cure-real
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Signs of a Prophet ...

The Signs of a Prophet ...

Someone asked me these questions:

1. Is there still observable evidence that a prophet is a Father ordained prophet as they or others may promote them to be, if you observe that prophet offer words that give false wittiness against a neighbor or slander a neighbor just because they do not agree with said neighbor AND then the proclaimed prophet does not repent of said false wittiness to restore themselves and their neighbor. Are they still a prophet, if they do not repent and restore and reverence ALL of God's word again ?

1st qualification (evidence)
    Do the words of the proclaimed prophet come to pass.
    IE: Do the proclaimed prophet's words come to pass. before the fact/event happens that was spoken of by the prophet.
    Not brought to peoples eyes or ears as evidence after the fact/event spoken of by the proclaimed prophet comes to pass but before it comes to pass.

2nd qualification (evidence)
    Is the proclaimed prophet obedient to all of God's word.
    Or do they pick and choose depending on the temporal situation, pick and chose which of God's words to remain obediently to.
    IE: One day the proclaimed prophet is obedient and speaks truth, then the next day (like all of us) they are not obedient and speak falsehoods or slander, but the prophet does not repent afterward, for forgiveness, and also to restore said neighbors. \

================================================== =======

What are the signs of a true prophet of God. Here on planet earth today? That is the question we are trying to answer in this thread.

Deu 18:21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?
    Deut 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

That is pretty straight forward.

False Proohets:

Deu 13:1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,
    2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;
    3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

A good example of the this is the virgin of Fatima, which brought fire from heaven in accordance to Rev 13:13, and in accordance to Deu 13 shown here, declared that God wanted people to worship her on that mountain. By the way, she showed up six times but only on days # 13 of the month. What a hint.

How about behavior of the prophet? God chose Moses, a murderer that never went to the police to confess his crime.

David was a adulterous man, a murderer too after he was filled with the HS. But he repented immediately.

John the Baptist was asked: Are you Elijah? and he said no, in spite that he was and Jesus had to correct that statement.

I care more, I am impressed more with the following in a prophet of God:

Miracles that violate the laws of physics (like creating a new arm where there was none... immediatelly).

Little ego, no self righteouness

Do not get offended at people when they insult them.

Willing to die for Christ and his message (Foxes Book of Martyrs)

Elijah was a man with like passions like us.
    Jas 5:17 Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months.

HUMBLE !!!! MEEK !!!! Num 12:3 (Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.)

What think Ye?

Shalom

Re: The Signs of a Prophet ...

I want to expand on this one: Miracles that violate the laws of physics (like creating a new arm where there was none... immediatelly).

Miracles is another good sign to go by. When God sends his word, he sends it with evidence that the word came from him. Prophecy fulfilled is one, another one is a miracle. This is the answer God gave Moses.

Exo 4:1 And Moses answered and said, But, behold, they will not believe me, nor hearken unto my voice: for they will say, The LORD hath not appeared unto thee.
    2 And the LORD said unto him, What is that in thine hand? And he said, A rod.
    3 And he said, Cast it on the ground. And he cast it on the ground, and it became a serpent; and Moses fled from before it.
    4 And the LORD said unto Moses, Put forth thine hand, and take it by the tail. And he put forth his hand, and caught it, and it became a rod in his hand:
    5 That they may believe that the LORD God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath appeared unto thee.
    6 And the LORD said furthermore unto him, Put now thine hand into thy bosom. And he put his hand into his bosom: and when he took it out, behold, his hand was leprous as snow.
    7 And he said, Put thine hand into thy bosom again. And he put his hand into his bosom again; and plucked it out of his bosom, and, behold, it was turned again as his other flesh.
    8 And it shall come to pass, if they will not believe thee, neither hearken to the voice of the first sign, that they will believe the voice of the latter sign.
    9 And it shall come to pass, if they will not believe also these two signs, neither hearken unto thy voice, that thou shalt take of the water of the river, and pour it upon the dry land: and the water which thou takest out of the river shall become blood upon the dry land.

