cure-real

Thread: - A Changed Heart –

Blog Entries

Post - A Changed Heart –

Romans 5:8, “God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us”

2 Corinthians 5:17, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new”

A very old Indian fable has been told concerning a mouse that like all mice was afraid of cats? It so happened that a wizard felt sorry for the mouse and offered to help him lose his fear. So, with the mouse’s approval, the wizard turned him into a cat. However, the cat was afraid of dogs so the wizard turned the cat into a dog. Well the dog was afraid of tigers, so the wizard turned the dog into a tiger. When the wizard discovered that the tiger was afraid of hunters, he exclaimed in complete disgust, you’re hopeless. What you needed was a change of heart, and that I cannot give you. People who don’t know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior also need a changed heart. Rather than merely being fixed up on the outside, they must be completely changed on the inside to overcome their sin-related fears. This inner change only occurs when we admit our sinfulness and place our trust in Jesus Christ for salvation. I can say with all assurance that I have a new heart. Christ has done and continues to do great things in my life and because of what He has done for me and other believers, I would like to extend to you the same invitation that the Samaritan woman gave to her neighbors, Come, see (John 4:29). Once we become born again we become a new creation. Our perspective on life and the things of this world are transformed. We are at peace with God, and as we live in obedience to Him, we experience the peace of God, and are given the desire and the power to live a victorious life.

While there seems to be somewhat of a religious awakening in our world and there also seems to be an increase in wickedness. A skeptical man sarcastically said that the gospel has lost its power. While thousands of individuals profess Christ, nothing much is happening as a result. However, this isn’t the fault of the gospel. It’s because individuals make a profession but have no possession. It’s not enough to acknowledge the truth of the gospel and say, Lord, Lord (Luke 6:46). Our lives must be transformed by the gospel. To illustrate my point, a preacher was walking down a street when he met the owner of a company that made soap. As they talked, the soap maker said, the gospel you preach can’t be very good for there are still a lot of wicked people. The preacher noticed a child nearby making mud pies. The boy was smeared with dirt from head to toe. The preacher said to his friend, your soap cannot be very good, for there is still a lot of dirt in the world. The man responded, well, it cleanses only when a person uses it. Exactly! Said the preacher.

Closing thoughts:

(1) Have you felt that your heart is empty?
    (2) Is life leaving you thirsty, bitter, feeling helpless and unfulfilled?

(3) Are you trying to fill the emptiness in your life with possessions, activities, entertainment, or relationships?

(4) If so, it is my sincere desire to extend to those who don’t know Jesus Christ as Savior an invitation to come to Him and drink freely from the water of life, the soul -satisfying salvation that only Jesus provides. My friend, only Christ can satisfy the deep longings of your heart. Believe what the Bible says about who He is and what He has done. Read John 3:16 and put your name in it. Then accept Jesus’ offer of forgiveness and eternal life and receive Him as your Savior. He will give you and new and changed heart and He will fill it with a joy that is nothing short of miraculous.
    "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil" - Proverbs 3:5-7

LNC, U. S. Navy
    Retired

My Blog at Wordpress - https://www.hiseternalword.wordpress.com

Re: - A Changed Heart –

Thank you for sharing! God bless you!
    Psalm 19:14
    May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
    be pleasing in your sight,
    O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

This is wonderful. So true. It is exactly what I needed to read today...tomorrow.. and the next. Thanks.
    Why are you searching for love? Why are you still looking as if I'm not enough?

Blog Entries

Thank you for reminding me that God will satisfy the deep longings of our hearts.
    Saved by Grace!

Praying for Mieke and Charles
    Cor 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation ; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

My testimony
    http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=149096

Thread Information