cure-real
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How does the Devil influence us?

How does the Devil influence us?

I know the Devil takes a spiritual form ... but how does he influence our thoughts and behaviours?

Blog Entries

Re: How does the Devil influence us?

2 Corinthians 11:14-"And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light."
    1 Peter 5:8-"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"

The devil or Satan entices us towards sin by making things that we know are wrong, seem so right. He will get to us through the flesh. He can get to us through our senses, what we see, taste, smell and touch and hear.
    .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Quote Originally Posted by Camellia View Post
    I know the Devil takes a spiritual form ... but how does he influence our thoughts and behaviours?
    Through the senses of the outer man.

But often he has a grip on areas of our lives that go very deep. We have lives that go back BEFORE we were Christians. As we grow in Christ, these strongholds must be delivered up to God. He will overcome in us if we don't resist the Lord.

So the Devil encourages people to do things that they know are wrong to do?

Blog Entries

The devil is a tempter indeed, however, man doesn't always need his help. We are known to give into our own fleshly desires because of our sin nature.
    1 Corinthians 10:13-"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."
    .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Blog Entries

Satan takes advantage of sin and feeds on it. He tempts, but he also watches people and knows what all our "buttons" are and where we're weak. Which is why it's so important to a) acknowledge our weaknesses and b) give them to God to handle as He sees fit and cover them with His grace, because our strengths don't make up for them. What makes up for them, is Jesus. The more we rely on our own strength, the more we set ourselves up for being tripped up. Pride comes before a fall, every time. It's important that we understand, accept and acknowledge before God that we are weak and frail as compared to His great strength, and that we need Him always.

We have to remember that there are beings out there who have been around for thousands of years, in the unseen realm. They know more than we do. They've seen it all. They've been active participants in human history behind the scenes for thousands of years. They know human nature and how to get at people and how to yank our chains, so to speak.

But on the other hand, we serve a God who has been around forever and who is everything we need to keep us from evil and deliver us from sin. In the end, it's between us and God. Because even the devil himself is in God's hands and for Him to deal with, and not something we should focus on.

Focus on Jesus. He has overcome everything and has all authority over every last bit of power satan could ever hope to manifest. Focus on obedience and submission to God and let the devil hang himself in his own rebellion, because that's not for us to deal with.

The enemy can influence a christian, but can not posses a christian, because the christian is already born again by the Holy Spirit.

Any time, we start thinking negative or sinful thoughts, we open a door for the enemy to start influencing those evil thoughts of ours, and so he takes it from there.
    On the other hand, the more we think thoughts, according to the Word of God, we open door to the Holy Spirit to take those thoughts, and use them as he wills, and he starts to influence us.

So we start first, by thinking bad or good thoughts, and in that way, we open ourselves to be influenced either by the enemy, or by the Spirit of God. The choice is entirely ours. We are the initiators.

When we think holy thoughts, heaven comes closer to us, and starts influencing us, and the angels are happy to come close and serve us.

When we think sinful thoughts, we open door to the enemy to use those thoughts, and so to influence us. Also, we attract the evil spirits and give them oportunity to use those thoughts and influence our actions.

That is why, we are commanded to renew our minds with the Word of God.

Romans 12:1,2, Ephesians 4:26,27

The best bait Satan uses to get us to do what he wants us to do is .... are you ready? ..... SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS.

He tells the Jehovah's witnesses... only JWs go to heaven, all other Christians denominations are an abomination to God, you are the most righteous of all. They eat it like candy.

He tells the Mormons .... only Mormons go to the third heaven to be with God, all other Christians denominations are an abomination to God, you are the most righteous of all. They eat it like candy.

He knows God wants us to give as we purpose in our hearts, not grudgingly or out of necessity, for the Lord LOVES the cheerful GIVER (not people that pay a debt, returning money that does not belong to them). Satan knows that, and he tells people: You are the true righteous ones, the ones that tithe. People that do not tithe do not realize they are stealing from God. Share with others that you are a tither and that God has blessed you. People eat it like candy.

He tells the Christians that meet on Saturday instead of Sunday: Everyone else fails to keep His Commandments, only a few truly love God and you are one of them. Keep the sabbath, keep the OT diet, that is what makes you better than the rest of Christianity. People eat it like candy.

He tells people in the Church, God does not like musical instruments in worship. That is a thing of the world. All other Christians denominations are blind, they do not get it. Only a few that really love the Lord get this. Worship him acapella, because it shows you are truly one of the righteous ones. People eat it like candy.

