cure-real
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Black people as the chosen people?

Black people as the chosen people?

I don't believe this but this is the belief of a co-worker of mine and would like to refute this. He believes that they are the tribe of Judah.

Should I point to the nation of Israel being formed in one day?

Re: Black people as the chosen people?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe King View Post
    I don't believe this but this is the belief of a co-worker of mine and would like to refute this. He believes that they are the tribe of Judah.

What day do you think they are formed on?

I thought Black people were from the "Moor Tribe", no pun intended!!!
    Last edited by The Mighty Sword; Jan 19th 2011 at 02:47 AM.
    If Satan can keep us busy swinging our swords at one another, there is no hope of a united attack on the kingdom of darkness. KJV, NIV, ESV or ABCDEFG; there is no time to bicker over such things. We'll devour each other if allowed to continue. We should grab the marching orders written in the way we best understand and get to work.

Andrew_no_one

Blog Entries

A simple DNA test is all it takes.

Blog Entries

Were the people in Judah black? I don't get the connection of your post and the title..where do the black people fit in on this? Jesus was descended from the tribe of Judah but I don't think He was black.

And yea how was Israel formed in one day?

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moonglow View Post

God bless
    maybe it's a reference to Genesis where Jacob contended with God and God named him "Yisra'el?"

The nation of Israel was born in a single day, but that has absolutely nothing to do with the tribes. The tribe of Judah is not black. Ask him to show you where in scripture he bases this.
    He is the one making an assumption. It is his burden to provide facts to support this position. His proposition is kind of like me saying "little green men from mars live in Gerogia." You ask me to prove it. I say, you prove they do not.
    The tribe of Judah is not as a whole black. There are members of the tribe of Judah who returned from Africa that are black, but the tribe as a whole is not.

Quote Originally Posted by moonglow View Post
    Were the people in Judah black? I don't get the connection of your post and the title..where do the black people fit in on this? Jesus was descended from the tribe of Judah but I don't think He was black.

God bless
    Judah was not black and yes, Israel was formed in one day.The day was May 14, 1948.

Do not get me wrong here. I am friends with many black pastors and they get just as ticked off about this stuff as I do. All this Judah being black junk comes from the movement led by racists in the black churches to make Christ a black man. Historically, the Jews were not black. The ones that are black today are black because they traveled into Africa and intermarried. The Black skin color came from Africans they married into, not Jews.

I used to see these characters on TV from time to time. Usually during the wee hours of the morning.

As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

Isaiah 59:21

Well he has all kinds of convuluted beliefs, like Christ isn't God so I know he is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    I used to see these characters on TV from time to time. Usually during the wee hours of the morning.

Where do you fall on that Chart Fenris? You do not look like any of them. I guess I must be from the tribe of Gad. Just can't figure out why the Seminoles are from Reuben and the rest of us Injuns are from Gad.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynolds357 View Post
    Where do you fall on that Chart Fenris? You do not look like any of them.
    Well, the folks who made that chart would say I'm not from the 12 tribes.

Some strange things on TV late at night, hey.
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

Blog Entries

Hey, maybe you're like me......some missionary long ago tried to convince me I was descended from the tribe of Moroni from the planet of Golub, and therefore, a "chosen one."

My first question was how to become 'unchosen.'

Sounds like something born from Herbert W Armstrong who taught British Israelism.

For the cause of Christ
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Hey, maybe you're like me......some missionary long ago tried to convince me I was descended from the tribe of Moroni from the planet of Golub, and therefore, a "chosen one."
    There can be only one....

Thread Information