send it to him.” “We’d better make it 10,” said the chairman, “and I’ll give an extra five.” That made it fifteen. However, another man added five more pounds. Those men knew nothing about Spurgeon’s cow, but God knew. As His children we may choose to carry our cares or give them over to the Father; however, your life’s journey will be a lot easier if you learn to cast them rather than carry them.

Closing thoughts:

While writing this post I was reminded of Philippians 4:19, “My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” The same God who helped Elisha retrieve the borrowed ax head (2 Kings 6:5-7), who supplied food for a faithful widow (1 Kings 17:8-16), who provided wine at a small-town wedding (John 2:1-10), and who supplied Spurgeon’s grandfather will meet your needs as well. Just take time to think back over the past few days, weeks, months and even years. Has the Lord taken care of some minor needs in your life? Maybe He has solved some nagging problem? If so, thank Him and as this day unfolds, remember that He does provide for our needs.

Nothing is too great for God to accomplish, nothing too small for his attention.
    "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil" - Proverbs 3:5-7

LNC, U. S. Navy
    Retired

My Blog at Wordpress - https://www.hiseternalword.wordpress.com

Re: - Carrying or Casting –

Very True. I'm thankful for everything big or small Lord that You have carried me through.
    Why are you searching for love? Why are you still looking as if I'm not enough?

Thread Information