cure-real
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Herman Cain

Re: Herman Cain

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    How many times has he tried now? And didn't he leave the Republican party?

I like and respect Alan Keyes for what's he's done in the past, and he did and attempted some really good things, excepting only the "Do not charge black American's federal income tax as way of reparations" thing.
    I do not remember the do not charge black Americans income tax "thing." As of last election, he was still Republican.

I like and respect Alan Keyes for what's he's done in the past, and he did and attempted some really good things, excepting only the "Do not charge black American's federal income tax as way of reparations" thing.
    Wait, what? He really said that?

For a certain length of time - a generation or two - [the Roman Empire] exempted the damaged city from taxation. One possible plan for reparations might be to exempt African-Americans of slave heritage from paying federal income tax since slavery resulted from "an egregious failure on the part of the federal establishment."
    Source: AgapePress.org, "Keyes' Reparations Reversal" Sep 1, 2004

And from this link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5747800/ns/us_news-life/

Alan Keyes, the Republican candidate for the U.S. Senate who once referred to reparations as “an insult to our slave ancestors,” is now calling for a plan that would exempt the descendants of slaves from income taxes for at least a generation.

Tax exemption would give Blacks "a competitive edge in the labor market," because they would be cheaper to hire than federal tax-paying employee" and allow Blacks to be compensated "for all those years when your labor was being exploited," said Keyes, who is challenging Illinois state Sen. Barack Obama for the U.S. Senate seat.
    Just as I am, without one plea, but that thy blood
    was shed for me, and that thou bidst me come to thee,
    Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Alan Keyes, the Republican candidate for the U.S. Senate who once referred to reparations as “an insult to our slave ancestors,” is now calling for a plan that would exempt the descendants of slaves from income taxes for at least a generation.

Tax exemption would give Blacks "a competitive edge in the labor market," because they would be cheaper to hire than federal tax-paying employee" and allow Blacks to be compensated "for all those years when your labor was being exploited," said Keyes, who is challenging Illinois state Sen. Barack Obama for the U.S. Senate seat.
    Uhh hoo boy. This is not a conservative position.

To be fair I've never agreed with anyone I've ever met 100% of the time. I still think he's a great guy.
    Just as I am, without one plea, but that thy blood
    was shed for me, and that thou bidst me come to thee,
    Lamb of God, I come, I come.

For a certain length of time - a generation or two - [the Roman Empire] exempted the damaged city from taxation. One possible plan for reparations might be to exempt African-Americans of slave heritage from paying federal income tax since slavery resulted from "an egregious failure on the part of the federal establishment."
    Source: AgapePress.org, "Keyes' Reparations Reversal" Sep 1, 2004

And from this link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5747800/ns/us_news-life/

Considering Keyes used to 100% oppose any form of affirmative action, either he was misquoted or he drastically changed his views in the last several years.

I listen to Herman Cain on the radio occasionally. I don't dislike the guy. I don't think that political experience is necessary, although it may or may not help. For the office of the President, I do like a person to have some good executive experience, since, after all, he's the CEO of a Republic.

I do agree about Gov Christie. He'd be my number one choice if he'd run!

Thread Information