Jesus himself used that evidence to show he came from God. He said:

Jn 10:37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
    Jn 10:38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

Jn 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else Believe me for the very works' sake.

Acts 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

And yes, the enemy works hard at creating lying wonders himself (2The 2:9). It is up to us to discern the truth from the lies.

P.S. I read the entire Koran, Mohamed did not do one single miracle, none, nada, ziltch.

Shalom
    Last edited by Servant89; Feb 5th 2011 at 06:21 PM.

A false prophet is still called a prophet, just as the beast and false prophet will be.

Because of what they say and may do, they shall deceive many.

Firstfruits

Quote Originally Posted by Firstfruits View Post
    A false prophet is still called a prophet, just as the beast and false prophet will be.

Because of what they say and may do, they shall deceive many.

Firstfruits
    That is true, but it always come with the modifyer "false" ahead of it.

I do not think the virgin of Fatima is a prophet. I believe he is a false prophet.

Peace !

Quote Originally Posted by Servant89 View Post
    That is true, but it always come with the modifyer "false" ahead of it.

I do not think the virgin of Fatima is a prophet. I believe he is a false prophet.

Peace !
    Fatima was an appearance of Mary. Mary appeared and gave three prophecies according to roman catholic tradition. Of course it is all false.

For the cause of Christ
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by notuptome View Post
    Fatima was an appearance of Mary. Mary appeared and gave three prophecies according to roman catholic tradition. Of course it is all false.

For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    People that have not study brain surgery, should not be cutting anyone's brain.

That is definitively not an appearance of Mary.

Mary will never ever promote the worship of herself.

It is not in accordance to catholic tradition, it is a fact of history. 70,000 people were witnesses of his lying wonder on 13 oct 1917. We have pictures of it!

Peace

There is a difference between "false prophets" and God's prophets --for good or for evil.

The O.T. prophets of God were a ministry of God for that period, and the N.T. prophets serve the church today. One can gain a good understanding of prophets today in Romans, 1 Corinthians, and Ephesians. In this dispensation a prophet is given to maintain God's testimony, defend the truth within the church, set forth the mind of God for the saints, etc. This is the essence of prophets, I believe. Prophecy, as in Revelation and other places for the church age is another thing and that is of the Holy Spirit.

- 1 Watchman

True prophets usually get killed by those in religious authority.

Mt 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

Mt 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Jesus could get along with sinners but had a hard time being around those in religious power.

When everyone praises someone as a prophet of God.... watch out, that is not a good sign.

Mat 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
    12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

False Prophets are really mean people, they do not show it in public, but when you get in a closed room with them, their fangs show up.

Mt 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

False prophets have no power. It is all smoke and mirrors.

Shalom

Blog Entries

Since MoreMercy hasn't shown up yet, I'm left to wonder why he thought this would have been a useful exercise. I think he sees many false prophets in Christian leadership (as I also do) and isn't quite comfortable accepting some of the more supernatural stories recorded in the Honeymoon Prayer thread as wholly God's work. I've been there, too, and though I'm becoming more confident in my ability to judge the true from the counterfeit, I could always be wrong!

But what's interesting for me to consider is that he may have thought you could be considered a prophet. On the grounds of an occasional word of knowledge? Based on the Honeymoon Prayer thread I don't see you speaking on behalf of God with authority, and isn't that a necessary condition of a prophet, true or false? What I see is that you are given some knowledge, and the person for whom that knowledge is intended is given a confirmation that the knowledge is true, so that you are never asserting or defending your authority as a prophet. Am I talking myself into some dark corner where I probably shouldn't go?

Quote Originally Posted by little watchman View Post
    Since MoreMercy hasn't shown up yet, I'm left to wonder why he thought this would have been a useful exercise. I think he sees many false prophets in Christian leadership (as I also do) and isn't quite comfortable accepting some of the more supernatural stories recorded in the Honeymoon Prayer thread as wholly God's work. I've been there, too, and though I'm becoming more confident in my ability to judge the true from the counterfeit, I could always be wrong!

