cure-real
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22

Thread: Herman Cain

  1. #16

    Re: Herman Cain

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    How many times has he tried now? And didn't he leave the Republican party?

    I like and respect Alan Keyes for what's he's done in the past, and he did and attempted some really good things, excepting only the "Do not charge black American's federal income tax as way of reparations" thing.
    I do not remember the do not charge black Americans income tax "thing." As of last election, he was still Republican.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wherever the Lord places me
    Posts
    34,664

    Re: Herman Cain

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    I like and respect Alan Keyes for what's he's done in the past, and he did and attempted some really good things, excepting only the "Do not charge black American's federal income tax as way of reparations" thing.
    Wait, what? He really said that?

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Not of this earth
    Posts
    6,781

    Re: Herman Cain

    For a certain length of time - a generation or two - [the Roman Empire] exempted the damaged city from taxation. One possible plan for reparations might be to exempt African-Americans of slave heritage from paying federal income tax since slavery resulted from "an egregious failure on the part of the federal establishment."
    Source: AgapePress.org, "Keyes' Reparations Reversal" Sep 1, 2004

    And from this link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5747800/ns/us_news-life/

    Alan Keyes, the Republican candidate for the U.S. Senate who once referred to reparations as “an insult to our slave ancestors,” is now calling for a plan that would exempt the descendants of slaves from income taxes for at least a generation.

    Tax exemption would give Blacks "a competitive edge in the labor market," because they would be cheaper to hire than federal tax-paying employee" and allow Blacks to be compensated "for all those years when your labor was being exploited," said Keyes, who is challenging Illinois state Sen. Barack Obama for the U.S. Senate seat.
    Just as I am, without one plea, but that thy blood
    was shed for me, and that thou bidst me come to thee,
    Lamb of God, I come, I come.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wherever the Lord places me
    Posts
    34,664

    Re: Herman Cain

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Alan Keyes, the Republican candidate for the U.S. Senate who once referred to reparations as “an insult to our slave ancestors,” is now calling for a plan that would exempt the descendants of slaves from income taxes for at least a generation.

    Tax exemption would give Blacks "a competitive edge in the labor market," because they would be cheaper to hire than federal tax-paying employee" and allow Blacks to be compensated "for all those years when your labor was being exploited," said Keyes, who is challenging Illinois state Sen. Barack Obama for the U.S. Senate seat.
    Uhh hoo boy. This is not a conservative position.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Not of this earth
    Posts
    6,781

    Re: Herman Cain

    To be fair I've never agreed with anyone I've ever met 100% of the time. I still think he's a great guy.
    Just as I am, without one plea, but that thy blood
    was shed for me, and that thou bidst me come to thee,
    Lamb of God, I come, I come.

  6. #21

    Re: Herman Cain

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    For a certain length of time - a generation or two - [the Roman Empire] exempted the damaged city from taxation. One possible plan for reparations might be to exempt African-Americans of slave heritage from paying federal income tax since slavery resulted from "an egregious failure on the part of the federal establishment."
    Source: AgapePress.org, "Keyes' Reparations Reversal" Sep 1, 2004

    And from this link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5747800/ns/us_news-life/

    Alan Keyes, the Republican candidate for the U.S. Senate who once referred to reparations as “an insult to our slave ancestors,” is now calling for a plan that would exempt the descendants of slaves from income taxes for at least a generation.

    Tax exemption would give Blacks "a competitive edge in the labor market," because they would be cheaper to hire than federal tax-paying employee" and allow Blacks to be compensated "for all those years when your labor was being exploited," said Keyes, who is challenging Illinois state Sen. Barack Obama for the U.S. Senate seat.
    Considering Keyes used to 100% oppose any form of affirmative action, either he was misquoted or he drastically changed his views in the last several years.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    383

    Re: Herman Cain

    I listen to Herman Cain on the radio occasionally. I don't dislike the guy. I don't think that political experience is necessary, although it may or may not help. For the office of the President, I do like a person to have some good executive experience, since, after all, he's the CEO of a Republic.

    I do agree about Gov Christie. He'd be my number one choice if he'd run!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Line of Cain
    By daughter in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Aug 23rd 2009, 05:38 PM
  2. The Mark of Cain
    By ZAB in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: May 29th 2009, 10:59 PM
  3. Information Cain Wife
    By issa in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: Mar 25th 2009, 02:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •