cure-real
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Best Local Burger Joint?

Re: Best Local Burger Joint?

Woah! Dani's giving out burgers? You know I'm not that far from you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -SEEKING- View Post
    Woah! Dani's giving out burgers? You know I'm not that far from you.
    Evidently, certain people have taken the questionable liberty of inviting themselves over ... might as well join them cause what's one more at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by KATMAN View Post
    That said,try any mom and pop diner along the way there.There's a place outside of Harrison on 412 west that makes great burgers. And speaking of burgers and dining in general,you gotta stop in Branson,Mo. The little town may have only 5,000 in the off season,but it caters to 100,000 tourists daily.And more diners than you can shake a stick at!
    Oh, yeah. I'm all over that... from Branson to Eureka to Mountain Home; Table Rock to Beaver to Bull Shoals and on down to Hot Springs. I LOVE the Ozarks!

Lambert's (Home of the Throwed Roll) south of Springfield, MO is a must!

Quote Originally Posted by amazzin View Post
    Just so you know....me, RK, PPS, Katman and Karenoka are on our way to judge you. We'll be there by noon....you have 11 minutes to start cooking
    In my own humble opinion,the secret to making a good delicious burger requires that the bottom of the buns are buttered and grilled.The big chain burger joints don't even compare,not even close. Fresh,hot,steamy,cheese or not.I also love big juicy tomatos,that is the other secret.Red or Valdelia onions and Miracle Whip. No pickles,they just ruin the taste!

Quote Originally Posted by Dani H View Post
    Evidently, certain people have taken the questionable liberty of inviting themselves over ... might as well join them cause what's one more at this point?
    Don't worry about buns. I'm bringin' several big boxes of Krispy Kremes. We'll cut 'em in half and pop 'em on the grill for a sec. Then we can put the burger innards between the donut halves... glazed side in.

Ta-Daaaaah!... Krispy Kreme Burgers! I'll have a Quadruple, please. Do I need to bring the powedered-sugared onion rings, too? Chocolate-dipped bacon on a stick... anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by PneumaPsucheSoma View Post
    Oh, yeah. I'm all over that... from Branson to Eureka to Mountain Home; Table Rock to Beaver to Bull Shoals and on down to Hot Springs. I LOVE the Ozarks!

Lambert's (Home of the Throwed Roll) south of Springfield, MO is a must!
    I'm not to far from Beaver Lake depending which part you go on. If you're going to be tent camping,try the Beaver Dam tail waters campground.In the spring it will be nice and cool,you'll thank me for mentioning it.

Quote Originally Posted by KATMAN View Post
    In my own humble opinion,the secret to making a good delicious burger requires that the bottom of the buns are buttered and grilled.The big chain burger joints don't even compare,not even close. Fresh,hot,steamy,cheese or not.I also love big juicy tomatos,that is the other secret.Red or Valdelia onions and Miracle Whip. No pickles,they just ruin the taste!
    Topped with Aunt Jemima syrup?

Blog Entries

Don't worry about buns. I'm bringin' several big boxes of Krispy Kremes. We'll cut 'em in half and pop 'em on the grill for a sec. Then we can put the burger innards between the donut halves... glazed side in.

Ta-Daaaaah!... Krispy Kreme Burgers! I'll have a Quadruple, please. Do I need to bring the powedered-sugared onion rings, too? Chocolate-dipped bacon on a stick... anyone?
    May as well finish pre-arrangements with the funeral director. I'll be there soon guys.
    Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Blog Entries

Clock? Whassat?
    I hesitate to call the Clock a chain, since they're all independently owned. Anyway, I guess you'd call it a short order diner. Excellent burgers though.

And for some reason, all the Clocks around home are owned by Greeks. Go figure.

Speak the truth in love. The truth without love is brutality.

An apology is the best way to have the last word!

Quote Originally Posted by nebula_omega View Post
    I hesitate to call the Clock a chain, since they're all independently owned. Anyway, I guess you'd call it a short order diner. Excellent burgers though.

And for some reason, all the Clocks around home are owned by Greeks. Go figure.
    Gyro Burgers? Lol.

I'll take a Clock double bacon cheeseburger...

Live-Orlando, Fl. Spirit.-near Christ. Mental-out to lunch
    Blog Entries

One of the best burgers I ever had was in the student union at Northwestern University in Evanston Illinois (I was in seminary in Garrette Evengelical Theological Seminary which is attached to that university). The burgers themselves were good but they topped them with big fresh slices of tomato and fresh crispy lettice (whole leaves not this shreaded up junk).

Swensons. I think unless you are from the area, you wouldn't know them. But you would like their burgers.

Blog Entries

Chocolate covered bacon? Now you're talking!

Quote Originally Posted by Dani H View Post
    Chocolate covered bacon? Now you're talking!
    Dipped in Red Plum Preserves...

Blog Entries

My backyard grill: with a venison burger.
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Thread Information