Page 1 of 20 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Three Days and Three Nights

Three Days and Three Nights

I have been doing a lot of research lately regarding Matty 12:40

For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

It all started with a Video that I saw around Christmas called the Bethlemhem Star. In short the video gives evidence that Jesus was Crucified on Friday and Rose on early Sunday morning. I don't so much want to discuss the video as much as I want to discuss what the Bible says. I always had a problem with a Friday Crucificion in light of Matt 12:40 because you can't get three days and three nights from Fri to Sun.

I don't have an opinion one way or the other than I know the Bible must be true. I have seen eveidence from both sides of the debate but want to see what some of you may have to say about it.

I did a search and didn't see anything so I apologize if this has been discussed before.
    E ku'u lesu, ku'u Ho'ola
    'O'oe ke ala,
    A me ka 'oia'i'o
    A me Keolamauloa
    'Amene

My Jesus, My savior. You are the way, the truth and the everlasting life. Amen

Re: Three Days and Three Nights

Wow, I think the last time I posted here I had several thousands posts. O well
    E ku'u lesu, ku'u Ho'ola
    'O'oe ke ala,
    A me ka 'oia'i'o
    A me Keolamauloa
    'Amene

Blog Entries

We know He had to be three days and three nights, as Jonah. We know He rose on the first day of the week. Logic tells us He was crucified on a Thurday.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybob View Post
    We know He had to be three days and three nights, as Jonah. We know He rose on the first day of the week. Logic tells us He was crucified on a Thurday.
    He died on thursday indeed, for let God be true and every man a liar. The problem comes from one verse in the book of John where it says that the day after was a High Sabbath, meaning a very serious holiday. Early Christians interpreted that as it was Saturday but it was not. The day after Passover is a very holy day called the feast of unleavened bread, which was a day of rest.

Shalom

Scripture doesn't tell us Jesus was cruficied on Friday, unfortunately, that is a myth that has become accepted as if it were biblical fact.

Actually, Scripture tells us that Jesus was not crucified on Friday...it just doesn't tell us specifically if it were Thursday or Wednesday.

Scripture tells us there was an additional 'high sabbath' that week, and it did not fall on the 'regular weekly sabbath'; and it was this special high-sabbath that Jesus was taken down off of the cross from, so as not to violate.

Ive read arguements for either Thursday or Wednesday crucifixion, and either are more tendable than Friday, which isn't tendable at all because of the High Sabbath that week.

There is an interesting scripture that tells us Jesus would be betrayed after two days, Matt 26:2

Ye know that after two days is [the feast of] the passover, and the Son of man is betrayed to be crucified.

Working Backward we can tell (maybe not 100%) but we can tell this was Sunday when Jesus said this. This would put the Feast on Wed and Jesus was Betrayed.

The question is, What was the last supper?

If this is true, it would would put the crucificion on Thursday, but did a sabbath actually start Thursday evening in which The Preists wanted to remove the bodies off the crosses before the sabbath started.
    E ku'u lesu, ku'u Ho'ola
    'O'oe ke ala,
    A me ka 'oia'i'o
    A me Keolamauloa
    'Amene

From that time Jesus began to show His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised up on the third day.
    How could he spend 3 days and 3 nights in the grave, if he was raised on the third day?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybob View Post
    Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world. But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.

Let's say I have a seed and it is guaranteed to sprout from the ground in three days and three nights from the time it is put in the ground and is also stated on the package it will sprout after three days. So I put it in the ground a moment before 6pm on Thursday. When should I look for it to sprout from the ground? (time and day)

I edited my post.

We know when the women got there while still dark on Sunday morning he was gone from the tomb.

In the slave pits of manmade Christianity, setting the captives free.

RabbiKnife's Compendium on Debating Questions of Scripture

1. Posit Number the First: Does is matter?

Jesus had to die on Thursday for him to be in the grave 3 days and 3 nights. If he died on Thursday, that would place Palm Sunday on the 10th of Nissan which is the perfect day to fulfill three other prophecies. If he died on Wednesday, that would put three other prophecies out of wack. If Wednesday was passover, then he resurrected on the 18th day, not the 17th day and Palm Sunday would have been the 11th instead of the 10th. And furthermore, you will have Jesus in the grave for more than 3 days and 3 nights if he died on Wednesday.