When Jesus said he was going to Jerulsalem to die, satan told Peter something in the line of .... Are you going to let that happen? I know you love him. If you love him you will try to stop him. Give Jesus your advice, tell him not to do what he wants to do. I know you are a good person Peter, so share your love and righteousness with him, tell him not to do that. Peter did tell Jesus. Jesus responded: "Satan ! Get ye behind me!

Check out this demon possessed lady. Check out what that demon said!!!!!

Acts 16:16 And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:
    17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which show unto us the way of salvation.
    18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

Satan was trying to get to their good side by telling people about the Apostle Paul's righteousness. Paul was not deceived.

This is how the antichrist does business. The key word here is complimenting people, praising their righteousness, ... flatteries.

Dan 11:21 And in his estate shall stand up a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom: but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.

Dan 11:32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

Dan 11:34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.

Jesus was not deceived either.... Notice Nicodemons flatteries and notice how Jesus stopped him cold.

John 3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
    2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
    3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Jn 5:41 I receive not honour from men.
    Jn 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

Gal 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Shalom

Hmm so all your posts have given me something to think about.

Servant89, I like your description of the righteousness of Christian denominations ... that kind of righteousness is all too easy to slip into, I've done it myself lots of times

But I am not sure how this differs from the conscience. If you do something wrong and know it's a clear sin (like lying) and you think to yourself at the time, 'I shouldn't do this' and do it anyway. Is it satan who tempts you to lie in that instance? And your conscience which tells you it's wrong?

Servant89, I like your description of the righteousness of Christian denominations ... that kind of righteousness is all too easy to slip into, I've done it myself lots of times

But I am not sure how this differs from the conscience. If you do something wrong and know it's a clear sin (like lying) and you think to yourself at the time, 'I shouldn't do this' and do it anyway. Is it satan who tempts you to lie in that instance? And your conscience which tells you it's wrong?
    We sin because we want to. We have to power to stop, but we just dont.

1 Cor 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

The spirit of man is the conscience of man. All men have one. That is why most men feel guilty at one time or another, even many going to hell. But when a man becomes a Christian, God replaces the spirit of man with his Holy Spirit, which is far stronger and a greater positive influence on man. We are all soul, body and spirit.

Ps 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Ezek 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

Ezek 18:31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Ezek 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

That is why Jesus told Nicodemus concerning being born of the spirit....,

John 3:10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

Because this is not new testament doctrine (being born again of the spirit).

By the way, I am the king of falling for Satan's bait of self righteousness. No one stinks more than me.

Shalom

Does satan really have that much power on us where we can't stop sinning?... I think not. The Lord has already won victory, and through Him, so have we. We need to be at war against our flesh. Daily, hourly, every single second. If we step off guard, satan is right there to catch us and trap us.
    Why are you searching for love? Why are you still looking as if I'm not enough?

Adam! What happened? The woman that you gave me Lord, she got me in trouble.

Eve ! What happened? The devil made me do it Lord.

Stop blaming satan for our own weaknesses ...

Mk 14:38 Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak.

Gal 4:14 And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus.

Shalom

Quote Originally Posted by lovex View Post
    Does satan really have that much power on us where we can't stop sinning?... I think not. The Lord has already won victory, and through Him, so have we. We need to be at war against our flesh. Daily, hourly, every single second. If we step off guard, satan is right there to catch us and trap us.
    We should stop measuring righteousness relative to our resume, relative to how well we keep the law. That stinks!

Is 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags;

This is how I want to be found ... when Jesus returns ....

Phil 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Shalom

Thanks for your input, Servant89 I don't seem to know much about this yet - I have never seen the Corinthians verse about the conscience being replaced - thank you very much for supplying the relevant extracts

Lovex, thanks for that insight

James 1:13-15 James says that God does not tempt us to sin. We sin because we are drawn away of our own lusts. We in this body of flesh love to sin. The Spirit and the flesh war against each other. Paul exhorts us to consider our bodies dead. Rom 8:13, Col 3:5

2 Cor 4:7 We have this treasure in earthen vessels that the excellency of the power may be of God. Our adversary the devil can only influence the part of us that is of the earth, our body, not the Spirit. You will never resist the adversary in the power of your own will. Only by submitting to the Holy Spirit and through the strength of the Holy Spirit can one resist and be victorious over sin.

For the cause of Christ
    Roger

Thread Information