But what's interesting for me to consider is that he may have thought you could be considered a prophet. On the grounds of an occasional word of knowledge? Based on the Honeymoon Prayer thread I don't see you speaking on behalf of God with authority, and isn't that a necessary condition of a prophet, true or false? What I see is that you are given some knowledge, and the person for whom that knowledge is intended is given a confirmation that the knowledge is true, so that you are never asserting or defending your authority as a prophet. Am I talking myself into some dark corner where I probably shouldn't go?
    I have never ever in church said: "Thus says the Lord..." I have never ever in Church given an interpretation for a tongue. I have never ever said: "God spoke to me in a dream"... or "God told me..." NEVER. I do not do that. (well, not yet) I do not consider myself a prophet. I am a sinner in desperate need of the mercy of God. My point about my testimony honeymoon prayer is that, if God is real to me, he can be real to anyone. But the trick is hunger for his word, not valueing traditions of men about his word, and plain old fashion faith in God. Not counting on my holiness to impress him is another big one.

No one can tell me I did not experience those things.... and the fact that people do not believe me tells me .... things have not changed much in 2000 years.

Peace

Blog Entries

No one can tell me I did not experience those things.... and the fact that people do not believe me tells me .... things have not changed much in 2000 years.
    Peace
    Do people tell you you did not experience those things? I suggested only that some might not accept them as wholly God's work, for example the "revival" meeting where a man was acting like a chicken and another was roaring like a lion (which you also doubt.) Many people I know doubt all "speaking in tongues" that to them appears to be meaningless babble rather than genuine language, who lean on unflattering testimonies of the tongues movement such as this one: http://www.birthpangs.org/articles/background/lang.html Such people would be in a position to doubt much of your testimony.

I think it's important to distinguish between those who doubt, but still have a seed of faith that God is growing, and those who doubt because they do not have His Spirit and do not listen to His voice. It's the difference between Jesus turning away from the Pharisees and making a special appearance to Thomas after his resurrection. It's usually better to treat people like Thomases!

Blog Entries

People that have not study brain surgery, should not be cutting anyone's brain.

That is definitively not an appearance of Mary.

Mary will never ever promote the worship of herself.

It is not in accordance to catholic tradition, it is a fact of history. 70,000 people were witnesses of his lying wonder on 13 oct 1917. We have pictures of it!

Peace
    Not to mention most 1st century Jews didn't look like Northern Europeans.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Not to mention most 1st century Jews didn't look like Northern Europeans.
    That spirit is a camaleon. To the Mexican, the Virgin of Guadalupe looks Maya. To the Frech, that spirit shows up with blue eyes. To those in Africa, that spirit is a black person. Satan knows we are more willing to welcome one of our own, than an outsider.

Shalom

God will use ANY creature, to work HIS will on the earth.
    Whether that creature calls himself a prophet or other creatures call him a prophet makes no difference.
    God will (not does) but will use any creature (obedient or disobedient creature) to work His will on the earth.

BUT, God will 'only' SPEAK through one of His OBEDIENT creatures, period.

Any creature can or will be USED by God to work His will on the earth, but 'only' His obedient creatures will be chosen by God to SPEAK for Him, period.... those are Father's prophets, teachers, good/obedient servants.

No discussion from me Servant89, you either understand what I share or you do not.
    No discussion, period.

Father blesses.

Quote Originally Posted by MoreMercy View Post
    God will use ANY creature, to work HIS will on the earth.
    Whether that creature calls himself a prophet or other creatures call him a prophet makes no difference.
    God will (not does) but will use any creature (obedient or disobedient creature) to work His will on the earth.

BUT, God will 'only' SPEAK through one of His OBEDIENT creatures, period.

Any creature can or will be USED by God to work His will on the earth, but 'only' His obedient creatures will be chosen by God to SPEAK for Him, period.... those are Father's prophets, teachers, good/obedient servants.

No discussion from me Servant89, you either understand what I share or you do not.
    No discussion, period.

Father blesses.
    ok with me.

Shalom

Thread Information