Noah's ark rested on mount Ararat on the 17th day of the 7th month (Gen 8:4), which was turned into the first month in Exo 12:2. We find rest on the fact that Jesus resurrected from the dead.

We reached the promised land when we select Jesus as our passover lamb of God that takes away our sins. That had to happen on the 10th day of the month (Exo 12:3).

Israel reached the promised land when they crossed the Jordan river, and that event was the 10th day of this month (Joshua 4:19).

We reached the promised land when we select Jesus as our King, and Jesus entered Jerusalem as the king on Palm Sunday. That was the day to select a king. Dan 9:25 stated that had to be the day for that to happen and that is why Jesus asked for a donkey to fulfill zec 9:9 and that is why Jesus declared judgment on Israel that day, for not knowing the TIME of their visitation. My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.

That is why Jesus had to die on Thursday, not wednesday.

The day after the passover is always a super holy day. Passover is the 14th, the feast of unleavened bread falls on the 15th.

Lev 23:5 In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD's passover.
    Lev 23:6 And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread.

Jn 19:31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away

God did that on purpose, because if they had left Jesus on the cross after sunset, the curse that fell on him would had returned to earth and we would have been still in our sins. It is written:

Deut 21:23 His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God ) that thy land be not defiled, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Shalom

Quote Originally Posted by Phish View Post
    There is an interesting scripture that tells us Jesus would be betrayed after two days, Matt 26:2

Ye know that after two days is [the feast of] the passover, and the Son of man is betrayed to be crucified.

Working Backward we can tell (maybe not 100%) but we can tell this was Sunday when Jesus said this. This would put the Feast on Wed and Jesus was Betrayed.

The question is, What was the last supper?

If this is true, it would would put the crucificion on Thursday, but did a sabbath actually start Thursday evening in which The Preists wanted to remove the bodies off the crosses before the sabbath started.
    The last supper was started at the end of the passover meal which would have began at the 6pm hour on Tuesday the beginning of the 14th of month betrayed I would guess around midnight between Tuesday and Wednesday on the 14th Christ died around 3pm Wednesday on 14th put in tomb just at end of 14th beginning the 15th a holy convocation day. After the 15th holy convocation day women bought spices and prepared them Friday 16th and rested the weekly sabbath day Saturday the 17th early on morning of 18th Sunday while still dark they set out for the tomb but found him gone when they got there.

Quote Originally Posted by percho View Post
    The last supper was started at the end of the passover meal which would have began at the 6pm hour on Tuesday betrayed I would guess around midnight between Tuesday and Wednesday on the 14th Christ died around 3pm Wednesday on 14th put in tomb just at end of 14th beginning the 15th a holy convocation day. After the 15th holy convocation day women bought spices and prepared them Friday 16th and rested the weekly sabbath day Saturday the 17th early on morning of 18th Sunday while still dark they set out for the tomb but found him gone when they got there.
    Four days, definetively more than 3 days and 3 nights. Lazarus body smelled bad on the 4th day

Ps 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Acts 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Acts 13:35 Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Shalom

Quote Originally Posted by Servant89 View Post
    Four days, definetively more than 3 days and 3 nights. Lazarus body smelled bad on the 4th day

Ps 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Acts 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Acts 13:35 Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Shalom
    He saw no corruption. Did anyone see him come out of the tomb? NO. He was already risen when the women got there in the dark. How long had he been risen? See my post concerning the seed. I would guess he had been risen close to twelve hours when the women got to the tomb.

If Jesus says there 12 hours of daylight. How many do you think he would say is in the night? Now if he, Jesus said the only sign he would give that he is the Messiah is he would be in the heart of the earth 3 of these day periods and 3 of these night periods how far off do you think he would give himself and still be within this time frame?

Thread Information